00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cycle Of Tyrfing OST

976 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cycle Of Tyrfing OST 2015-11-26 14:32:01

I am unfortunately not a man of few words. But Ill try to keep this short and concise anyways.

I am working on a game called Cycle of Tyrfing, which is an Action - Rogue Like Game.

Somewhere between Castlevania, Binding of Isaac, and Shadow Of The Beast.

So far the game is positively received on Steam Green light, and we estimate that the game will be in the top 100 in the next week (based on projections) With that said, I could be completely wrong. These projections are based off of forum posts which could be complete Heresay LOL

The game is about 7 months from being completed and Now to cut to the chase.

The game needs an official Soundtrack.

The soundtrack should be somewhat ambient, and the musician in question should be comfortable with doing 2 variations of each song. (One variation for exploration, and a 2ndary one for Combat)

A familiarity with Castlevania and Metroid will go along way here as well.

Here is some gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JGrnZxttw
Sorry the footage is a little old, the player sprite has been updated since posting this vid!

I should be able to budget a fairly respectable commission budget (1,500.00 Canadian) upon completion OR
We can work out a residual structure from the games sales, or a combination of them both.

Compensation is important, But I should stress that I need a musician who is competent, and reliable.
This is a small budget indie game, but I need a person who can give a respectable amount of effort into this.

I should also stress, I will not pay for an incomplete score.

So if anyone is interested, I do a bit of a try-out
I have 2 promising candidates so far, but I look not only at technical skill, but at efficiency, communication
and ability to take feedback.

I Like to think that im pretty easy to work with, but with that in mind, you might find working with me to be a nightmare so During the 'try-out' I will be in communication with you, you dont need to talk to me constantly, but be reliable enough to keep me posted during the 3-5 day period.

Whats expected in the try-out?
- I will ask you to write a 20-45 second composition. I will provide you with details on what is expected for the particular song, I will even send you examples of what I have in mind for inspiration. I will not take any ownership in your music however, and you can feel free to put a watermark into your song if that is a concern.

Why try-out? Cant You just view our portfolio?
No, I have hired musicians this way in the past, sometimes it works great. other times it doesnt.

The risk imposed on me is having the game finished behind schedule because I have to hire a new musician 3 weeks before the project is due to launch YIKES (yes this has happened to me before)

Ive brought folks onboard with seemingly phenomenal talent. But Due to whatever reasons could not produce the OST they promised.

Can you pay on a 'by the song basis?'
Even though it may seem reasonable to prorate the budget and pay per song (for example if you are expected to produce 10 songs, paying 150$ Canadian per song may make sense) But it is not so simple.

Hypothetically, I could bring you on board, you make 2 excellent songs and I pay you 300$ But then something happens that you cannot keep to your commitment. Now I have to take the time to find someone new, and now my audio budget has been slashed by 1/5 OUCH

Bottom Line

I am working on crowdfunding some capital, but if it doesnt work out, Ill be fronting the bill out of pocket.
Which I am prepared to do. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

PS, if you want to critique the game trailer, Great! But DO it on steams greenlight please. this is for serious potential musicians.

Cycle Of Tyrfing OST