00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-Grunge Bands?

364 Views | 0 Replies

I've been on a post-grunge binge but I'm finding a lot of really shitty bands (Wikipedia actually lists Avril Lavigne as post-grunge for shit's sake.) Can someone recommend me stuff? I don't really care what the frontman is whining about, just so long as the whining doesn't ruin the music. (Whininess will be referred to as nu-metal melodrama, or NMM.) Some examples for reference:

Tool - Excellent band, it's a shame they haven't released much music.
Thornley - A little more rock compared to Tool's prog style but another great band. Only one album though.
Cold - Pretty gritty, with an ignorable amount of NMM.
Nirvana - Though they aren't really post-grunge and are a lot more melancholy than the others mentioned, the music is still damn good.
Crossfade - This is where the NMM factor starts picking up quite a bit. The style is there but it's kind of watered down.
Three Days Grace - Please don't let me sink this low.

I've found a couple songs from Smashing Pumpkins, Future Leaders of the World and Stone Temple Pilots that are grungy but these seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)