00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why parents lie to thier kids about

1,076 Views | 21 Replies

them not being fat?

I was siting in a small restaurant today when there was dis thin mom and her mega chubby daughter (she had atleast three chins and duck lips, the ponytail didn't help either) They were geting up, because I could practicaly reach out and touch them I could also hear what they were saying when they were grabing thier things and about to leave.¨

Daughter asks mom.. " Mom do you think that I am fat?"

Mom " You are not fat, you are perfectly normal.."

I am siting there now checking them both out because of what I heard.
I am looking at the little fat girl and I am like... But she is fat... almost too fat, certainly does not look like the healthy kind of fat.

Seeing how her Ma was so thin I'd say that the poor kid was probably suffering from some nasty condition, because I do not believe that a thin mom would let her daughter get this fat.

Anyhow this encounter brought me back to my early days when I was 6 years old in a pre-school.
There was this fat girl and she was known for trying to bully other kids. When we were in the dressing room she said something and pushed me. I stood up and told her that she's fat. Biach started crying and she called the caretaker at me. Caretaker tells her that shes not fat and I am forbidden to play in the garden,

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Because she's scared to hurt her little pwetty feewings, Because parents are generaly never honest with their kids, because She probably had cellulose just like her when she was young.

Some things in life are better untouched......

........That Girl with STI is a perfect example.......

I know because my parents used to be like that, when I explicitly told them to stop giving me BS answers they made me realise a lot about myself.

Some things in life are better untouched......

........That Girl with STI is a perfect example.......

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 07:47:07

I'm sure parents have their reasons for lying to their kids, I'm sure none of them actually want to lie.

420 blaze it

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 07:51:22

Saying "yes, you little shit, you're fat" to a young child probably isn't good parenting

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 10:01:13

My initial thought when seeing the title of this thread was "Why do parents lie to their kids about why they're having sex"

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 10:08:57

At 11/24/15 10:01 AM, BloodPact wrote: My initial thought when seeing the title of this thread was "Why do parents lie to their kids about why they're having sex"

not today.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 14:13:17

The mom wants the daughter to stay overweight so she can look thin by comparison.

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 14:17:38

Why do parents lie to their kids about Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and all liars going straight to Hell?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 15:44:19

Because they don't want to hurt their feelings.

Fuck their feelings.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 17:14:31

Because they're big fat liars and phonies.

get it

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 18:24:56

Because they don't want to hurt their feelings or deal with a kid who can't handle the truth. Also if the daughter is asking the question then she wants someone to tell her she's not so she can continue being unhealthy for whatever reason. Granted it could be a health condition and the mother doesn't want to upset her. But if it's not she shouldnt lie to her, she should be encouraging her to be healthier

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 21:01:47

Actually most parents don't actually see their kids as fat when they are. I didn't see myself as fat when I was fat until I hit puberty and was no longer fat. The gradual changes and internal rejection of any negative qualities that could be associated with the ones they love will mask the problem. This probably creates the status quo making parents think that it's bad ettiquette to call your kid fat. Probably anyway - this is just my own theory from reading random things.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Depends how old the kid is. Also, something like her mother telling them their fat can most likely traumatize her, so she probably said that to make her feel better

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 21:53:47

At 11/24/15 07:51 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Saying "yes, you little shit, you're fat" to a young child probably isn't good parenting

Probably this, but also it's mostly the parents' responsibility for their kid's health. I think a lot of it has to do with the parents lying to themselves as well. You know, so they don't come off as negligent assholes that are taking their kids down a one way street to diabetes town.

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 22:00:30

At 11/24/15 07:51 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Saying "yes, you little shit, you're fat" to a young child probably isn't good parenting

Fuck that, we need parenting like that to return. Children are growing up to be self entitled dipshits.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 22:58:20

At 11/24/15 10:53 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 11/24/15 10:00 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Fuck that, we need parenting like that to return. Children are growing up to be self entitled dipshits.
being a good parent doesnt do anything to change the default. if they're going to grow up to be dipshits there's no stopping them.

No, there's a nurture component that creates how big of a dipshit kids grow up to be. If your kid is an asshole you can make him less of an asshole by raising your child.

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 23:47:04

because feelings are more important than logic.

if your kid is fat, address it the best way they can and just get them active and let them have fun with it. I got a weight set as a gift one time when I was 9 and I got a heavy bag for my birthday. I thought that was really cool.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-24 23:48:12

At 11/24/15 11:44 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 11/24/15 10:58 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
No, there's a nurture component that creates how big of a dipshit kids grow up to be. If your kid is an asshole you can make him less of an asshole by raising your child.

If your child is fat and they ask if they're fat, tell them like it is. Don't sugarcoat your children because their "feewings might be hurt." I'm not saying you need to be a jackass about it but don't downplay it. If they're fat tell them, it's up to them what they do with that info.

What is it with people and coddling children? You take away their ability to view the world from a realistic perspective and make decisions for themselves.

why parents lie to thier kids about

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-25 00:10:08

At 11/25/15 12:04 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 11/24/15 11:48 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
i'm not saying to coddle them, i'm saying there's zero middle ground between coddling them and being a jackass in any event that actually occurs at a measurable rate in real life.

Yeah there is, it's called being real with them. Just telling them "Yes, you are fat." and leaving it at that. If my grades sucked my parents told me they sucked, and I used that information to improve my grades. If I fucked up in some way my parents told me.

for instance, if you see a kid walking down the street and he's fat, you can either shout "hey fatass, go on a diet!" or you could hold your tongue and say nothing.

Why would anyone do that to a kid that's not theirs? It's none of their business.

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-25 00:47:28

At 11/25/15 12:41 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 11/25/15 12:10 AM, KillerSkull wrote:
Yeah there is, it's called being real with them. Just telling them "Yes, you are fat." and leaving it at that. If my grades sucked my parents told me they sucked, and I used that information to improve my grades. If I fucked up in some way my parents told me.
and were you interested in your grades? or were you more concerned about your civil liberties? the unalienable rights spoken of in the declaration of independence....

I'm sorry I had to cut off the rest of your quote, there's no way I'll be typing enough that NG would let me post otherwise. Anyway, my parents never threatened to take away my hobbies nor did I ever focus on what I was learning. I was raised (keyword raised, not born with) with the idea that academics was important, so if I was getting bad grades and my parents told me so I was like "Oh shit, this isn't good I need to buckle down a little." I'm sure if my grades got horrible there would have been some negative consequences that would have been a motivating factor, but hey, that's good! Because there's negative consequences for shit decisions in real life.

those people are not worth meddling with. let there be darwin awards...

Yeah, but why not stop stupidity early, because until dumbasses kill themselves off they mooch all the resources from others.

BBS Signature

Response to why parents lie to thier kids about 2015-11-25 08:58:14

At 11/24/15 02:17 PM, Painbringer wrote: Why do parents lie to their kids about all liars going straight to Hell?

You're lying right now you son of a bitch, you just want to go to hell and chill with Lucifer by yourself.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature