00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Helper's High

423 Views | 5 Replies

Helper's High 2015-11-03 02:19:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oliis4LudkY 0:51

do you believe in a "helper's high?" This Howcast video says a way to get high naturally is to volunteer or do good deeds, in order to get a "helper's high."

Also, when a mother sees her baby smile, it activates a region in the brain that causes euphoric feelings, much like a drug.

Response to Helper's High 2015-11-03 10:44:27

I guess this means altruism isn't real.

Response to Helper's High 2015-11-03 15:23:22

At 11/3/15 02:19 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: Also, when a mother sees her baby smile, it activates a region in the brain that causes euphoric feelings, much like a drug.

I don't really believe in working yourself sick and expecting "thank you" as being a good enough of a reward.

If you can't help yourself, you can't help other people.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Helper's High 2015-11-03 16:35:14

I think the "helper's high" is just an offshoot of feeling a sense of accomplishment of having done something, I'm not sure that something needs to be good deeds for others. For example, I build a shed, the shed benefits me and only me, I feel really good after all the work is done because I accomplished something, no helping others needed.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Helper's High 2015-11-03 19:03:58

A gram of heroin will provide a quicker and more intense euphoria than a year's worth of good deeds. Stop wasting time and start coppin'!

Response to Helper's High 2015-11-03 19:33:17

I get a little bit of a buzz when I block users who disagree with me

BBS Signature