00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ...

1,201 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-08 23:00:17

What are you going to make your character into?
And how do you plan on playing the storyline?

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-09 06:19:12

I won't be playing Fallout 4 anytime soon mostly because my PC hardware isn't very good and I rarely buy games upon release. I will probably wait around a while until I get a chance to play it.

420 blaze it

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-09 12:01:21

Don't if I should get Fallout 4 or The witcher 3.

The kid next door pre-ordered it for his Xbox, so I'll tag along and see if there's a PC version I can... just buy after midnight. Last time I showed up for a midnight release was for GTA: San Andreas, didn't have a pre-order then either.

Hope it goes well, just getting over an ear infection, don't wanna be in the cold long :p

fun fact - I don't have a home or internet connection to even play Fallout 4 yet :O
soon!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-09 22:34:15

I think this time, I'll actually wait for the inevitable cheaper version with all the expansions included. The last 4 games, I bought them right away. But Bethesda does the best DLC and I never did get to play the ones for Skyrim or Olbivion.

Those dialogue options, though... The rest of the game seems nice, but I'm concerned about that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-09 23:13:16

At 11/9/15 12:01 PM, wolfe wrote: Don't if I should get Fallout 4 or The witcher 3.

Fallout 4.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 02:52:43

At 11/9/15 11:13 PM, Avery wrote:
At 11/9/15 12:01 PM, wolfe wrote: Don't if I should get Fallout 4 or The witcher 3.
Fallout 4.

I am edging that way.

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 11:14:44

So this was released today.

The Metacritic score (89) seems pretty good. The user reviews don't seem very positive about it though. People mainly complain about bugs, shallow characters and story, simplified character building, and subpar graphics (apart from the environments).

I know Skyrim often gets similar criticism, but I don't remember it being so poorly received when it was released.

Anyone here tried F4 out yet?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 11:32:28

At 11/10/15 11:14 AM, Auz wrote: I know Skyrim often gets similar criticism, but I don't remember it being so poorly received when it was released.

My point of view is probably tainted by the fact that I jumped onto Elder Scrolls and Fallout late in the series. Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls game and Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game. But I don't have the same issues with Skyrim as a lot of people seem to have had. I never really thought of it as being dumbed down until people started saying that, but even then I feel like it's mostly dumbed down in a good way, for me at least.

I've gone back to play the older games in both series. Love Morrowind, not as big on the earlier games. Quite enjoy the original Fallout but I've never had the patience to finish it.

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to really enjoy Fallout 4, but I'm not going into this looking for the best story and characters ever. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were so fun to play/explore and that's what I want more of.

Installing it as I type this. I went for a physical PC copy, only because it was somehow cheaper than ordering from Steam. Only downside is I couldn't pre-load it. Can't wait to get started!

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 11:40:04

At 11/10/15 11:14 AM, Auz wrote: So this was released today.

The Metacritic score (89) seems pretty good. The user reviews don't seem very positive about it though. People mainly complain about bugs, shallow characters and story, simplified character building, and subpar graphics (apart from the environments).

I know Skyrim often gets similar criticism, but I don't remember it being so poorly received when it was released.

This makes sense to me. Fallout 4 is the first Bethesda game, people want it to be really good, not just because it's the new Bethesda game, they want it to be good on Next Gen, so graphics are doubly important for this game, and as much as the game doesn't look bad, it is a bit subpar by todays standards/

Skyrim wasn't great graphically, but it was amazing compared to most PS3/360 games (with only the likes of Hitman, Lara Croft and GTA V really outshining it), so a huge part of the audience thought the graphics were good enough at that point, there was also the bonus that Skyrim was built on a "New" engine (even though it's an overhauled version of the same engine from F3/Oblivion), so it had much nicer animations, no more of that forward running animation when you're zig zaging in third person. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are ugly, they have not aged well, maybe Fallout is okay, but Oblivion looks straight up bad at this point.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 13:06:29

At 11/10/15 11:32 AM, Dean wrote:
At 11/10/15 11:14 AM, Auz wrote: I know Skyrim often gets similar criticism, but I don't remember it being so poorly received when it was released.
My point of view is probably tainted by the fact that I jumped onto Elder Scrolls and Fallout late in the series. Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls game and Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game. But I don't have the same issues with Skyrim as a lot of people seem to have had. I never really thought of it as being dumbed down until people started saying that, but even then I feel like it's mostly dumbed down in a good way, for me at least.

I've gone back to play the older games in both series. Love Morrowind, not as big on the earlier games. Quite enjoy the original Fallout but I've never had the patience to finish it.

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to really enjoy Fallout 4, but I'm not going into this looking for the best story and characters ever. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were so fun to play/explore and that's what I want more of.

Same with me. I also dived into these series at Oblivion and Fallout 3 though Skyrim was already released.

I didn't think Skyrim was too dumbed down either, although I can see it's a lot more accessible (so to speak) than Morrowind. Quest markers, fewer character building options, levelled enemies, less 'dice rolling', etc. definitely made Skyrim seem a bit simplified. Even in Oblivion you needed careful character building, but in Skyrim you couldn't possibly screw this up.

Installing it as I type this. I went for a physical PC copy, only because it was somehow cheaper than ordering from Steam. Only downside is I couldn't pre-load it. Can't wait to get started!

My current laptop can't run the game anyway, so I think I'll wait for the complete edition or something.

At 11/10/15 11:40 AM, iMini wrote:
At 11/10/15 11:14 AM, Auz wrote: So this was released today.

This makes sense to me. Fallout 4 is the first Bethesda game, people want it to be really good, not just because it's the new Bethesda game, they want it to be good on Next Gen, so graphics are doubly important for this game, and as much as the game doesn't look bad, it is a bit subpar by todays standards/

Skyrim wasn't great graphically, but it was amazing compared to most PS3/360 games (with only the likes of Hitman, Lara Croft and GTA V really outshining it), so a huge part of the audience thought the graphics were good enough at that point, there was also the bonus that Skyrim was built on a "New" engine (even though it's an overhauled version of the same engine from F3/Oblivion), so it had much nicer animations, no more of that forward running animation when you're zig zaging in third person. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are ugly, they have not aged well, maybe Fallout is okay, but Oblivion looks straight up bad at this point.

The graphics in Skyrim were indeed good and are still excellent to me.

I meant to refer to "dumbed down" gameplay, bugs, uninteresting characters and story, etc. Lack of real consequences for your actions was also something I heard a lot, but they appear to have done this better in Fallout 4 (looking at the reviews).

Anyway, not saying I agree with them, but I did often hear these complaints. Especially a few years after Skyrim's release when the hype died down.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 13:10:16

Is any of the soundtrack on youtube yet?

At 11/10/15 01:10 PM, argile wrote: Is any of the soundtrack on youtube yet?

Well the tracks from it's in game radio are available I'm looking more for All of the original music composed in the game.
i see it's composed by Inon Zur

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 19:59:24

At 11/10/15 03:35 PM, argile wrote:
At 11/10/15 01:10 PM, argile wrote: Is any of the soundtrack on youtube yet?
Well the tracks from it's in game radio are available I'm looking more for All of the original music composed in the game.
i see it's composed by Inon Zur

It sounds great ! This and Witcher 3 are definately going to end up on the wishlist.

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 20:12:35

Do you \find FO3 or NV more enjoyable?

filler text

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-10 21:55:21

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-11 01:00:29

At 11/10/15 09:55 PM, Avery wrote: Suck it!

Lol why? I got my (vastly superior) PC copy at 5 minutes past midnight. Didn't pre-order, but did spunk up some cash for whatever crap DLC they produce in the future... if there is one O_O

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

It's bad.. it is so bad.. I can't stop laughing. It breaks established lore, writing, pacing and roleplaying are all TERRIBLE and it has the technical prowess of an unstable Bioshock 1.

I know nobody cares though. Everyone just wants more shallow 500 hour Skyrims. Right?

BBS Signature

Poured in about 40 hours in this game. Its good. Best Fallout game to date. Glitches and frame drops are there but from I am getting from a lot of people is that all of it is different experiences, which I can understand because its a open world and every playthrough behaves differently. The only problems I came across was the pipboy screen takes 4 secs to pop up for some reason but can easily be eliminated if you reload your save. As far with frame rate on my Xbox One the game drops a few frames after loading screens but surely can be fixed in the next patch.

The game is good and I put my doubts of it running good on day one. It plays good for a day one Bethesda game at least in my perspective. As for the others everyone is getting different forms of glitches which I believe is a problem but this has been every Bethesda game on day one games and will be forgettable by next month. The story is good with unique twists, and fun lore that gives you a reason to dig deep first in story but we all know we love screwing around but this story kinda does something better than what Fallout 3 story did.

The gameplay is out of this world. The gunplay, perks, and skills are amazing and take great lessons from Skyrim which we all seen coming. The graphics is good FOR A FALLOUT GAME. Fallout 3 and NV vanilla graphics had to be crippled for a lot of reasons and we can say the same thing about Fallout 4. But scenery and amazing weather effects makes the greatest looking Fallout game we had in a while. To any Fallout fan this is huge upgrade for those who play on vanilla graphics.

Whats great is that Bethesda is not done adding more amazing ideas with this game and I can't wait what kind of things they will create within this world.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

You're a lot farther than me, so when I reach the max level can a still get perks afterwards. I fear If I reach that level I can't perk up anymore. Because I do one at a time and sometimes bounce around.
My thoughts on it is that it's amazing, but a pain in the ass.
I don't play RPG'S much.
@SneakyGameboy

BBS Signature

At 11/11/15 09:37 PM, Avery wrote: You're a lot farther than me, so when I reach the max level can a still get perks afterwards. I fear If I reach that level I can't perk up anymore. Because I do one at a time and sometimes bounce around.
My thoughts on it is that it's amazing, but a pain in the ass.
I don't play RPG'S much.
@SneakyGameboy

No need to worry... There is no level cap. None. Just keep on leveling until you get the stuff you want. This means quadruple the replay value and endless playthroughs.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-21 10:12:50

I genuinely think the graphics are outstanding. I'm constantly stopping to take screenshots, which is something I never bothered with in over 200 hours of Metal Gear Solid V and however many hours of The Witcher 3. This is the first game I've played that looks and feels thoroughly next gen.

THAT SAID I've purposely stayed well away from any trailers and press of any kind since watching part of the first E3 video, if this was anything like Skyrim and Oblivion then Todd Howard and the development team would have made a staggering amount of utterly bullshit promises, so I can understand people being upset with it. I hated Skyrim probably based on hype but so far I've only been nicely surprised with F4, going in with no expectations.

At 11/10/15 11:40 AM, iMini wrote: Fallout 3 and Oblivion are ugly, they have not aged well, maybe Fallout is okay, but Oblivion looks straight up bad at this point.

F3 is ugly, but then is sort of always was. Oblivion still looks nice to me but those grass textures are pulled right out of the nearest N64 game.

Response to Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ... 2015-11-21 17:00:04

So what faction should I align with? The Institute, BoS, the Railroad or the Minutemen.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

At 11/21/15 10:12 AM, Jackho wrote: Oblivion still looks nice to me

Lol

Only 2 days until Fallout 4 ...

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature