00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans

20,212 Views | 109 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-24 23:30:17

At 10/22/15 01:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've just released an update to the Supporter System!

Hmmm,I have a question...or a suggestion....What if 'Monthly members' had the perk to change the layout of the site....like have the old NG Logo and how the old site? And how about making it easier for the Monthly Supporters to get blams and saves and bring back the old Saviour and Blam flash and the blow my whistle baby flash?.. Would that be too much to ask for? I'd love to become a supporter since I've been on here pretty dayum long and seen a lot of changes....

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-25 04:31:53

So...you need about tree fiddy?

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-25 06:13:37

Now in the cool kids club

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-25 15:20:38

At 10/22/15 01:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've decided to end support for .unity3D uploads.

THANK YOU.
I'm really sick of trying to vote on unity games for quite a while now, especially if they're under judgement. (Yay, blam points for all~)

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-25 17:14:52

Felt super silly otherwise Tom, put myself down on a recurring yearly.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

"To love is to give, and not count the cost."
--Pope Pious XXIXXIII I/II

At 10/25/15 03:20 PM, solitonmedic wrote: THANK YOU.
I'm really sick of trying to vote on unity games for quite a while now, especially if they're under judgement. (Yay, blam points for all~)

I hear ya there man, it was like click-bait :p But I really do feel for all the Unity programmers out there. I should've guessed (Unity's demise) as much from Tom's inaction to post a page for Unity, the way he did with Flash so very many years ago... hell, I never got much past TandyDOS and Pascal myself ._.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-26 10:32:56

Pico 2 is everything.

Shrugs I dunno. Even with the perks people have suggested here as well as the ones that exist, I don't feel like it'll be worth it. Mainly from the forum aspect of the site (from the actual forum half of the site to the voting system for submissions) being out of date and being stuck in the 90s. We don't even have a way to preview what we're posting or see the previous comments in a topic. Half the time the pages for games don't load correctly and you need to refresh them two to three times to find out the game may not work. If Newgrounds wants to survive the admins have to update the systems in place so that way people aren't immediately disinterested. Hell, the background picture is only evidence of it by having a collage of game characters from games that aren't played that much now.

And I do realize the circle logic in my post. If they don't update they won't get supporters, but there may not be enough capital to upgrade without support. But without info saying that they will update the site to be modern, you may get neither in the long run.

But, that's just my opinion.

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-27 12:17:03

Hello, does Jazzas contest really end on the 24th or the 31st? He himself said the 24th but the front page says otherwise.

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-27 12:46:42

At 10/26/15 10:18 PM, Aliendude2 wrote: Shrugs I dunno. Even with the perks people have suggested here as well as the ones that exist, I don't feel like

But, that's just my opinion.

I agree. I'd love a page with all the intended upgrades and a status bar for each

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-27 13:05:29

At 10/27/15 12:17 PM, Ambidex wrote: Hello, does Jazzas contest really end on the 24th or the 31st? He himself said the 24th but the front page says otherwise.

Dammit I dunno if I saw 31st somewhere or what... Looks like it's 24th on his info page, I'm updating the calendar. Argh.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-27 13:46:07

At 10/22/15 01:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've just released an update to the Supporter System!

This is a great idea! I'd love to do more to support NG! I like the idea of having an exclusive early release. I also like to release downloads with my videos sometimes, maybe I could release example and source files for NG only viewers on my animation tutorials and direct YouTube viewers here.

Follow me!

YOUTUBE

TWITTER

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-28 06:49:00

PayPal is not working for me and I think I saw other comments stating the same.

Can't you just state a bank account number or so? This would be way easier for people outside USA.

Really would like to support newgrounds financially.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-28 09:11:59

At 10/28/15 06:49 AM, Surikat wrote: PayPal is not working for me and I think I saw other comments stating the same.

It literally isn't working, or you don't want to use it?

One of the reasons we use PayPal is that you don't have to have an account to check out - you can just enter card details and continue as a guest.

At 10/28/15 09:11 AM, liljim wrote:
At 10/28/15 06:49 AM, Surikat wrote: PayPal is not working for me and I think I saw other comments stating the same.
It literally isn't working, or you don't want to use it?

One of the reasons we use PayPal is that you don't have to have an account to check out - you can just enter card details and continue as a guest.

The days of checkout without login are long gone. At least where I live (Switzerland). They stopped doing that several years ago, as I was reminded by my own customers who did not like that at all too. And creating an account requires to upload copies of licenses, facturation details and/or a bank account. And I do not do that.

If you can find a "pay as guest" button on the image attached, pleas give me a hint. And note that I already tried to create an account with the lower button. There is no guest login, believe me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Suddenly, I do not have to upload anything anymore. The account just works and the payment too. No guest login though. I had to create an account. Proud supporter now. :) Image deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-28 10:43:07

At 10/28/15 10:24 AM, Surikat wrote: The days of checkout without login are long gone. At least where I live (Switzerland).

Weird... this could be a location thing, because it's still an option (note that it will NOT work for recurring payments, regardless of your location).

Anyway, thanks for going to the trouble of getting an account with them and getting the upgrade! :)

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-28 10:56:08

At 10/28/15 10:43 AM, liljim wrote: Anyway, thanks for going to the trouble of getting an account with them and getting the upgrade! :)

More than ten years on the plattform. It's the least I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-28 15:57:54

We've decided to end support for .unity3D uploads.

You have no idea how happy I am with this. I wish I got money to support you guys.

I ran out of funny ideas in this signature so I copy this to be funny.

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-10-29 19:00:24

At 10/23/15 08:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: What feature would make it worth it to you?

i know that you probably aren't looking to segregate supporter creators from regular creators, especially while you're trying to convince more people to upload here first, but there are definitely some content creation updates that could be nice.

- having a 'featured' piece of content on our user pages, like how vimeo has one of your videos embedded at the top of the page.

- the ability to sort our work by something other than 'latest.' for a lot of people, each new piece isn't necessarily the best/most accessible one. being able to make the four movies/games/arts that show up be ones that i'm recommending to people visiting my page would go a long way in making the user pages more accessible to newcomers. this would probably be especially helpful for voice actors or musicians that participate in a lot of projects with varying quality.

- i've said this one before, but the ability to turn ads off on our own projects. this one would be great for non-supporters as well. i think you'd incentivize a lot of the more artsy community to join/return to newgrounds if they could remove ads from their user pages and video pages.

i wouldn't be against any of these rolling out as benefits for all creators, supporters or not, but they might be ways to add benefits to the supporter system without making it feel like you really need to upgrade for the full ng experience.

also, if any of these do get implemented as supporter upgrades, it might be a smart idea to give people a month of supporter status for free after submitting a game or movie that passes judgement. that way people'd be able to experience supporter status and decide if they like all the benefits. actually, with this new month-to-month plan, that might be a smart way to incentivize more content creators publishing on ng first even without content-creator upgrades.

Response to Supporter Upgrade Monthly + Plans 2015-11-03 16:27:52

NewgroundsRed huh? Nah just kidding.

BBS Signature