00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't Review! 2016-01-09 17:21:48

When accessing content, I can view reviews, but cannot post them. The review/vote section is not even visible to me. I made sure javascript is enabled and disabled all ad blocking without it appearing. I also checked multiple pages, so I know it's not just an issue with the one I want to review.
I am currently using Chrome, but have tested this with Firefox as well.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-01-09 22:28:19

At 1/9/16 05:39 PM, Centaurora wrote: You might be banned from reviewing, just a shot in the dark though. Have you recently left any abusive reviews?

I don't recall anything which might be considered rude, much less abusive. I've reviewed once or twice in the past year, so it can't be from spam, either.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-02-07 11:55:30

Hi there, I'm new here. I'm sorry if I made mistakes by posting a question in this thread, but I have already read faqs and rules about posting in forum. And when I have a question about same topic that was already made by other, then I supposed to "use" that thread to solve my question(problem).

So basically I have same problem with the TS(Topic Starter), but in my case I can see the "Write a Review" button and I even can write there, giving stars, and submit. But after I click submit, my review did not appear at all. I try to refresh my browser and write a new review click submit and once again it did not appear. Tried another games too but result is same.
Can someone help me? And if actually I got banned from reviewing, how can I know my status about banned from what?
But I never made an abusive review and I think I never spam too.

Many thanks.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-02-28 14:06:11

This issue has not yet been resolved. I still am unable to review, regardless of browser, pop-up blockers, and ad-blocking settings.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-02-29 03:11:02

This has GOT to be an issue with your setup one way or another. Unfortunately we're not going to be able help with what information you have given over. Specific URLs of content you have tried to review, steps to recreate what you are doing while you are in the page, whether you are logged in via username and password or through facebook/google, etc etc.

Results from this:
https://aboutmybrowser.com/?nr

Try opening an incognito window in chrome (assuming you don't run any extensions while in that mode) and see whether that makes any difference.

@Rulian posted reviews after he had complained about not being able to here, so I'm curious to know what was going on there.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-02-29 10:39:42

Been having the same problem when using NG on my Google Chrome browser. Can't rate, write reviews, submit artwork, or anything. This problem had occurred since yesterday. Could it be that I'm blocked, or that I need to download something specific in order to review things again...?

Response to Can't Review! 2016-02-29 15:48:35

At 2/29/16 10:39 AM, NostalgicNerd94 wrote: Been having the same problem when using NG on my Google Chrome browser. Can't rate, write reviews, submit artwork, or anything.

I refer you to the comment I left immediately before this reply you've left.

Response to Can't Review! 2016-03-27 15:41:27 (edited 2016-03-27 15:43:25)

At 2/29/16 03:11 AM, liljim wrote: This has GOT to be an issue with your setup one way or another. Unfortunately we're not going to be able help with what information you have given over. Specific URLs of content you have tried to review, steps to recreate what you are doing while you are in the page, whether you are logged in via username and password or through facebook/google, etc etc.

Results from this:
https://aboutmybrowser.com/?nr

Try opening an incognito window in chrome (assuming you don't run any extensions while in that mode) and see whether that makes any difference.

@Rulian posted reviews after he had complained about not being able to here, so I'm curious to know what was going on there.

Okay, let me know if I miss anything. I've attached an image so you can see all of the menus I can see.

The primary reason for this post was, if I recall correctly, either http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671033 or http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/568629, but I am unable to access the review menu through any game or movie I have tried.

I am logged in using Newgrounds (not fb or Google), and have tried both Chrome and Firefox. The only extensions they have in common are Ghostery, Adblock Plus, and Avast, and I have tried disabling all three to no avail. That includes running Incognito/Private Browsing. I am blocking 3rd-party cookies, but unless you can identify a specific set that are necessary, I'd rather not change that.

I am currently running Windows 10, but at the time of this post, it had still been Windows 7. The issue has not changed.

I was able to review about a year ago. Have there been any major updates to the site which changed review requirements? Does the process involve any 3rd-party cookies that I'm unaware of?

Can't Review!