00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!!

3,360 Views | 43 Replies

Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-15 19:03:13

Hello, i am a new dev and i have just had my game taken down and i think they should tell us whats wrong insted of just taking down our games. its bullshit that i now dont have anny real way to get my game unbanned because i cant reupload it and i have not been told how to fix it and get my game back out there. this frustrates me and i dont get wy its so difficult 2 help me fix the problem and get my game back out there so that i can work on the other game i have been working on. i have school and i am developing so i use alot of my free time to work on my projects and it dose not feel good 2 have my game unuploaded and not getting a way to fix it.

Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!!

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-15 21:16:25

You are usually messaged and told why your game was taken down. What was the name of your game that was removed?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 06:21:30

Was your game removed by the mods, or was it blammed? Asking this because a game doesn't necessarily need to break any rules to be taken down, it can happen simply because enough players think it's shit.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 06:24:03

the game got 3 stars of 5 so it was not resived as shit, it was proboly the weak music plaing it the backround that was not suposed 2 be there for the player version

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 06:25:38

the name of the game was Give Me The Moneys and i didnt resive annything i was just told it had been unpublished by an admin or moderator

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 09:01:53

At 1/16/16 06:24 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote: it was proboly the weak music plaing it the backround that was not suposed 2 be there for the player version

Was the music copyrighted?

At 1/16/16 06:25 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote: the name of the game was Give Me The Moneys and i didnt resive annything i was just told it had been unpublished by an admin or moderator

Just post picture of the PM so we can see what happened.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 14:50:24

At 1/16/16 09:01 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 1/16/16 06:24 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote: it was proboly the weak music plaing it the backround that was not suposed 2 be there for the player version
Was the music copyrighted?

At 1/16/16 06:25 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote: the name of the game was Give Me The Moneys and i didnt resive annything i was just told it had been unpublished by an admin or moderator
Just post picture of the PM so we can see what happened.

i canst see it annymore so maby they removed the hole thing now but i think the easiest thing to do wold just be to republish it whit another name, still in the future they shold help us devs more in finding the reasons but thanks for your help annyway

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 16:24:24

At 1/15/16 07:03 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: Hello, i am a new dev and i have just had my game taken down and i think they should tell us whats wrong insted of just taking down our games.

Unfortunately I was away on holidays on the 5th of January when you submitted your game or I might be able to give you some insight into why it was removed because I rarely miss any submissions. It wasn't Blammed it was definitely Mod removed. So I'd assume it was some form of template game with little to no alterations made to the template or because of the use of copyrighted audio or something the EGB and Mods consider shovelware. It wasn't reported by anyone in the EGB thread so I guess a Mod got to it before it was reported, which if it was removed probably would have happened anyway. There's one way to find out for sure and that's by activating my Wonder Twins Mod Calling Powers. Wonder Twins Mod Calling Powers Activate! @Exedor @Asandir @Jolly can any of you guys enlighten this poor young game developer as to why his game was removed? And now therealgamingturtle you just sit back, put your feet up, relax, have a chilled glass of soda pop and wait for their reply and have a genuinely nice day.

PS. Good grammar goes a long way. Wy = Why, I am = I'm, I have = I've, whats = what's, insted = instead.

EGB 4IC EGSC gamejunkie at your service.
*salutes*

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 17:05:51

@gamejunkie : no problem i think it was the music because it was not suposed 2 be in the finished vesion i just forgot and the site i downloaded it from said it was nocopyrighted but this was probobly my foult for trusting the internet, annyway i removed the music, made som sounds for diffrent things and republished it under the name GMTM : Give Me The Money. Thanks for responding to me tho i appreciate it and sry for my terribole english grammar.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 17:18:57

At 1/16/16 05:05 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: @gamejunkie : no problem i think it was the music because it was not suposed 2 be in the finished vesion i just forgot and the site i downloaded it from said it was nocopyrighted but this was probobly my foult for trusting the internet, annyway i removed the music, made som sounds for diffrent things and republished it under the name GMTM : Give Me The Money. Thanks for responding to me tho i appreciate it and sry for my terribole english grammar.

LOL! I was just playing with you about the grammar, I'm not a grammar nazi, I was just having a bit of fun. I'm heavily medicated right now. I'm glad at least I was able to shed some light on why your submission may have been removed.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 20:02:57

this is some bullshit now i just get my game instaunpublished and i still dont know wy the fucks tell me that i use some copyrighted shit when i have used my free time 2 create everything and i was happy but now im angry this shit needs to stop

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 20:22:49

At 1/16/16 08:02 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: this is some bullshit now i just get my game instaunpublished and i still dont know wy the fucks tell me that i use some copyrighted shit when i have used my free time 2 create everything and i was happy but now im angry this shit needs to stop

The re-submissions were removed because it's against the rules to re-submit something that was un-published or blammed. I don't know why the original submissions were removed because I'm not the one who removed it so you'll just have to wait for a response from the person who did remove them. Be patient and wait until then. Re-submissions will be removed.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 20:41:03

i fixed the problem it was because of the music that i now know was copyrighted so i fixed it and i tryed 2 get my game back out there.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-16 22:06:52

The only way to get anyone to offer advice on why it was removed without the original portal mod's input would be to upload it to Dumping Grounds and post a link to it from there. The dump doesn't get moderated; you can upload whatever you like there, which would be useful for people to see exactly what this flash has in it, apart from music which according to your last post shouldn't have been a problem this time around.

Do that, and we might be able to help you without the need of whoever unpublished it.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 08:04:49

At 1/16/16 02:50 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: i think the easiest thing to do wold just be to republish it whit another name, still in the future they shold help us devs more in finding the reasons but thanks for your help annyway

Don't, they'll just remove it again, it's against the rules to re-submit blammed/removed content and you may even receive a ban if you keep doing so.
If it was blammed then now you know you need to try harder next time you wish to make content.
If it was removed then there was clearly something wrong with it, copyrighted music/images/something and best thing you could do is scrap that and start over, making sure it's all according to the NG guidelines.

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 08:08:14

Replying in another post because i was told that if you edit your post to contain someone else's post that person doesn't get a notification.

At 1/16/16 10:06 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: The dump doesn't get moderated; you can upload whatever you like there

Wait what? What if someone posts illegal material like CP or files with people's personal information? There has to be some sort of moderation to catch those people, no?

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 08:33:45

At 1/17/16 08:08 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 1/16/16 10:06 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: The dump doesn't get moderated; you can upload whatever you like there
Wait what? What if someone posts illegal material like CP or files with people's personal information? There has to be some sort of moderation to catch those people, no?

I don't think it's practical to moderate the dump, as somebody has to sift through a lot of junk. As the stuff in the dump is private, there's no way for other people to flag it, too.

I can't remember if there was a disclaimer script for whether Newgrounds eschews responsibility for the files in dumping grounds when you start using it. I hope there is.

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 13:32:33

I have now uploaded it to dumpinggrounds can some mod check it out so that i can get on with my life?

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 14:04:16

At 1/17/16 01:32 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: I have now uploaded it to dumpinggrounds can some mod check it out so that i can get on with my life?

You need to post a link to it.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 14:23:44

At 1/17/16 02:04 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 1/17/16 01:32 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: I have now uploaded it to dumpinggrounds can some mod check it out so that i can get on with my life?
You need to post a link to it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2cb79898302ec8477269f9b8abe704b4

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 15:57:26

0 mods on now?

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 16:10:05

At 1/17/16 03:57 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: 0 mods on now?

You'll just have to wait and be patient until a moderator comes on to review and PM you. Moderation is volunteer based, so it's simply when they have time to be on and be active. No rush, as you can work on possibly a new submission in the passing time #;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-17 16:25:25

At 1/17/16 04:10 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 1/17/16 03:57 PM, therealgamingturtle wrote: 0 mods on now?
You'll just have to wait and be patient until a moderator comes on to review and PM you. Moderation is volunteer based, so it's simply when they have time to be on and be active. No rush, as you can work on possibly a new submission in the passing time #;-}>

k but now that you have the link in theory you shold be able 2 download and play it so if you are able to do so, do you mind playing it and telling me what you think because so far iv only got a 3 of 5 star review where he said it was fun but poined out some bugs so i have used my time 2 fix them and i wold like 2 know if its fun now.

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 10:00:39

I went through the Under Judgment list a few days ago and unpublished all of the Unity games that had been stuck in judgment. The problem is that Chrome no longer supports the Unity3D plugin and the web audience for Unity3D files has become extremely small. It would be best if you could export your game using Unity's WebGL export, then you could upload it as an HTML5 game.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 10:28:53

At 1/18/16 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: I went through the Under Judgment list a few days ago and unpublished all of the Unity games that had been stuck in judgment. The problem is that Chrome no longer supports the Unity3D plugin and the web audience for Unity3D files...

ok so if i do that my game will not get instantly taken down by another mod?

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 11:12:32

At 1/18/16 10:28 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote:
At 1/18/16 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: I went through the Under Judgment list a few days ago and unpublished all of the Unity games that had been stuck in judgment. The problem is that Chrome no longer supports the Unity3D plugin and the web audience for Unity3D files...

Correct!

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 11:28:13

At 1/18/16 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/18/16 10:28 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote:
Correct!

ok thanks now i have uploaded it with the other format http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668524

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 11:32:59

At 1/18/16 11:28 AM, therealgamingturtle wrote: ok thanks now i have uploaded it with the other format http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668524

Nice! Does this use the arrow keys to walk around? I can't seem to get the character to move, you may want to look over this part about key input not working:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/developer-resources/unity3d-webgl-support

A solution is under the part that says "Arrow keys cause the whole page to scroll"

BBS Signature

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 13:26:05

At 1/18/16 11:32 AM, TomFulp wrote: Nice! Does this use the arrow keys to walk around? I can't seem to get the character to move, you may want to look over this part about key input not working:
A solution is under the part that says "Arrow keys cause the whole page to scroll"

yeah i saw it when i uploaded the game so im on it

Response to Tell Us Wy!!!!!!!! 2016-01-18 13:54:56

im working on it now but i know that one way to fix it is when the game has loaded if you press on the sertchbar (you know the www.newgrounds.com) and then you press back on the game w, s, a and d will work to move the character