00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Suggestions for Helmet?

537 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-25 20:40:55

Not happy with original design after I sketched this out. Helmet or no helmet? If I should keep a helmet what direction would look better sci-fi-ish or fantasy-ish?

I literally can't continue on this piece until I decide on a helmet.

Suggestions for Helmet?

re

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-25 21:05:23

Hello! First off wanted to say it looks great so far. I'm pretty much a newbie but I would go with a helmet since I think its an attribute that adds a lot to a character illustration.

As regards to sci-fi or fantasy, I would personally go fantasy-ish! Hope that was of help.

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-25 21:06:56

At 10/25/15 09:05 PM, Spicyfries wrote: Hello! First off wanted to say it looks great so far. I'm pretty much a newbie but I would go with a helmet since I think its an attribute that adds a lot to a character illustration.

As regards to sci-fi or fantasy, I would personally go fantasy-ish! Hope that was of help.

Yes, that was help! Thank you. I was leaning towards sci-fi, but I do actually prefer fantasy!

re

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-25 23:52:24 (edited 2015-10-25 23:52:51)

Maybe you could give the visor a few swooping curves which would add a little ornamentation to hint fantasy but keep it sharp enough to stay sci-fi? I also think that the chin guard could be larger as it seems wiry and more like a strap. Overall she looks good so far!

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-26 01:26:16

At 10/25/15 11:52 PM, Pannache wrote: Maybe you could give the visor a few swooping curves which would add a little ornamentation to hint fantasy but keep it sharp enough to stay sci-fi? I also think that the chin guard could be larger as it seems wiry and more like a strap. Overall she looks good so far!

Thank you. By any chance would you have an image of what you mean? Or by swoops do you mean design on the helmet itself? :)

re

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-26 01:42:20

You could look at images of helmets and mix various design elements into your own.

Sketch down all the ideas you can think of but don't simply erase them if you don't like them because you may see something that you like about an "ugly" sketch and incorporate it into your final design.

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-26 06:37:55

if you can wait about 10 hours I will sketch out a few ideas for you to look at (unless a lot of others beat me to it). otherwise grab some existing pictures as inspiration.

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-26 06:38:11

A fantasy helmet inspired by a plague mask like using the beak like a cap hooded over the forehead and mix it with masquerade-like features. I think that would look awesome! Hope it helped you get some inspiration! :)

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-26 17:25:33

I was thinking maybe a mix? like a futuristic take on a fantasy helmet that comes down over the face. *shrugs*

here is was I did it with it quicky

Suggestions for Helmet?

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-28 19:01:05

At 10/26/15 05:25 PM, LegolaSS wrote: I was thinking maybe a mix? like a futuristic take on a fantasy helmet that comes down over the face. *shrugs*

here is was I did it with it quicky

Thank you for taking the time to draw this for reference for me. I like it, maybe I will do a hybrid.

re

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-28 19:01:39

At 10/27/15 01:39 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: I think a slightly roomier helmet would look nice. This one is pretty tight on her head and fits like a sock.

Yeah, I see what you mean.. I will.

re

Response to Suggestions for Helmet? 2015-10-28 19:02:09

At 10/26/15 06:38 AM, Riserva wrote: A fantasy helmet inspired by a plague mask like using the beak like a cap hooded over the forehead and mix it with masquerade-like features. I think that would look awesome! Hope it helped you get some inspiration! :)

Thank you for the links (:

re