00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People who were coddled as children

1,935 Views | 24 Replies

So apparently there are a bunch of people who were raised to believe the world is not a cold dark place where hope is a lie and everyone you've ever known is destined to die, and if you are very lucky, you will live long enough to outlive anyone who ever cared about you.

You know, people who were coddled.

The kind of people, who if they get someone pregnant, instead of immediately going"RED ALERT! ABORTION RIGHT NOW" go "Well, all people are happy little accidents really. My parents are going to be so happy to raise my baby while nothing in my life actually changes." Or the sort of people that go "Pain meds? Sounds medically sound to me. Let's grind'em all up and snort'em, mumndaddie will pay for rehab if I pick up a pet monkey while riding this horse"

You know, the kind of people who get a master's degree in not moving out of their parent's house with a philosophy major and a minor in music journalism. The sort of folks who just magically don't starve or end up homeless when they spend months unemployed.

Man, are they ever worthless. They're all sensitive and live in a constant state of needy-butthurtfulness, while at the same time being cruel because they've been protected from pain their entire lives and have no empathy.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 12:59:12

I didn't even know the word.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

First World Problems?

Seems like it.

Edit: Let them figure out on their own that they shouldn't pucker up to life for a big fat kiss. It's going to give them a bitter pill, except for a slight few that were born into money and have good looks. And even they may not be safe.

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 14:41:53

At 10/13/15 12:56 PM, Cordyceps wrote: It's not always because they were coddled, its also often because they're dumb

I know lots of dumb people. Some of them impressively dumb. But there's a special kind of ignorance only the moderately intelligent who think they are the intellectual elite possess. This is the holy grail of dumb of which I speak. The bottom of the barrel dumb have limited resources, but the coddled elite of stupidity have the resources to be successfully ignorant on a whole new level.

At 10/13/15 02:09 PM, MemeFiend wrote: Seems like you're mad because your parents don't love you.

My parents didn't love me, but I'm not mad about it. What I'm mad about is that instead of putting me to bed a night, they would just start having sex in the living room, and if I was awake to see it, that was my punishment for not going to bed. Also for leaving my lunch money and the socks for the whole family in their room, so when I got up for school I would have to walk past them having sex to get my lunch money and socks

At 10/13/15 02:14 PM, someaveragechap wrote: Edit: Let them figure out on their own that they shouldn't pucker up to life for a big fat kiss. It's going to give them a bitter pill, except for a slight few that were born into money and have good looks. And even they may not be safe.

The part that bothers me is that I tell them the truth for years, and they treat me with contempt, then they find out I was telling the truth the entire time, and they think it's my fault for knowing what was going to happen and saying something about it. The world was shit before I told'em it was shit; it didn't become shit just because I pointed out the facts.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 16:36:34

have you ever seen a grown man get forced against his will to get naked and act like a dog? no?

then you haven't really been living.

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 19:18:14

At 10/13/15 12:54 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: "Pain meds? Sounds medically sound to me. Let's grind'em all up and snort'em

Tell me honestly that you've never tried a drug in your life or I will think forever more that you're stupid as shit.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 20:03:43

At 10/13/15 07:18 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
Tell me honestly that you've never tried a drug in your life or I will think forever more that you're stupid as shit.

I've done plenty of drugs, that's not my point. My point is that just because a doctor tells you heroin isn't heroin doesn't mean heroin isn't heroin, no matter how many times they coat it in wax and "time release" the dosage.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-13 20:22:52

At 10/13/15 08:03 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I've done plenty of drugs, that's not my point. My point is that just because a doctor tells you heroin isn't heroin doesn't mean heroin isn't heroin, no matter how many times they coat it in wax and "time release" the dosage.

Oh okey

*judges indefinitely*

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-14 06:19:32

Screw you, i'll have this baby if i want to! I'm already 15.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-14 10:40:08

At 10/14/15 06:37 AM, Xenomit wrote: Also, living with a parent =/= worthless person.

You live with you mom, don't you?

I know a lot more people like that than what you're talking about, and I think you're getting the two confused.

It's only okay to live with your parents if their other alternative is a nursing home.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-14 15:21:16

At 10/14/15 02:28 PM, Xenomit wrote:
No, but based on what you've said in this thread I'd be willing to be you've lived in a rehab facility at least once

I think this is a thing that separates me from a lot of my friends: I am made of stone when it comes to drugs. As in, I do not enjoy opiates or stimulants recreationally. They really don't do anything for me. I have a running gag that I keep forgetting to get addicted to smoking cigarettes, and it's true. I haven't had a cigarette in over a week, even though I've been known to smoke a pack a night when I'm drinking.

I like pot as much as any 21st century man, but as far as even alcohol is concerned I really just don't see the point. I'm saying this as a dude who occasionally brews 5 gallon batches of 18% abv hooch. I've always found the idea of being on lots of dope really depressing. The joke is "There isn't enough dope in the world to fix what's wrong with me."

I mean, there's really not. I could drink an ocean, pop pills like peas, smoke enough dope for heat a small house, but I'd be just as screwed up after I got sober as when I started. Psychedelics are also fun only on a limited-time-only basis

I somewhat envy people who are naive enough to develop serious drug problems. It must be a cozy thought to think all you need is X number of grams of a substance to make everything right with the world.

BBS Signature

Like sheltered people? I've met a lot on here and everywhere really.

People who were coddled as children

Just introduce these people to some ync or any other type of reality site.

its how i became .... uncoddled

also fuck you, my life is better than yours

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-15 11:32:47

If you spare the rod, you spoil the child.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-15 12:28:35

At 10/15/15 11:32 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If you spare the rod, you spoil the child.

The more miserable a childhood, the more awesome being an adult is by comparison.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-15 12:44:33

At 10/15/15 12:28 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/15/15 11:32 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If you spare the rod, you spoil the child.
The more miserable a childhood, the more awesome being an adult is by comparison.

This is normally true. You have to learn that life is not easy and develop a somewhat positive attitude about life's challenges.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-15 18:43:58

At 10/15/15 06:09 PM, UltraAusterity wrote: What about people who were curbstomped as children

They are okay and have dentures.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-15 20:02:03

At 10/15/15 07:19 PM, Xenomit wrote

One thing everyone should realize about themselves is that humans think logarithmically, it's encoded into our very being. This is why childhood seems to last forever, but the older you get the faster time seems to go by.

That may be true, but there are many stories of poor, miserable people becoming successful people. Rags to riches if you will.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 00:00:43

I was never coddled as a child, but as a young adult of color I'm finding more and more guilty white liberals apologizing to me over the copious amounts of racial injustices I've apparently suffered. I haven't suffered anything obvious enough for me to see as of yet, and with the raise of political correctness in society I probably never will, but none of this shit has to do with this thread.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 00:15:02

Life isn't fair.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 00:21:10

At 10/16/15 12:15 AM, poinl wrote: Life isn't fair.

You're not the boss of me now.

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 09:14:29

At 10/15/15 07:19 PM, Xenomit wrote: Miserable childhood will inexorably mean miserable adulthood.

Lies. I have never smelt the reek of wronger lies seeping through the noxious holes of the intertubes.

Combine this fact with all the obvious early mental development that goes on when you're a child, and it becomes evident why a person who had a good childhood is more likely to live, at least by their standards, a happy life,

And this is where you become extra super wrong. Because in order to develop, the systems of the body must have stress. People who do not run stay slow, people who do not lift weights stay weak, people who do not study stay stupid. This is why children are put in school; placed in a situation of great mental stress, their minds become strong when they are young, so that when they become adults they will be prepared.

and people who were miserable as children, tend to live unhappy lives.

This is not my experience. People with amazing childhoods find adulthood disapointing; people with horrible childhoods find themselves exceeding all their expectations.

If all your memories of you being you are shitty, you can only be convinced that you're a shitty person living a shitty life.

I don't think you fully grasp the mind's ability to acclimatize. Happiness and contentment are more determined by physical health than by memories or mental health. People can be content in any situation. Some of the happiest people I know are Katrina refugees who moved to Memphis after the storm. They lost everything, they are tough as nails, and they face all dificulties with a smile, because compared to what they have been through, this is nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 14:56:00

At 10/16/15 02:42 PM, Xenomit wrote:
Why are you assuming that any of these things mean you had a shitty childhood? Every kid has stress of some kind, running is just a natural instinct that everyone does, lifting weights isn't hard nor harmful nor scary nor stressful nor anything fucking negative, same with studying.

My point is that these widely accepted techniques for improving a person are all based on stress. Having experienced and recovered from lots of stress is what makes a person strong, and poor people from bad neighborhoods experience more of it. They don't all necessarily recover; plenty of crazies in the hood. But the ones who do are tougher than people who grew up without that stress.

they are tough as nails
"Everyone who has a hard life is tough"

I think you're a little sheltered if you think this is true

One day I'll meet those rich tough guys... lol, nope, don't exist. All richies are sissies, well established truth. But hey, who am I to judge you for your salmon colored shorts? Rave on bro.

BBS Signature

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-16 15:29:11

At 10/13/15 12:54 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
You know, people who were coddled.

My parents tried that with me.
I've always seen the negative over the positive.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to People who were coddled as children 2015-10-17 12:23:48

At 10/17/15 12:11 AM, Xenomit wrote: 1. Implying that rich people wear salmon colored shorts
2. Implying that rich people go to raves
3. Implying that people who go to raves wear salmon colored shorts
4. Implying that I'm rich
5. Implying that I wear salmon colored shorts,
6. Implying that I wear shorts to raves
7. Implying that I go to raves

Holy mother of implications

He called you out on all your implications. Just say NO to implying.

BBS Signature