00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever!

5,455 Views | 59 Replies

In order:

Star Trek fans: If it's not cheesy 1960s-80s pseudo science, or has too much action, they hate it. They destroyed all hope for Enterprise, then whined about how awesome it was.

Nightwish fans: They hate any lead singer that's not Tarja... until they leave the band. Then the tune changes to how great they were.

Star Wars fans: Okay, I'm not debating that these people aren't understandably cautious about accepting anything new, but when something good finally does come along, they pick it apart.

Patriots fans: Loose a few games, blame the refs and whine about it for a week. Lose multiple games... leave at the end of the 3rd, break out the pitchforks and torches, and crucify Brady and BB!

Steelers fans: Bunch of bandwagoners living in a dream world. Ask them to name a SINGLE player on their starting lineup and they're like, "Duh... but I thought Ben Rotholisberger throw touchdown pass to Troy Polamalu!"

Thoughts? Did I miss anyone or have honorable mentions?

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 18:51:13

It seems like anybody involved in a fandom is completely consumed by it tbh
Their profile picture is a person from the thing
Their username is a reference to the thing
All they talk about is the thing, and they usually w2ite//like//they'2e//autistic\

So in short, i hate all fandoms because they make people 10x more annoying than they would be otherwise.

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." ~Arnaud Amalric

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 18:55:45

At 1/3/16 06:45 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: no one gives a fuck about nightwish

A sold out show at Wacken Open Air every year for a decade would disagree with you.

football fans in general are shit

This much is true...

you didn't even mention the most obvious... furries...sonic...mlp

What you do in your spare time is your own business. I don't need to hear about it.

terrible thread man. wouldn't fap to

See above.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 18:58:58

I don't really have a problem with people who may be passionate about something that I don't like or understand. It's all just entertainment, guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 19:32:01

Sonic fans are pretty bad.

Most animes

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 19:35:46

At 1/3/16 06:34 PM, StCyril wrote: Star Trek fans: If it's not cheesy 1960s-80s pseudo science, or has too much action, they hate it. They destroyed all hope for Enterprise, then whined about how awesome it was.

Let me guess:

You think that the intro music is hot stuff, right?

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 19:54:04

It's hard to take this whole Star Wars hype fans seriously, it's the Seahawks bandwagon all over again.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 19:55:28

I can't really say that any one fanbase as a whole are completely terrible per se, but I notice a lot of things that certain fanbases do have that set off my cynicism alarm which generally ranges from mild disdain to near total contempt. In no particular order, here are my fanbases that annoy me the most:

The indie game community, I've already mention my greviences with the community plenty of times, but it bears repeating that I can't stand the level of arrogance and lack of perspective that they seem to have towards gaming. It gets worse when they put games like Undertale on such high pedestals only to quickly forget about them once either more people play them or realize how shitty they really are.

Ohio State Buckeye fans (especially in football) are another fanbase I despise. Like with the indie game community, they are unbelievably arrogant and believe that the college football world must revolve around them, as long as their inferiority complex doesn't start kicking in. It's kind of ridiculous that these guys get as much pub and free passes that they do when they mostly don't deserve it. The ironic thing is that they were considered to be the chew toy for decades because they could never win the biggest games, and while that stigma hasn't gone away completely, the arrogance came once they did. (often with outside help)

Early on at least, I completely dismissed the brony fandom as nothing more than man-children acting like brats (remember that one guy who wouldn't accept a pizza delivery unless there was some MLP drawn on the box?) or hipsters simply stroking their e-penis about watching a girl's show for the lulz. Now that the "conversion to the herd" bs is now subsided, I've soften my stance on both bronies and the show itself more so, though I don't care for MLP at all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:07:19

My Top five worst fandoms:
1.supernatural
2.FNAF
3.dr who
4.sonic
5.sherlock

No disrespect to the shows, games, or the creators. Just the fans

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:08:29

At 1/3/16 07:35 PM, Bit wrote: Let me guess:

Um... what???

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:19:48

At 1/3/16 08:18 PM, zornuzkull wrote: This is a trick question all fandoms start to suck when they get popular enough.

This. The Jojo fandom wasn't too bad when it was just the manga, the arcade games, and the OVA. But once the anime came out, everybody and their grandmother thinks they're so clever for shouting ORAORAORA or striking a pose.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:35:36

Honestly, I don't like talking about the things I find to be the worst of anything.
With that being said, we can all agree that Halo has the worst fandom of all time.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:36:57

At 1/3/16 08:08 PM, StCyril wrote:

Um... what???

The intro music to Enterprise.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:40:00

At 1/3/16 08:36 PM, Bit wrote:
At 1/3/16 08:08 PM, StCyril wrote:

Um... what???
The intro music to Enterprise.

The Rod Stewart Ripoff? God no... talk about a total mood-killer!

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 20:48:16

Zelda: I dunno I've followed a few fan pages and most of them come off as smug assholes just because some of there games are voted the best of all time. BUT THAT DOESNT FUCKING MEAN OCARINA OF TIME IS THE ONLY BEST GAME EVER THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF AMAZING GAMES WE FUCKING GET IT

Hey come to think of it aside from me is there any reason to hate on the Mega Man fanbase or...

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 21:21:03

At 1/3/16 08:07 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote: My Top five worst fandoms:
1.supernatural

Agreed with Supernatural. The fans are extremely disgusting. So...much...incest fanfic/fanart...

I was briefly interested in Steven Universe due to the Joel Hodgson connection, but the fandom is so toxic I wanted nothing to do with the show. They're against bullying...so they bullied the artist who decided to draw Rose Quartz skinny to a suicide attempt.

At 1/3/16 06:45 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: football fans in general are shit

Amen.

At 1/3/16 08:07 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote: My Top five worst fandoms:
1.supernatural

This I also agree with, I know people who like it and they won't shut up about it.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 21:40:03

At 1/3/16 06:34 PM, StCyril wrote: In order:

Not a great list, actually. ._.

My version

5: Steven Universe
Have no idea, but you probably know why. Also SJWs almost driven a fanartist into committing suicide a couple months ago.

4: Otherkin
There's a solid difference between furries & otherkin: Furries are into anthropomorphic creatures and mostly dressed as them, and otherkins are people who thinks they're not entirely human and they're part [insert creature here].

3: Football (both kinds) & Hockey fans
Can someone explain to me why everyone's going apeshit about these?

2: Weeaboos
'nuff said.

1: H O M E S T U C K
Don't get me started about this. It crashed NG one time.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 21:42:06

1: s
2: o
3: n
4: i
5: c

In that order.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-03 21:46:17

At 1/3/16 09:42 PM, Starchild2 wrote:
At 1/3/16 09:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: 1: s
2: o
3: n
4: i
5: c

In that order.
not a real gamer obviously

I love the original Sonic games and have no shame about it. I was just playing Sonic 3 (the best one) yesterday. My experience with Sonic fans (the ones who have played all the modern ones) has still been pretty awful.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-04 02:19:47

Bleach Fans
Naruto Fans
Oakland Raider Fans
My Little Pony fans
Sonic Fans

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-04 02:41:09

Top 5 worst fandoms right here

1: Donald Trump fans
Want to declare you are a loud, obnoxious racist easily swayed by hype? Look no further. This is the club for you!

2: Facebook fans
Can't do anything without checking Facebook? Constantly on your phone updating Facebook? Constantly bugging everyone you know to get on Facebook? This is the club for you!

3: Microsoft fans
Think Windows 10 is the best operating system ever? Can't wait to buy more XBox One games? Is Call of Duty your favorite game series of all time? Microsoft can do no wrong? This is the club for you!

4: Sonic the Hedgehog fans
Gotta go fast? Do you identify with anthropomorphic hedgehogs and two-tailed flying foxes? Are Sonic's arm colors a big deal? This is the club for you!

5: Harry Potter fans
Can you recite all the Harry Potter spells by heart? Do you think quidditch should be a real sport? Do you consider yourself a nerd for the sole reason of having read the Harry Potter books? This is the club for you!

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-04 12:37:56

At 1/3/16 06:45 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: no one gives a fuck about nightwish
football fans in general are shit
you didn't even mention the most obvious... furries...sonic...mlp
terrible thread man. wouldn't fap to

yeah not even mentally

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-04 12:45:34

Why would you be a sonic fan? Have I missed some cool stuff that happens to him or something?

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-04 13:27:57

Besides Halo, I still think the anime fandoms are over the top and generally loved by morons with no purpose.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-12 01:52:50

1. MLP
2. Steven Universe
3. Dragonball Z
4. Star Wars (love the universe, hate the fans)

I can't think of a fifth one. The fanbases of those four for certain though, I really hate.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-12 02:37:13

My most hated fandom is Sonic, actually SEGA in general.
Sega had some of the best games back in the day now they release garbage.
There is ONE exception though.
Phantasy Star Online, thing is they won't release the fucking game in the west!
WHY?!
They said they'd do it years ago...
Nothing came of it.
I have played it cause I sneaked onto a server, the game is fucking amazing best mmo I've EVER played.
Unfortunately they blocked me out and i've given up hacking the game.
Fuck you SEGA.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-12 12:02:08

mlp
mlp
mlp
mlp
steven universe

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-12 12:46:35

At 1/4/16 11:55 AM, kanef wrote: nintendo :^)

Don't know if you're le epic trolling here or not but Nintendo loyalists are absolutely toxic.

It's bad enough that they'll lap up any sterile soulless rehash with the Nintendo logo on it, but the fact that they will go so far as to defend Nintendo's poor anti-consumerist practices is an absolute disgrace.

The R button on my 3DS broke a while ago. I looked around if there was a way to fix it without spending $50 on a repair and all I could find were threads where people jumped down the OP's throat for breaking a Nintendo product. Nothing more cringeworthy than someone who actually thinks Nintendium is a real thing.

Loyalists are inherently bad, but Nintendo loyalists are one of the most vocal.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 5 WORST Fandoms Ever! 2016-01-12 15:20:11

At 1/3/16 06:58 PM, FinaLee wrote: I don't really have a problem with people who may be passionate about something that I don't like or understand. It's all just entertainment, guys!

I feel somewhat the same way, but surely there's a specific fandom that you find more odd or dislike more than the others, right?

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature