00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kobe Bryant is retiring..

455 Views | 6 Replies

Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-29 22:13:43

Iv'e still never watched a NBA game in my life. Here.

BBS Signature

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 01:11:10

he will be missed he has done a lot in his career so great stuff from him as always.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 09:31:26

The good thing about him retiring is that the Lakers will now have a lot more money to invest in some hopefully good players.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 09:48:34

At 11/29/15 10:44 PM, Sekhem wrote: should have retired years ago

it's embarrassing to watch him play now

Unfortunately, he was still the best player on the team before he got hurt. It is just time. All athletes are faced with the reality that they just can't physically do it anymore. I remember when I hung up my football cleats after college days. It just takes a lot and I can certainly understand what a professional feels on a minor scale.

Granted, there are people like Brett Farve or Jerry Rice who just seem to be able to worth something well past the average age. Just comes a time to move on with other things in life. Plus I'm sure he would want to spend time with his children considering they should be getting close to high school or middle school by now.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 13:43:44

Good for him, it's going to happen eventually.

I certainly won't miss his fantards thinking he's better than Michael Jordan however.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 14:37:21

At 11/30/15 01:58 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 11/30/15 09:48 AM, kidray76 wrote:
At 11/29/15 10:44 PM, Sekhem wrote: should have retired years ago

it's embarrassing to watch him play now
Unfortunately, he was still the best player on the team before he got hurt. It is just time.
he's the highest paid player in the league shooting fucking airballs and going 1-14 and 4-20 every game

Yep

he's getting paid to lead his team into the first pick

Yep. Among other things.

also the retirement poem seemed like a ploy to explode ticket sales

And it will work. So why not?

hasn't been fun to watch for 5+ years now

Mostly true, considering either hurt or playing with a team that was either with people past their prime or new to the league.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Kobe Bryant is retiring.. 2015-11-30 17:17:26

If nothing else, basketball fans should appreciate what Kobe has done in the post-Jordan era from the 81 point game in '06, to winning 5 titles. In some circles, Lebron was considered to be the next MJ, but in terms of championships and in clutch moments, Kobe has been the closest to MJ and it seem like a lot of folks seem to forget that partly due to his alleged rape allegations and for chasing away Shaq.

Here's a question worth thinking about, had Kobe stayed with the Charlotte Hornets, (the team that drafted him in '96) would he be the same championship player he is now, much less the original franchise not leave for New Orleans? Would the the Sonics still be in Seattle and not relocate to OKC? We'll never know, but it is rather amusing to ponder about.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature