00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinbad118 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dead Racoon (Part 1)

331 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dead Racoon (Part 1) 2016-01-14 17:24:24

I drove home one day and saw a dead raccoon on the side of the road. It's little paws were thrust towards the sky comically. "How could you?!" he seemed to say. Nothing too special about a dead animal on the road, not with the heavy commuter traffic where I live, so I drove home and had an evening cup of coffee. Maybe I watched Breaking Bad. Doesn't matter.

The next day, coming home from work, and he is still there, paws still sticking up, legs splayed out, head back, mouth agape. I glance at it with a grimace. Will someone please come and pick this fucking thing up?

Third day, it is still there, baking in the afternoon sun. You've gotta be shittin' me. I should call the city.

Fourth day, there's a big thunderstorm. Some guy nearly T-bones me at the intersection near my house. People in this city have a rough time when the weather turns sour. I'm a little shaken up, cursing to myself in the car. Private road rage in the privacy of my vehicle. I don't think about the raccoon as I lay down to sleep that night.

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.