00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million

1,769 Views | 23 Replies

http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2174614/ahmed-mohamed-wants-15-million-written-apologies/

$15 million? How do lawyers and family members calculate these crazy monetary damages? What's wrong with $14,999,999? Or $1,843,920.50? Or $503.20? They didn't file a lawsuit yet, obviously, but it looks like they plan on turning their warnings into actions.

His initial arrest was wrongful, I'll grant that, but this is just milking all of the attention he has gotten all over social media, various celebrities and even from Obama. This is the kind of greed that makes me have such profound hatred for rich people. I shudder to think how he and his family will spend that money if they get it, whether it's forming a new terrorist group in Qatar or making a bunch of offshore investments hoping to become another major millionaire or billionaire.

I don't want this thread to provoke any Islamophobia or general xenophobia here, but I have some general questions that I believe deserve some answers: why do these kinds of scamming vermin breathe the same air that I do? What kind of lawyer is stupid or desperate enough to even consider taking on a case this retarded? Right now, I'm going to deliver a cold stare to a bunch of you. If you ever stood with Ahmed to begin with, sit the fuck back down.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 18:22:57

Give him a rolex clock or something for the trouble, and tell him to shut the fuck up.

Me for president, amirite?

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 18:26:22

At 11/23/15 06:17 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I shudder to think how he and his family will spend that money if they get it, whether it's forming a new terrorist group in Qatar or making a bunch of offshore investments

I don't want this thread to provoke any Islamophobia or general xenophobia

What the f*ck am I reading.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 18:27:56

Perhaps the Clock Crew will give him the $15 million.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 18:49:51

I hear two conflicting views on this guy:

1. He built a clock that just happens to look like a bomb.

2. He bought a fake bomb kit online, knowing full well what could happen to him and his teacher.

I just don't know what to believe.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 18:52:04

This is a fucking outrage, should be at least 20 million.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 21:52:19

How about a slap across his face instead?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 22:03:37

Lol I wish I was a piece of scheming shit

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 23:25:26

cool cock ahmed

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Oh no.
Gory is staring.
Wut do.

srs tho, I do think $15 mil is pretty damn excessive. I really feel greed is the father to all other sins...

At 11/23/15 06:22 PM, RockLou wrote: Give him a rolex clock or something for the trouble, and tell him to shut the fuck up.

Me for president, amirite?

Sure, you got my vote.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-23 23:58:47

At 11/23/15 06:49 PM, Painbringer wrote: I hear two conflicting views on this guy:

2. He bought a fake bomb kit online, knowing full well what could happen to him and his teacher.

I used to think it was 1. but the way his parents are milking this I'm almost certain it was a planned hoax by the parents which is working. Social media has turned everyone into such pussies that people can now use that to their advantage to fake a crime against them and get their 15 minutes of fame.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 02:50:37

At 11/23/15 11:56 PM, CiviLies wrote: I really feel greed is the father to all other sins...

Bingo.

At 11/23/15 10:03 PM, Scintillating wrote: Lol I wish I was a piece of scheming shit

Then you'd be rich. I bet you're wishing you went the scheming pile 'o shit route years ago back when you had the chance.

You can still go route #2 which is become primary sycophant to a scheming pile 'o shit. Sort of the Waylon Smithers to a Montgomery Burns. You missed your shot at being Burns though.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 05:19:53

He is just exercising Americas favorite past time. Sueing the shit out of people!

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 06:30:12

At 11/24/15 05:19 AM, Mismo wrote: He is just exercising Americas favorite past time. Sueing the shit out of people!

Yeah, if anything he is adapting to American culture

420 blaze it

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 07:47:35

At 11/23/15 11:56 PM, CiviLies wrote:
srs tho, I do think $15 mil is pretty damn excessive. I really feel greed is the father to all other sins...

Agreed. He may want some kind of pay due to the unnecessary publicity he received, but it's not worth 15 Million. Probably not even 15k imho.

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 08:01:24

At 11/23/15 06:17 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2174614/ahmed-mohamed-wants-15-million-written-apologies/
If you ever stood with Ahmed to begin with, sit the fuck back down.

Nope. Shut your mouth and listen.
15 million is excessive, I agree. But without taking the money into account, it does look like he has a legitimate case. Here's a wirey little kid who was given the spotlight for a while, which had pros and cons (he got to meet the president!), but ultimately ended up with him being tormented by many people all over the world and internet community. That kind of attention is difficult for a 15 year old. He may very well be psychologically damaged as the lawyer states, and if so then he has more than enough of a good reason to fight back with the school and the city who stereotyped the hell out of him.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 09:20:41

Ha, he ain't getting shit.

At 11/24/15 06:30 AM, Teddiinas wrote:
At 11/24/15 05:19 AM, Mismo wrote: He is just exercising Americas favorite past time. Sueing the shit out of people!
Yeah, if anything he is adapting to American culture

The system works!

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 12:15:21

Trump would never stand for this.
Neither would Hitler.

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." ~Arnaud Amalric

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 12:20:22

At 11/23/15 06:49 PM, Painbringer wrote: I hear two conflicting views on this guy:

I hadn't heard that second one. I did hear people say that his dad actually gave him the thing. Which is the truth?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 12:52:27

Blah this kid is silly its all his parents pushing this campaign, ohwell.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 12:58:15

I was on his side at first, but now I think this was their plan all along. A money and attention grab.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 17:17:02

But... But... Why? I understand, yeah it's discriminating, but seriously? I would be satisfied with just a public apology.

Am I still alive? At this point I don't believe myself.

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 17:35:13

Knowing this now, I'm going to do the thing that I never thought that I would honestly do here, agree with GoryBlizzard on something. This is simple exploitation over something that turned out to be nothing more than a misunderstanding, and the gibbering idiots of the peanut gallery cried racism or profiling or something like that.

It's things like this that makes me want to facepalm in disgust.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Ahmed/Clock Boy Wants $15 Million 2015-11-24 17:41:26

The original incident wasn't even that big of a deal. It's ironic that the very same mothers who were so worried about the safety of their precious children after Columbine and more recently Sandy Hook are the same ones who are crying "racism" when their alarmist safety precautions result in an accidental detainment. The kid was partially inconvenienced, and got a bunch of free shit and public support as a result. That's a pretty good deal already. He's definitely pushing his luck with this lawsuit, but knowing the backwards ethos of this country, he'll probably get a sizable settlement.

BBS Signature