00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doing All the Art Stuff

5,766 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-02 04:08:01

40 min. study sketch before bed~

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-03 15:21:01

Did this quick paint since My Hero Academia's adaptation seems like it's not going to be too bad!

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-04 16:01:36

Been taking some sketch requests over on another forum, this being my favorite thus far~

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-04 16:03:33

I attended Artgerm's livestream and was able to pick up a couple of good tips while I did this sketch.

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-04 16:04:17

Space Patrol Luluco is AotS \o/

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-05 01:22:55 (edited 2016-04-05 01:23:20)

At 4/3/16 03:21 PM, LordZaix wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/lordzaix/a-hero-s-flaming-soul
Did this quick paint since My Hero Academia's adaptation seems like it's not going to be too bad!

Just finished watching the 1st Episode. Thanks.., (even tho i didn't get to enjoy it as much: coz my mind kept constantly comparing it to One Man Punch). Tired to read the manga but the anime seems like it has potential.

Quick note on this piece: the fingers look i don't know how to put it.., disjointed/ out of place.i also think you could have done more with the lighting and the fireball but then again it's a quick sketch.

Also maybe it's just me but overall the only thing that is bugging me in some your latest sketches are the hands, otherwise i like everything else

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-05 03:39:05

Hey guys I'm new here. I need some new friends ASAP XD . Comment on the drawing that I attached. And help me get scouted please!

Doing All the Art Stuff

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 01:09:05

At 4/5/16 01:22 AM, Akuaitance wrote:
At 4/3/16 03:21 PM, LordZaix wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/lordzaix/a-hero-s-flaming-soul
Just finished watching the 1st Episode. Thanks.., (even tho i didn't get to enjoy it as much: coz my mind kept constantly comparing it to One Man Punch). Tired to read the manga but the anime seems like it has potential.

Quick note on this piece: the fingers look i don't know how to put it.., disjointed/ out of place.i also think you could have done more with the lighting and the fireball but then again it's a quick sketch.

Also maybe it's just me but overall the only thing that is bugging me in some your latest sketches are the hands, otherwise i like everything else

Yeah, I think OPM is a fairly good comparison, they just live on different sides of the spectrum as far as story style goes; OPM opting for the "main character is overpowered but completely ignored" style while MHA is more "main gets gradually stronger after being a nobody". I'm a little biased, but I'd stick with MHA if you don't have anything else to watch, the story is pretty decent and the animation looks like its going to be top notch.

When it comes to intense posing or feel in pieces, I tend to try and exaggerate certain elements. I refed my own hand a bit because it was a difficult hand pose so it should be fairly correct as far as anatomy goes, but I could have pushed it too far in trying to exaggerate it a bit.

Even if it is just a sketch, I agree that I could have pushed values a bit farther since the fire is close to his body and should be more intense than it is. I try not to use "it's just a sketch" as a crutch.

Eh, I feel like I did a fairly decent job on the hands, they may be a little big in a couple but I don't think they're that off. It could just be preference as far as what hand anatomy should be.

Thank you for stopping by my page and giving feedback! I really appreciate it Akuaitance.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 01:15:01

At 4/5/16 03:39 AM, AyanCreations wrote: Hey guys I'm new here. I need some new friends ASAP XD . Comment on the drawing that I attached. And help me get scouted please!

Hey Ayan! I doubt you'll have trouble getting scouted, what you have so far is very nice, once you get four good pieces uploaded I'm sure someone will take care of that for you.

As far as your drawing goes, it's good, but I'd try to establish a more consistent or easily read light source. The top bun is very bright with slightly abrupt color shifts, and, depending on where your light source is coming from, the color should blend out and get a lot darker to help push that sense of depth and realism. To help give a better sense of a light source, I'd also make the drop shadows from the burger and the cup more apparent.

Keep it up man!

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 01:17:07

Alsoooo new sketch request by a friend over on a different forum!

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 10:59:18

At 4/3/16 03:21 PM, LordZaix wrote:

It's the little things that makes ones piece/sketch different from others that matter & this is how styles are developed. Now that you've mentioned preference is now that i understand. Like how some artist favor using certain colors to others.

Thanks..I've learned something new on how one focuses to look at differences in a piece to the point of comparison in some extent (maybe coz of habit tryin to help one grow) & not paying major attention to the preferences / style that may be trying to break out hence I just took another look on ur sketches & noticed a few similarities in them.

We learn something new in every piece/sketch we do & it matures quickly especially if one is consistent thus i look forward to see ur future sketches as you evolve.

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 12:00:49

Thanks a lot for replying! I really loved your suggestions but currently I'm low on budget and thus this was actually done with 24 shades of color pencils. I love to push myself and explore and tinker and I will! Thanks a lot again (please be my friend maybe?)

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 16:49:47

At 4/6/16 10:59 AM, Akuaitance wrote:
At 4/3/16 03:21 PM, LordZaix wrote:
It's the little things that makes ones piece/sketch different from others that matter & this is how styles are developed. Now that you've mentioned preference is now that i understand. Like how some artist favor using certain colors to others.

Thanks..I've learned something new on how one focuses to look at differences in a piece to the point of comparison in some extent (maybe coz of habit tryin to help one grow) & not paying major attention to the preferences / style that may be trying to break out hence I just took another look on ur sketches & noticed a few similarities in them.

We learn something new in every piece/sketch we do & it matures quickly especially if one is consistent thus i look forward to see ur future sketches as you evolve.

Yeah, it's hard to not bring ones preferences into play when critiquing others work. I don't think that's a bad thing though, everyone has different likes and opinions and it's cool to see how you can tweak what you do to match the likes of a certain demographic.

Thank you! Please don't hesitate to come back and share your opinions in the future, I'm planning on doing a lot of experimentation into different styles because I feel I've stuck myself in the "semi-realistic anime art" category and I want to kind of break out of that mold.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-06 16:51:43

At 4/6/16 12:00 PM, AyanCreations wrote: Thanks a lot for replying! I really loved your suggestions but currently I'm low on budget and thus this was actually done with 24 shades of color pencils. I love to push myself and explore and tinker and I will! Thanks a lot again (please be my friend maybe?)

Yeah, limitations with art supplies can be a pain sometimes, I feel you. Hopefully you can get some more colors in the future to broaden what you are able to do!

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-12 01:21:41

Piece recently commissioned by Tonash aka Ashton Howard as a new background for his Facebook and website, check him out if you need some voice work done!

http://tonashdrahow.wix.com/guardianvoiceover

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-18 19:17:46

Working on some drawings of my girlfriend and her friend's DnD characters, LEZ DO THIS!
3/9

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-04-18 19:20:11

Doing character portraits for a fighting game called Fatal Art, check it out and try the demo! https://www.facebook.com/FantasyVault/

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-05-05 01:00:59

Finals week is pretty much in full swing, leaving me next to no time to do sketches and the like. :( I did, however, take it upon myself to make a short animated segment for a group project, it was quite the challenge to get it done within a week with all of the other projects I have!

That said, feel free to check out the colored version here: https://youtu.be/qsXu1MojlAg

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-05-08 03:41:06

Did a monthly assignment from Izzy Medrano going from large to small in brush size and getting something made in an hour, This final version is one that I did after spending an extra hour on it since it's a mother's day gift, if you want to check out what it looked like before the extra hour go here: http://sta.sh/0omtz3biuix

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-05-26 18:19:02

Doing pixel art for a stickfigure fighting game called Fatal Art! Check it out at https://www.facebook.com/FantasyVault/ and try out the demo!

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-05 13:05:22

Half-day painting I did of Aigis from Persona 3 for my friends birthday!

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-07 01:33:33

When your DM decides that you don't get to have fun this session.

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-07 19:57:26

My girlfriend asked me to create drawings of her DnD groups characters as graduation gifts, so I've been slowly getting them done. Great practice for concept work!

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-08 18:23:22

Second sketch in the series of DnD sketches I'm doing

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-09 21:17:15

LIttle WIP shot of a project I'm doing for a friends long overdue birthday, things got anime reaaall quick.

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-13 01:19:59

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-15 21:12:34

Another DnD concept sketch! Only one more of these guys to go.

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-19 22:53:35 (edited 2016-06-19 22:54:03)

Been at a conference for Pulmonary Hypertension all weekend, and the actor Terrence J showed up as a keynote speaker! It was really awesome, and meant the world to people like me.

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-06-23 18:48:55

Another character portrait for the indie fighting game Fatal Art! Check it out at www.facebook.com/FantasyVault/

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Doing All the Art Stuff 2016-07-11 02:27:12

Little thing I drew up for my girlfriend as a thank you for putting up with me for the past two years~

Doing All the Art Stuff

BBS Signature