00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED

2,002 Views | 38 Replies

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-14 19:02:21

Let me guess. John Cena patented it?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-14 20:32:43

This guy is a fraud who was in prison for four years in the 1990s for lying about inventing a way to create oil from waste products. He later tried to defraud people using a waste heat thermoelectric generator scheme which was invalidated by lab tests. His e-cat system has been invalidated in every single independent test with actual scientific standards, which means they were tests in which he had not been able to interfere with the device.

He refuses to show people the magic powder he uses, he doesn't allow people to see the control systems or to know how the entire device is built.

He has a history of fraudulent energy companies.

His claim with this e-cat does not follow any known physics, is known to actually break fundamental laws of physics, and it does not provide its own theory to back up the mechanism of operation.

So, he has two strikes against him to start off, two instances of fraud.
Instead of being honest and open about the machine, he refuses to allow people to look at it thoroughly and scientifically.
He refuses to allow independent tests that are performed without him fiddling with the device.
He has been rejected by the USPTO for LENR claims and was only accepted when he changed his application to remove those claims and make a chuff application, just like all those millions of bogus patents which should never have been awarded in the first place.

At 11/14/15 06:35 PM, swaenK wrote: "Andrea Rossi claims to [bla bla bla]

Parts of your post were in quotes, parts were not, you had a shitton of typos and weird grammar errors. Were you just copypasting someone's response to something from another forum?

Bogus Patents not "that" many.

That isn't a list of every single bogus patent.

The USPTO has a ENORMOUS problem with bogus patents. Most patents issued by the USPTO should not have been awarded. They are underfunded, understaffed, and the system is stacked in such a way now that it rewards stolen work, rewards patent trolls, and keeps small players out of the game.

If you launch a moderately successful company which makes products, either software or engineered, you will be attacked by patent lawyers holding up very vague descriptions of inventions and asking for million dollar licensing fees in order to extort you into avoiding court fees and wasted time. That is unfortunately the atmosphere of modern business.

Just an 02er.

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-14 21:10:35

Dont they need helium 3 for it to run

penis

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-15 00:00:26

At 11/14/15 06:44 PM, swaenK wrote: liar. no one who is a physicist wastes their time on newgrounds, fact. it kills time, that's what it's for. For relieving stress. If you were a particle physicist, you would... be... doing homework!

paging @sobolev / @i-am-ghey

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-15 17:56:19

At 11/14/15 08:32 PM, Profanity wrote: This guy is a fraud who was in prison for four years in the 1990s for lying about inventing a way to create oil from waste products. He later tried to defraud people using a waste heat thermoelectric generator scheme which was invalidated by lab tests. His e-cat system has been invalidated in every single independent test with actual scientific standards, which means they were tests in which he had not been able to interfere with the device.

Well, true, that is the case, BUT, someone has invented that machine, a Japanese man. See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGabrorRS8

He refuses to show people the magic powder he uses, he doesn't allow people to see the control systems or to know how the entire device is built.

He has a history of fraudulent energy companies.

Time will only tell. Not that much time left to go really...

At 11/14/15 06:35 PM, swaenK wrote: "Andrea Rossi claims to [bla bla bla]
Parts of your post were in quotes, parts were not, you had a shitton of typos and weird grammar errors. Were you just copypasting someone's response to something from another forum?

yeah that's why it was in quotations.

Bogus Patents not "that" many.
That isn't a list of every single bogus patent.

The USPTO has a ENORMOUS problem with bogus patents. Most patents issued by the USPTO should not have been awarded. They are underfunded, understaffed, and the system is stacked in such a way now that it rewards stolen work, rewards patent trolls, and keeps small players out of the game.

Patents are big business, big business. They keep a close eye on them as they are what change the world. It's a billion dollar industry.

If you launch a moderately successful company which makes products, either software or engineered, you will be attacked by patent lawyers holding up very vague descriptions of inventions and asking for million dollar licensing fees in order to extort you into avoiding court fees and wasted time. That is unfortunately the atmosphere of modern business.

That's why patents exist. So that can be stopped.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-15 18:18:05

At 11/15/15 05:56 PM, swaenK wrote: Well, true, that is the case, BUT, someone has invented that machine, a Japanese man. See video:

Yes, of course someone invented it. It's an idea which has been floating around for a century, and many people have done this sort of thing with many different methods. That's why Rossi was able to lie about having invented one which was allegedly high yield, despite not having it and instead attempting to defraud his investors by dumping waste into the environment. That's why he should never be taken seriously about anything ever again, and that's why he spent time in prison.

That's why patents exist. So that can be stopped.

No, you don't understand. Patent trolls are not people who are actually inventing things. Patent trolls are people who abuse the patent system in able to make money from people who are actually innovating by either registering patents for vague descriptions of processes which are then used to sue companies into submission or inventions which are not actually novel nor deserving of a patent because they are too obvious. These patent trolls are holding patents which are nothing more than vague descriptions of processes which were accepted as patents simply because the USPTO didn't have any legal way to reject them. To illustrate this with some famous examples, there have been patents for things like a method of swinging in a swing set and a method to exercise a cat by holding a laser pointer.

Everyone hates patent trolls, but here’s the root problem with our broken system
Time to fix patents
Is the U.S. Patent system broken?
The U.S. Can't Fix a Broken Patent System Alone
Hey lawmakers, patents and innovation aren't the same – here's a reminder
EFF Outlines Plan to Fix the Broken Patent System
EFF: The patent system is broken.
Our System Is So Broken, Almost No Patented Discoveries Ever Get Used

Just an 02er.

At 11/15/15 06:18 PM, Profanity wrote: Yes, of course someone invented it. It's an idea which has been floating around for a century, and many people have done this sort of thing with many different methods. That's why Rossi was able to lie about having invented one which was allegedly high yield, despite not having it and instead attempting to defraud his investors by dumping waste into the environment. That's why he should never be taken seriously about anything ever again, and that's why he spent time in prison.

I'm willing to give this guy a second chance... he's Italian. They're known for being mobsters, and various crime, in general, SO MAYBE, he is not legit, but here's to hoping that he has turned a new leaf and has put all of his general intelligence to good use. If not he's vying for attention I guess, and attention he will get when he is shamed. Maybe he had traumatic experiences in life and this gives him joy/fetish. BUT AGAIN, let's hope it's legit.

No, you don't understand. Patent trolls are not people who are actually inventing things. Patent trolls are people who abuse the patent system in able to make money from people who are actually innovating by either registering patents for vague descriptions of processes which are then used to sue companies into submission or inventions which are not actually novel nor deserving of a patent because they are too obvious. These patent trolls are holding patents which are nothing more than vague descriptions of processes which were accepted as patents simply because the USPTO didn't have any legal way to reject them. To illustrate this with some famous examples, there have been patents for things like a method of swinging in a swing set and a method to exercise a cat by holding a laser pointer.

Everyone's a critic. No system is perfect. Patents typically are a good thing, and they're usually held to some high standard. In some instances yes they're prone to abuse. I don't see how there is any profit in these fraudulent activities, besides being a misnomer which would mean these people are merely doing it for the fucks/idiots/weirdos/attention whores.

If someone patents an invention that ... doesn't work, I don't see how it would benefit them in anyway. You patent something useless, and fool everyone into thinking you're awesome, that merely fucks you over. Patents that don't work are useless.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-15 18:41:03

At 11/15/15 06:29 PM, swaenK wrote: I'm willing to give this guy a second chance... he's Italian. They're known for being mobsters, and various crime, in general, SO MAYBE, he is not legit, but here's to hoping that he has turned a new leaf and has put all of his general intelligence to good use. If not he's vying for attention I guess, and attention he will get when he is shamed. Maybe he had traumatic experiences in life and this gives him joy/fetish. BUT AGAIN, let's hope it's legit.

Third chance, you mean. He had a second chance already, and had been proven to be a fraud twice. This whole ordeal with the e-Cat, a power system which claims to have broken the laws of physics, is his third attempt at making money from an energy scheme.

Everyone's a critic. No system is perfect. Patents typically are a good thing, and they're usually held to some high standard. In some instances yes they're prone to abuse. I don't see how there is any profit in these fraudulent activities, besides being a misnomer which would mean these people are merely doing it for the fucks/idiots/weirdos/attention whores.

If someone patents an invention that ... doesn't work, I don't see how it would benefit them in anyway. You patent something useless, and fool everyone into thinking you're awesome, that merely fucks you over. Patents that don't work are useless?

Did you read any of what I wrote? Do you understand any of what I am telling you? These people go out and they extort small companies who can't afford to go to court. It is a money-making scheme. It is a protection racket. There are multibillion dollar companies whose entire purpose is to buy up patents, never produce the machines described in them, and then go out to find new products which use similar processes and then threaten litigation if the other party does not settle out of court. How this doesn't make sense to you is kind of baffling to me.

This is a huge problem and the fact that you don't already know about it, frankly, baffles me as well.

I don't know how I can ever get you to accept that the patent system is broken, much less to understand any of the subsequent complexity of why companies are forces to hire enormous permanent legal teams and patent frivolous details about their products in order to protect themselves. You don't understand science, you obviously aren't very good at English because it's not your primary language, you aren't reading everything I write, and you are pretty focused on believing in a fairy tale about an Italian hoax free energy device.

Just an 02er.

Response to COLD FUSION HAS BEEN PATENTED 2015-11-15 18:52:42

At 11/15/15 06:41 PM, Profanity wrote: Third chance, you mean. He had a second chance already, and had been proven to be a fraud twice. This whole ordeal with the e-Cat, a power system which claims to have broken the laws of physics, is his third attempt at making money from an energy scheme.

but his websites so nice :( quit talkin like this muffin

Did you read any of what I wrote?

kinda not really, your second explanation makes more sense

Do you understand any of what I am telling you? These people go out and they extort small companies who can't afford to go to court. It is a money-making scheme. It is a protection racket. There are multibillion dollar companies whose entire purpose is to buy up patents, never produce the machines described in them, and then go out to find new products which use similar processes and then threaten litigation if the other party does not settle out of court. How this doesn't make sense to you is kind of baffling to me.

It would make way more sense to me to buy a patent then produce the item and make the money from the item being sold. WAAAY MORE MONEY in that.

This is a huge problem and the fact that you don't already know about it, frankly, baffles me as well.

I don't see how there's any money in it still. Extortion is a weak game. So much effort/work and little gains.

I don't know how I can ever get you to accept that the patent system is broken, much less to understand any of the subsequent complexity of why companies are forces to hire enormous permanent legal teams and patent frivolous details about their products in order to protect themselves. You don't understand science, you obviously aren't very good at English because it's not your primary language, you aren't reading everything I write, and you are pretty focused on believing in a fairy tale about an Italian hoax free energy device.

All of your "writing" has gone out the window when you are insinuating I am not good with English/attacking me.

You are a negative person, without the hopes.

hurp

BBS Signature