00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons"

715 Views | 17 Replies

Infamous Arizona Internet preacher Josh Feuerstein, known recently for starting the Starbucks Holiday cups hubbub, said that there are no such thing as "adult cartoons" and that if any adults watch cartoons, they need to stop smoking pot and get a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYJ-_vXKKrU (2:50)

He was disgusted by the Adult Swim program Black Jesus, and said that it was a cartoon multiple times, although it's not a cartoon, and is in fact live-action. He also assumed initially that it was for kids, because it was on Cartoon Network, although many corrected him saying it was on Adult Swim, the late-night Cartoon Network block that targets young adults. However, he said there are no such thing as "adult cartoons." He said adults should watch the news or The Blacklist, or "something adults would watch" and not cartoons.

He also said that the fact that Jesus portrayed as a gang-banging weed-smoking binge drinker was disgusting and a mockery to Christianity, and encouraged boycotting the show.

What do you think of Josh's statements? Do you think there are no such thing as "adult cartoons" and that adults shouldn't watch any animated programs? Do you think that the mockery of Jesus in "Black Jesus" is even offensive, whether you're Christian or not?

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 17:38:20

The man is a dope, and I'll take it that he hasn't seen cartoons like Archer and going old school here, Fritz the Cat, never mind Japanese cartoons like M.D Geist, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and so on. Aside from that, I'll take it that he knows nothing of satire and considering it comes from Aaron McGruder, it's kind of hard to miss that aspect.

Maybe it's just best that we ignore idiots like him, when you give people like him attention, nothing good happens.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 17:59:43

That's dumb.

Everyone knows that Jesus was actually a Middle Eastern Muslim.

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 20:58:17

At 11/12/15 03:17 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: What do you think of Josh's statements?

I think this guy is a fucking idiot and should promptly dislodge his head from his own ass, because it seems to be way up there.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

At 11/12/15 05:38 PM, orangebomb wrote: The man is a dope, and I'll take it that he hasn't seen cartoons like Archer and going old school here, Fritz the Cat, never mind Japanese cartoons like M.D Geist, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and so on. Aside from that, I'll take it that he knows nothing of satire and considering it comes from Aaron McGruder, it's kind of hard to miss that aspect.

Maybe it's just best that we ignore idiots like him, when you give people like him attention, nothing good happens.

However, you have to admit, not THAT many middle aged adults watch cartoons, whether they're for adults or kids. How many middle aged adults do you know (like 35 y/o+) watch Adult Swim or South Park or Family Guy? Sure, there's some, but I don't think it's the majority.

Of course I think cartoons are usually good, or at least some cartoons, and can be appreciated by any age. I asked some of my friends about if their parents watch any cartoons, whether it's an adult cartoon or not, and most of them said they have never seen their parents watch anything animated or have any interest towards cartoons. They just dismiss it all for "kids." If any of them do watch cartoons now, it's probably an episode of The Flintstones or some kind of Loony Tunes show every once in a while to revisit their childhood, and maybe South Park or something, but that's really it.

My dad would watch South Park, King of the Hill, and Beavis and Butthead sometimes, and he enjoys some of the Pixar movies and the Charlie Brown specials, but anything else he would be annoyed by or just bored.

Not saying I agree with the sentiment at all of what Josh says, but most people of his age don't really watch any cartoons, unless it's with their kids. Which is their opinion and all, whatever..

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 21:30:52

Josh Feuerstein is on the same level as the Westboro Baptist Church. As a religious person I have to say he doesn't represent Christianity as it is intended.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 22:37:51

Adult Cartoons are pretty degenerate tbqh fam, smh if you actually watch them.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-12 22:54:39

At 11/12/15 09:01 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: However, you have to admit, not THAT many middle aged adults watch cartoons, whether they're for adults or kids. How many middle aged adults do you know (like 35 y/o+) watch Adult Swim or South Park or Family Guy? Sure, there's some, but I don't think it's the majority.

Very true, but he seems to also forget that there is a good number of adults {particularly the 18-34 demographic} who watch cartoons, and aside from the ones made for young kids {i.e age 10 and under} most cartoons nowadays are made for an adult audience, or at least have them in mind. {Adventure Time for example} If nothing else, Feuerstein does come off as rather ignorant for him not to notice that, Adult Swim/Toonami should've been an easy tip off.

Not saying I agree with the sentiment at all of what Josh says, but most people of his age don't really watch any cartoons, unless it's with their kids. Which is their opinion and all, whatever..

It's not so much that he said that as much as it is the sentiment itself. As I just said, he comes off as pretty ignorant for his beliefs, and considering that he's supposed to resonating with Gen Y {or so he thinks}, I have to take that with a hefty dose of salt. While he's not on the level of a Fred Phelps or WBC, Feuerstein does come off as a troll and someone who is out of touch with the people who he's supposed to be talking to, which makes him look like a jackass on a good day.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 01:09:08

I only saw a clip of that Starbucks rant. Seems like an attention whore troll. I dunno how people like that could get that much attention just for running their mouth on the internet instead of blending in with the rest. What's special or interesting about this douche that I should care any more about the shitty opinions he holds or pretends to hold than all the other delusional jackoffs who think their thoughts should be recorded and uploaded?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 01:20:37

At 11/13/15 01:19 AM, Loki wrote:
At 11/12/15 05:59 PM, Bit wrote: That's dumb.

Jew*

Whoa, buddy. I'm not trying to call Jesus names I just want to set the facts straight.

At 11/13/15 01:09 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I only saw a clip of that Starbucks rant. Seems like an attention whore troll. I dunno how people like that could get that much attention just for running their mouth on the internet instead of blending in with the rest. What's special or interesting about this douche that I should care any more about the shitty opinions he holds or pretends to hold than all the other delusional jackoffs who think their thoughts should be recorded and uploaded?

He also started a fundraiser on gofundme or some shit to get a RED One camera. The funding succeeded and he still shoots all his vids on a vertical iphone. IE the took the money, deleted the page, and ran ggggg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUnf4NBDB8

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 13:53:54

Oh boy, a Jack Thompson of animated shows.

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 14:48:17

You mean Josh Fraudstein?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 14:53:14

Let's start off by saying that Feuerstein is one of the worst things that has ever happened to humanity. He's about as nutty as they come.

What he doesn't know is that cartoons started off geared towards adult. They weren't considered a children's thing until roughly the 1950's, over 40 years after cartoons started being produced (60 if you count Charles-Émile Reynaud's Praxinoscope).

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 14:57:28

Why would anyone ever wanna listen to Fraudstein anyway?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 17:02:34

At 11/12/15 05:59 PM, Bit wrote: That's dumb.

Odd. How is that possible given that Islam didn't exist until nearly 600 years after his time. Of course, rumors have it that Jesus carved his name into a mansion wall in 51 BC (before he was born, and probably before the mansion was built).

As for Feuerstein, he is strange. And he comes from a state where 4 out of 5 representatives in Congress come from the Freedom Caucus (those ultra-conservative pests). Yup, the words of another far-far-far-right nutjob.

At 11/13/15 02:57 PM, ragnkinson wrote: Why would anyone ever wanna listen to Fraudstein anyway?

Unintentional comedy.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 18:36:25

he has to be the most heavy-handed troll i've ever seen

there is no way that anyone can get this far in life and genuinely mean any of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth every time someone points a camera at him

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Feuerstein Says No "Adult Cartoons" 2015-11-13 18:56:21

At 11/13/15 06:36 PM, Natick wrote: he has to be the most heavy-handed troll i've ever seen

there is no way that anyone can get this far in life and genuinely mean any of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth every time someone points a camera at him

I'm afraid he might be serious

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature