00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Electronic Drums for Metal?

1,326 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Electronic Drums for Metal? 2015-10-28 08:23:58

Does anybody have any recommendations? Any uhh the opposite of recommendations too?

Arma virumque cano

Response to Electronic Drums for Metal? 2015-10-28 10:43:41

The MT Power Kit is pretty good for a free VST, worth checking out. Toontrack also offers EZDrummer 2 which works great, not as detailed but a bit more affordable than Superior.

BBS Signature

I use Studio Drummer by Native Instruments. It's not used very much because it's a bit fiddly but it's really powerful and comes with some great tools. It has 3 kits that are super adaptable - I've used it in jazz, electronic, pop, rock and metal.

/rant: The biggest issue with electronic drums is that they're super easy to spot because nobody mixes them properly. If you do get Superior Drummer (like everyone and their mum), make sure you actually mix it and don't just think you can throw it in and it will sound great. /rant over

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

I use Drumlab, which focuses on blending acoustic and electronic drums.
The workflow is simple, but not simplistic.
You can create a kit within minutes or spend hours tweaking everything, send every drum to differents channel, customize and refine everything in a daw.
Unfortunately, you cannot load your own samples, but i haven't felt limited in any way with this library.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic Drums for Metal? 2016-10-17 03:58:49

At 10/28/15 08:23 AM, 1bnKalbatin wrote: Does anybody have any recommendations? Any uhh the opposite of recommendations too?

I just finished recording and mastering a solo metal album using Superior Drummer and the Metal Foundry kit pack.
Loud and punchy, if used with the correct types of compressors and EQs.

Else you could try the new Get Good Drums pack that the Periphery guys have just launched!

Response to Electronic Drums for Metal? 2016-10-18 03:06:36

I use addictive drums 2. Good balance between customisation and ease of use.

Response to Electronic Drums for Metal? 2016-10-19 14:21:56

Do you mean electronic drums for live stuff? drum machines? synth drum kit? or that you want to know what music software you can make some decent beats in for your metal? I always use FL studio and that's what I honestly recommend, unless you want to use caustic which you can get on your phone. Also, I'm willing to throw you some drum loops if you want as long as I get credit.