00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FL STUDIO: Is it normal for...

1,321 Views | 7 Replies

FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 08:40:41

...your songs to not take up at least 30 tracks on the playlist?

I usually use somewhere around 15 tracks in my average piece. The most I've ever used is around 21, and that's still nowhere near the 30, 40, or even 50 tracks I see a lot of other people using in their average piece.

Below I attached a picture of my best-received Newgrounds track Calygon, which only used 13 tracks. Is this normal?

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 08:43:57

If your tracks are received well, who cares how complicated it was to make them? After all, your talent is determined by what you can do with your tools, not by your tools itself.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 09:38:50

Ah yes, let me join in on this dick wagging contest.

Project file for.

But honestly, as long as it sounds good, it's fine.

BBS Signature

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 09:52:28

At 1/6/16 08:40 AM, 1f1n1ty wrote: ...your songs to not take up at least 30 tracks on the playlist?

I usually use somewhere around 15 tracks in my average piece. The most I've ever used is around 21, and that's still nowhere near the 30, 40, or even 50 tracks I see a lot of other people using in their average piece.

Below I attached a picture of my best-received Newgrounds track Calygon, which only used 13 tracks. Is this normal?

Very rarely if I'm honest. It's actually normal for me to have 100-300 of them, but I'm a very 'organised' creator that way, everything is named, color coded and split into sections for revisiting, and template creation. However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with few tracks. You could easily do a small band in a basic stereo (before Mic mixing) with like 5 or 6 patterns. Some people like using massive patterns, whereas others prefer small more manageable sections. So it's really how you want to work.

Things also get more complex when you merge sounds, so having several synths playing a single section is fairly normal. It's fairly normal for me to have 5 synths mixed together to play a single line. etc. So that'll contribute to a huge number of patterns created.

BBS Signature

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 10:01:43

sometimes even the most simplistic arrangements of a project file make "good" tracks.

if you want an example

look at flux pavilion's studio thing for his recent track.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 12:10:18

All of my tracks so far probably haven't hit more than 10 tracks. I'm making something a bit more complex at the moment, but I still won't hit 30+ (unless I suddenly get a crapload of inspiration).

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 13:34:04

I counted two different projects, and I've got around 50 each so far. I'm a messy producer though, so I don't know if that really says anything. I have at most 10 tracks going on at once, and that's including the automation.

As an example (SHAMELESS PLUG), here is a project I'm working on that is two minutes long so far and has more going on than in any other part of the mix, complete with a list of what all is actually going on in the description. I don't think it's that crazy, really. I also don't apologize for the loudness (it peaks at -2 RMS).

At 1/6/16 10:01 AM, Sequenced wrote:

sometimes even the most simplistic arrangements of a project file make "good" tracks.

if you want an example

look at flux pavilion's studio thing for his recent track.

Nice one. I saw that the other day too. Definitely something all prospective dance producers should take a gander at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLBPLyOzN_I

BBS Signature

Response to FL STUDIO: Is it normal for... 2016-01-06 14:27:09

The FL Studio Thread is literally only a few lines away from this one....