00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016)

1,772 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Good morning! Today is Christmas, the day of festivity and joy that you probably feel like you’ve been living endlessly this past few weeks. It is a day of red, green, white, and gold, a day of reveling in the present and making some light form of remembrance to the past. Why, it seems like the celebration of Christmas has never diminished since the year it first began to be a whole, you know, thing. To me it feels like this specifically because the Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa, like Justin Beiber’s younger half-sister Jazmyn, has been alive for 7 years now.

This year’s Secret Santa has been successful in a lot of ways. Not only did you guys pour your hearts out into music for your fellow NG members, you also helped me establish a stronger system for running the event that has been sorely needed for, well, seven years. Little changes like switching to email for primary communication may seem trivial to you, but they mean everything to me as the organizer.

But enough about me! This Christmas is about YOU, and your presents, which are below:

- - -

Eagleon: from Gragon73

Sequenced: from Eagleon

frootza: from TheDukeofJuke

Lich: from frootza

TheDukeofJuke: from Lich

BlueOceans: from TheDukeofJuke

Sheeepie2: from BlueOceans

St0mpy: from Sheeepie2

jdagenet: from Oakwood

Jernemies: from jdagenet

Noisysundae: from wandschrank

Chris354: from Noisysundae

krssvr: from Chris354

whatusernamedood: from krssvr

Demonic-Overmind: from whatusernamedood

Yeelp: from Demonic-Overmind

poinl: from Yeelp

LunacyEcho: from poinl

Breed: from midimachine

MrSmash64: from Breed

wandschrank: from MrSmash64

OkamiChitarra: from wandschrank

Oakwood: from OkamiChitarra

Gragon73: from Oakwood

- - -

As usual, if I got anything wrong with the names, let me know. If you're having trouble with a link, please say so in the thread so we can get it worked out.

I am really, really excited to point out that nobody this year is missing out on a gift! That is because of our new humble tribe of Music Elves, members who have volunteered to take time out of their holidays and make extra last-minute songs for people whose Santas didn’t come through. Because of their hard work under extreme time constraints, every single person in the Secret Santa has a piece of music made especially for them. So please give TheDukeofJuke, Oakwood, wandschrank, and midimachine your thanks.

And that about wraps it up! To those of you who are just hearing about this for the first time, I highly recommend you join the Secret Santa next year.

Have a fantastic holiday and a happy 2016, everyone.

~ Stupor

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 12:26:53

At 12/25/15 11:13 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: Holy shit, @Lich!

I felt the vibes, man.

I really like the song you made! The pads are warm and relaxing, and I like how you used both orchestral and electronic instruments.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 14:19:04

ty @yeelp <3

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 14:23:45

@BlueOceans Loved the track, I'm impressed :D. The quality overwhelmed me. I hope I can be as good a composer as you one day. Thanks again, and keep up the good work :D

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 15:28:07

At 12/25/15 02:23 PM, Sheeepie2 wrote: @BlueOceans Loved the track, I'm impressed :D. The quality overwhelmed me. I hope I can be as good a composer as you one day. Thanks again, and keep up the good work :D

Thank you! For the high quality, I used a lot of compression, equalizing, reverb and delay, and I exported the song using the best quality options available (it takes a long time but its worth it).

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 15:44:44

Wow thank you very much @wandschrank !

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 17:12:38

Uh oh.... I hope nobody minds, but last night I happened to capture via audio what appears to be ... small alien-esque musicians playing a wonderful song. I'm unsure how they were able to do this, but the results are right here. Studio microphones pick up so much! I thought I heard them mentioning something about "honey?"

It peaked my insterest and I snuck under my bed and just let my microphone pick up where I left off. Or, no wait. Where they left off. ;)

Now where did I leave that track?

(Don't blink!)

frootza... ;)

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 17:32:53

Sorry about the double post. Listen closely.......

;)

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 17:33:48

At 12/25/15 10:31 AM, Stupor wrote: Gragon73: from Oakwood

@Oakwood

I love the chill feel on this at the start, and the wobble bass around the 1 minute mark made it feel, well, out there.
The change at 2:00 with that arp was just amazing.

Feel free to upload this on Newgrounds, if you like - I don't wish to keep this from everyone else in the world. It will honestly feel more special if you do.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 19:34:04

@Gragon73 Thanks, man! Merry christmas. I'm at a friends' place so I can't listen properly yet, no headphones, but the drums are still sounding awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 19:42:31

At 12/25/15 07:34 PM, Eagleon wrote:

ur track is good m8

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 20:48:37

Thanks a lot for rescuing me, @wandschrank . It actually turns out interesting! I wish you had more time to work on this one, though.

Happy holidays. Hope you all have a great one!

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 21:02:56

At 12/25/15 08:48 PM, Noisysundae wrote: Thanks a lot for rescuing me, @wandschrank . It actually turns out interesting! I wish you had more time to work on this one, though.

Happy holidays. Hope you all have a great one!

@Noisyundae it's the thought that counts. You did what you could, and that's what I really ask of people. Thought it an interesting take on Pianoforte music that I had not considered.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 21:23:23

At 12/25/15 05:33 PM, Gragon73 wrote: @Oakwood

I love the chill feel on this at the start, and the wobble bass around the 1 minute mark made it feel, well, out there.
The change at 2:00 with that arp was just amazing.

Feel free to upload this on Newgrounds, if you like - I don't wish to keep this from everyone else in the world. It will honestly feel more special if you do.

Thank you for the kind words :) I'll definately upload it to Newgrounds if that's okay with you!

@OkamiChitarra your gift is absolutely stunning. The saxophone sounded better than I could ever wish for! Immediate download, many thanks and merry Christmas! :D

It's funny how drum 'n bass seems to be a prominent genre this year...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 21:57:00

At 12/25/15 07:42 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/25/15 07:34 PM, Eagleon wrote:
ur track is good m8

Thanks. I wanted to source a female vocalist to sing about frozen clowns, and flipping hamburgers when life hands you lemons, but I ran out of CPU to work on the project with, so it's not quite as ironically cheerful as I'd like <3

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 22:13:14

At 12/25/15 09:23 PM, Oakwood wrote: Thank you for the kind words :) I'll definately upload it to Newgrounds if that's okay with you!

I should hope that you definitely upload it, and it is most certainly okay with me :D

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 22:17:30

At 12/25/15 09:57 PM, Eagleon wrote:
At 12/25/15 07:42 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Thanks. I wanted to source a female vocalist to sing about frozen clowns, and flipping hamburgers when life hands you lemons, but I ran out of CPU to work on the project with, so it's not quite as ironically cheerful as I'd like <3

Protip: render your tracks in wave to safe cpu space

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 22:24:37

At 12/25/15 10:17 PM, Sequenced wrote:

Not necessarily possible when you make them dependent on each other's peak controllers and things like a moron (like me) Also there were other things that came up, also sorry I'm not Deadmau5 ;V

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-25 22:47:35

At 12/25/15 10:24 PM, Eagleon wrote:
At 12/25/15 10:17 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Not necessarily possible when you make them dependent on each other's peak controllers and things like a moron (like me) Also there were other things that came up, also sorry I'm not Deadmau5 ;V

its ok you capture the style pretty goodly ^_^

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-26 05:36:27

@MrSmash64 Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wished for!! :) Great job!

@OkamiChitarra I'm glad you like it! Haven't played my guitars in ages.. ;D

At 12/25/15 08:48 PM, Noisysundae wrote: Thanks a lot for rescuing me, @wandschrank . It actually turns out interesting! I wish you had more time to work on this one, though.

You're most welcome. ;) I think a simple 4/4 time is still most suitable for DnB, but it was an interesting experiment.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-27 06:46:57

Thank You @whatusernamedood Loved it.

Learn the Rules like a pro, so you can Break them like an artist.

Sig by homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-28 04:26:33

@Demonic-Overmind you are too kind :$

@krssvr much awesome! this bass makes me moist. love the genre swap. thank you! thank you! thank you!

@Demonic-Overmind
Thanks so much! I finally got around to listening to it - I've been pretty busy lately! I'm really enjoying it - It's perfect! I'm definitely keeping this!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

EDIT: I completely forgot to say to @poinl that I'm glad you enjoyed it! Swing was kinda difficult to work out at first so I originally went with 7/4 jazz but that wasn't working out as fast as I needed it to so I switched to swing. That also required a few restarts to get right! I wouldn't mind uploading this to NG if that's cool with you but if it's not, then it's all yours!

All mah audio --> Right here.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2015-12-29 02:22:30

@Chris354 Thank you for this, it was very melodic i like how it seemed to evolve from beginning to end also bonus thanks for the organ as i love the way they sound.

@whatusernamedood haha glad you liked it, i tried to incorporate some 3/4 and Heavy sound but not too happy

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2016-01-04 17:04:48

At 12/28/15 01:49 PM, Yeelp wrote:
EDIT: I completely forgot to say to @poinl that I'm glad you enjoyed it! Swing was kinda difficult to work out at first so I originally went with 7/4 jazz but that wasn't working out as fast as I needed it to so I switched to swing. That also required a few restarts to get right! I wouldn't mind uploading this to NG if that's cool with you but if it's not, then it's all yours!

Ya no problem at all. Also i put a lot more choices up there than jazz/swing. Guess you just wanted to touch on those?

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS 2016) 2016-01-05 18:44:42

At 1/4/16 05:04 PM, poinl wrote:
At 12/28/15 01:49 PM, Yeelp wrote:
Ya no problem at all. Also i put a lot more choices up there than jazz/swing. Guess you just wanted to touch on those?

It was something I could experiment with - I did try nu-disco but that didn't work either so I went with something that was new and manageable.

All mah audio --> Right here.