00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How did you start out on Newgrounds

3,183 Views | 45 Replies

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-22 00:59:40

Was looking up this show online and found this site way back in 2001 lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-22 11:59:25

Just vote fairly on submissions, write helpful reviews and try not to build up too large of a cringe pile on the BBS and you'll be just fine. If you have any work that you think is worthy of showcasing on the net, submit it to the portal.

Thanks for the reply! I have uploaded two things so far on newgrounds but I dont know if anyone has had a look at it yet.

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-22 11:59:47

At 11/22/15 11:37 AM, Vinnyy wrote: I started out as a wandering ghost on this site. No one ever noticed my presence. It was like I never even existed. That still hasn't changed one bit.

I notice you xD

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-22 18:06:55

I've always just bummed around the forums. Just remember you're here forever.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-22 23:07:46

At 11/18/15 04:28 PM, thierryfox60 wrote: Hi, i've just started out with making an account on Newgrounds and posting content, and I'm wondering how other people started out on Newgrounds for a little inspiration for me (and anyone else who is new and stumbles upon this post).

Oh they were dark times when I started out here on NG (mauh NGer)
anyways my shory is short (u dick skull) and there isnt much to tell apart from the fact that i was hated by everyone and then they all loved me (you mother eats boogers) and then they loved me and then they forgot me. I started uploading art.....but was never scouted and good luck to you if you ever want to be (it may never happen) (god damn it) I did a little voice acting in one animation it was fun and I've made my contributions to this sight with the voice acting (though that doesnt mean much) It's hard to make it around here

However I am one of the few NG interviewers so I guess my point is you have to get around and things have to happen and you have to put in the effort and you cant suck ass

just find what you're good at and stick with it
welcome to newgrounds

(prepare for the dicks)

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 00:19:29

Just posting shit in the BBS and reviewing my favorite games and movies. That's about all I've done or ever will do here on NG, plus a few audio submissions.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 03:05:18

I made my account as a bright-eyed young college freshman studying animation, brimming with high expectations for my own future. I wanted to make a name for myself here; it felt like the wild west and I felt like a fast-fingered gunslinger.

I hung out in the NG Chat all the time when it existed, and it became a great retreat when I started to realize my life wasn't going to go as smoothly as I'd hoped. There I got to ignore all the screws loose in my brain, and I tried to make myself feel better vicariously through other users by being a sympathetic voice in the Chat.

The novelty of being incessantly positive has long since worn off though, and now I act just as jaded and sarcastic here as I do everywhere else in my world.

I've posted some art and music over the years, but none of my larger animation projects have seen the light of day. I have a habit of deciding, close to the end of whatever I'm working on, that it's shit and doesn't deserve to be finished and shared.

Now I can hardly get myself to make anything at all. My compassion and self-respect have eroded almost completely away since I chose my username here, and I can feel my soul trickling steadily out day by day. That probably would have happened with or without NG though.

TL;DR: I started out as an eager young nobody, and through much practice and hardship have grown to become a bitter old nobody. With the right mindset, you can too!

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 03:56:04

When I was twelve or thirteen I was addicted to the Hentai games and video game parody movies, but I didn't make an account until my sign up date. I mainly post on the BBS and watch videos.

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 10:43:49

At 11/22/15 02:26 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 11/22/15 11:59 AM, thierryfox60 wrote:
At 11/22/15 11:37 AM, Vinnyy wrote: I started out as a wandering ghost on this site. No one ever noticed my presence. It was like I never even existed. That still hasn't changed one bit.
I notice you xD
I've been noticed.

XD

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 10:44:45

However I am one of the few NG interviewers so I guess my point is you have to get around and things have to happen and you have to put in the effort and you cant suck ass

just find what you're good at and stick with it
welcome to newgrounds

(prepare for the dicks)

Thank you for the advice :D

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 10:49:02

TL;DR: I started out as an eager young nobody, and through much practice and hardship have grown to become a bitter old nobody. With the right mindset, you can too!

D: Your content is quite awesome actually.

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-23 10:58:45

searched "salad fingers" into google and newgrounds came up

cumfart

BBS Signature

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-24 17:34:13

Kinda found about this place where people post animations. Back then it amazed me, because I though that animations can only be made by large corporations.

Am I still alive? At this point I don't believe myself.

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-24 19:55:40

I needed a place to dump my shitty music, turns out the people here are not only cool but helpful..... 90% of the time that is.

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-25 14:05:22

I found this site by total accident. I was browsing through the inter webs and I came across Pico versus bear in the big blue house. Then I was hooked

Response to How did you start out on Newgrounds 2015-11-25 14:09:44

Everyone here is just an alt.