00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with not procrastinating

387 Views | 9 Replies

Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-10 23:46:46

I need help not procrastinating. Like, seriously. I have an essay due tomorrow, first period, and I have barely started on it. I have been procrastinating on it for so long. I have a really bad problem with procrastinating and was wondering if any of you had any advice on not doing it. Right now all Im doing is trying to think while listening to the song "mad world".

All around me are familiar faces...

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-10 23:51:11

"I have a great idea. I'll fix my procrastination problem by waiting for an answer from Internet people of how to fix my procrastination problem."

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-10 23:52:41

you lack motivation: get off your ass and do it
there's your motivation

BBS Signature

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 00:53:55

Oh man. I'm procrastinating right now.
You should try finding what makes you procrastinate and then burn it. Metaphorically or literally, it's up to you.

I'm going to have to burn my router at some point to make me stop procrastinating. Literally.

At 11/11/15 01:01 AM, Cordyceps wrote: I'm sure a mod here will glady ban you to deter you from posting on the BBS when you have more important things at hand

If only you were a mod. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

IF ANY MODS ARE READING THIS, PLEASE BAN ME FOR AT LEAST 2 OR 3 DAYS! I AM FAILING HARDER THAN @bit IS FAPPING!!

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 03:58:44

At 11/11/15 03:47 AM, Lich wrote: There's very little you can do other than taking a strong caffeinated drink and do the essay. Music is literally one of the only things I can think of which somewhat helps.

I hated doing coursework/homework back at school big time aswell, I'd procrastinate on it. Thankfully I finished it all up and moved to an industry where work stays at work in work hours. Feels great!

All I have that is caffeinated is a four pack of Shasta that I got at the dollar tree. But so far it's working! I'm almost done!

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 04:29:16

Sure I'll help you, first thing in the morning.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 04:35:08

Aaaannnnddd DONE!

I am done with the essay, and I no longer wish to be blocked!

Oh yeah, also, @cordyceps for mod 2015!

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 04:45:47

I used to procrastinate with studies all the time, but I moved on! I changed! Now I procrastinate at work instead.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Help with not procrastinating 2015-11-11 09:56:46

Do you workout?
Sometimes on a 5×5 when you're on that last set you just lay there like "maaan, I do not want to do this," but you suck it up and push out those last 5 reps.
After a while you get used to attacking the weights; getting in there and just fuckin' doin' it.
With studies, you have to treat your brain like a muscle. What a lot of people don't get though, is that the brain and your skeletal muscles just tire out differently. You physically fatigue and sweat and feel swollen when your muscles get tired, but with your brain you get bored with a math problem, or you start thinking about other things you could be doing. That's how you know you're working your brain.
Attack the books, dude, get it.