00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff

925 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-11 16:18:19

Hi, my name is Elliot. I am the founder of a new game studio/dev team called ChaosStudios. We have started work on our next game, but our graphics designer has just dropped out, so we are in need of a new one. We are also looking for some other staff, but that isn't quite as important. If you are interested, here is everything you might need to know:

- There will be no pay as of now (Maybe in the future dependent on how successful the new game is).
- All communication will be through Skype, if you do not have Skype then you will be instantly declined.
- If you are accepted you must send me a message on Skype within 7 days, or you will be instantly kicked.
- You will be expected to work at least 10 mins every day unless you give us notice that you will be away.
- The most we will ask you to work a day is around 2-3 hours unless we are entering a game jam and are short on time.

Still interested? Alright then, you can get started by filling out a very quick form here. Got some questions you want to ask before applying? Shoot us an email at chaosstudiosgames@gmail.com and we will be sure to answer any questions you have.

Thanks in advance for your interest in joining and helping out ChaosStudios. Be sure to check out all of our social media below.

YouTube
Twitter
ChaosStudios Website

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-11 20:54:23

Hai!

BBS Signature

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF JOINING CHAOS STUDIOS READ THIS FIRST

My experience at ChoasStudios:

I was taken on as a Graphic Designer (on a voluteery basis) with the intention of maybe getting something CV worthy to go with my degree, a game or something. When I logged onto the Skype chat I found that it was basically a kid with no idea what he was doing and what appeared to be no experience running a project. At first I offered constructive critism, for example: a better logo, as the graphic designer and with my experience in the field I offered to make one, only to find the next day he'd done it himself with the aid of a friend and it was terrible. A really amature looking cartoon flame.....God only knows what they were thinking.

The whole thing was a massive waste of time and I wouldn't advice anybody gives it a try, even if just for fun. You'll get nothing out of it what so ever and clearly I'm not the only one as I'm not the graphic designer who left described in the OP.

SERIOUSLY, don't bother.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-14 17:16:18

At 10/13/15 06:51 AM, Decky wrote: IF YOU ARE THINKING OF JOINING CHAOS STUDIOS READ THIS FIRST

My experience at ChoasStudios:

I was taken on as a Graphic Designer (on a voluteery basis) with the intention of maybe getting something CV worthy to go with my degree, a game or something. When I logged onto the Skype chat I found that it was basically a kid with no idea what he was doing and what appeared to be no experience running a project. At first I offered constructive critism, for example: a better logo, as the graphic designer and with my experience in the field I offered to make one, only to find the next day he'd done it himself with the aid of a friend and it was terrible. A really amature looking cartoon flame.....God only knows what they were thinking.

The whole thing was a massive waste of time and I wouldn't advice anybody gives it a try, even if just for fun. You'll get nothing out of it what so ever and clearly I'm not the only one as I'm not the graphic designer who left described in the OP.

SERIOUSLY, don't bother.

Okay. You made your point, the logo is kinda crap. It looks like a child drew it because that's the way I want it, the games are (mostly) child friendly, and so I want a logo that kind of represents that. I am a mature 14 year old who DOES know what they are doing. I have run many of projects before, and a bunch of them were successful.

The other graphics designer left to take a different path in his life. He decided he would learn to code and make games individually, not because of me.

Also, if you remember you didn't leave, I kicked you for your inactivity.

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-14 17:17:06

At 10/11/15 08:54 PM, poinl wrote: Hai!

Ohaiiii

At 10/14/15 05:16 PM, ChaosStudios wrote: I have run many of projects before, and a bunch of them were successful.

Links?

Nope, I criticized your "style" of project managment; Handing over design work when you had a degree educated designer willing to do it for free on your roster, use of Skype as the solitary form of communication and lack of a clear vision about where the project was going. A result of this and my stating "This isn't for me. Unprofessional work will make an unprofessional product." I was kicked from the group by you before I could leave the group. Confirming for me the level of immaturity I was dealing with.

If you wanna get pissy about it I'm cool with that, no skin off my nose, the smart move though is to take my criticism and try to improve from it.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-15 18:29:06

At 10/15/15 11:18 AM, Decky wrote:
At 10/14/15 05:16 PM, ChaosStudios wrote: I have run many of projects before, and a bunch of them were successful.
Links?
Nope, I criticized your "style" of project managment; Handing over design work when you had a degree educated designer willing to do it for free on your roster, use of Skype as the solitary form of communication and lack of a clear vision about where the project was going. A result of this and my stating "This isn't for me. Unprofessional work will make an unprofessional product." I was kicked from the group by you before I could leave the group. Confirming for me the level of immaturity I was dealing with.

If you wanna get pissy about it I'm cool with that, no skin off my nose, the smart move though is to take my criticism and try to improve from it.

Actually since you have left, we have decided on what will be the next project, and have already started work on it. We use Skype because most people have it, and it is easy to use for many different things. I will run ChaosStudios the way I choose, and I don't want to be too professional because again, I am 14 and it has only just started. I have to take my GCSEs and stuff next year so it is more of a fun hobby than a 'Job', and so it doesn't need to be run as if it is the most important business is the world.

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-17 17:49:54

Bump

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-18 17:45:19

Bump

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-10-31 18:06:49

BUMP

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-11-03 02:38:44

BUMP

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-11-03 13:56:00

Hi Elliot, I'm kind of interested so I'll like to ask some questions. (Not a huge fan of gmail so I'll like to ask them here, plus others can see it so they won't have to go to the trouble of messaging you.)
Will we be guaranteed to be paid if we make a profit?
Do you have any games to show us? (doesn't have to be completed, but it would be nice to see the team's skill)
Who else is part of the team?
What are you using to create the game?

I hope you reply soon and thanks.

Response to ChaosStudios - Looking For Staff 2015-11-25 17:47:43

At 11/3/15 01:56 PM, omt8 wrote: Hi Elliot, I'm kind of interested so I'll like to ask some questions. (Not a huge fan of gmail so I'll like to ask them here, plus others can see it so they won't have to go to the trouble of messaging you.)
Will we be guaranteed to be paid if we make a profit?
Do you have any games to show us? (doesn't have to be completed, but it would be nice to see the team's skill)
Who else is part of the team?
What are you using to create the game?

I hope you reply soon and thanks.

Hi, I appoligise for the late reply, thanks for your interest anyway.
Yes, we are currently figuring out percentages to give
I cannot publicly show the game as of yet
We have a bunch of people who I will not list here
I use gamemaker studio, but we have a few people branching off to work in unity