00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How To Draw

586 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm a beginner and I really want to develop my drawing skills. If anyone is interested in teaching me or giving me tips and advice in traditional and/or digital drawing please message me, Thank you! :)

How To Draw

Response to How To Draw 2016-01-08 08:14:09

At 1/8/16 04:16 AM, Animares wrote: I'm a beginner and I really want to develop my drawing skills. If anyone is interested in teaching me or giving me tips and advice in traditional and/or digital drawing please message me, Thank you! :)

Hey! I can help you out with some tips, do you have any specific goals with your art?

Response to How To Draw 2016-01-08 15:49:42

At 1/8/16 04:16 AM, Animares wrote: I'm a beginner and I really want to develop my drawing skills. If anyone is interested in teaching me or giving me tips and advice in traditional and/or digital drawing please message me, Thank you! :)

you doing digital or

I don't fuckin know, you tell me

BBS Signature

Response to How To Draw 2016-01-08 17:23:06 (edited 2016-01-08 17:24:09)

I don't really have anything specific goals, just improvement

I dont do didgital but Id like to learn

Response to How To Draw 2016-01-10 11:31:50

YouTube has much to offer for anyone wanting to learn to draw.

I think the main thing that people don't pick up on is that drawing should not be like writing, drawing should be like building. You should not expect to place a mark on the page and make it perfect the first time. Rather, you need to add and subtract continuously until your drawing takes the shape you desire. This is much easier in digital media where you have tools like undo or layers or back-up saves, but you can do this with any old pencil and eraser too.

I know that this seems like a lot of extra work, but trust me, I tried to do quick and simple drawings for years, never improving, and when I finally gave in and used building methods, my quality improved dramatically in a short time.

Here's an example of building. First, make a quick little stick figure of the pose or object you want to draw. If I were doing an odd perspective, I would do one figure plainly to understand the pose and then one figure in the desired perspective. Next, do a more detailed figure focusing on correct body proportions and placement. Remember that humans are not stick figures, and leave yourself enough room for areas like hips, shoulders and ribcages. Next, flesh out the figure. Add things like the (+) marking to help you understand where your body are and what direction they are facing. Working quickly, I have only done this for the face, but for complicated poses, you can add these to every limb on the body, it's very helpful to have one on the torso as well. Once the figure is fleshed out, it is time to add details like clothing and face. If the facial expression is very important to the particular piece of art, it's better to add some marks earlier to indicate what you need.

How To Draw

Response to How To Draw 2016-01-10 17:34:48

At 1/8/16 08:12 PM, Korriken wrote: I'm currently studying these.

http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

I find them helpful.

haha dude thank you for this link, I am also trying to learn how to get better at art, and am looking at as many options as possible to try and help me.

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature