00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for an animator - paid

695 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 12:44:23

Hey, i'm looking for an animator to do a 5 minute animation. It would be of the horror genre. I'd be able to pay $100 to someone willing to complete this task. If you are interested please reply with an example of your work. :)

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 12:54:45

At 10/8/15 12:44 PM, Freebix wrote: Hey, i'm looking for an animator to do a 5 minute animation. It would be of the horror genre. I'd be able to pay $100 to someone willing to complete this task. If you are interested please reply with an example of your work. :)

Animation is very time consuming and offering $100 for 5 minutes is horrendously insulting to anyone in the field.

Animators usually charge around $1000 dollars per minute of animation. You are offering to pay 2% of that even for people who do this as a hobby they would probably be spending more on just running there computer than they would make working for you.

Also you are not giving any effort to show what you are bringing to the table, but are asking that every animator gives you a preview of there work.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 13:07:51

At 10/8/15 12:54 PM, Blounty wrote:
At 10/8/15 12:44 PM, Freebix wrote: Hey, i'm looking for an animator to do a 5 minute animation. It would be of the horror genre. I'd be able to pay $100 to someone willing to complete this task. If you are interested please reply with an example of your work. :)
Animation is very time consuming and offering $100 for 5 minutes is horrendously insulting to anyone in the field.
Also you are not giving any effort to show what you are bringing to the table, but are asking that every animator gives you a preview of there work.

Hey, I absolutely know how time consuming animation is. However, 1000 a minute isn't true for average animators. I recently seen an ad for $50 compensation for 5 minutes. I provide the music, the voice acting, character design, and sound effects. Maybe even backgrounds. I even spoken to someone who is really good with a huge following only charging 100 a minute. I also animate. So if you are not interested that is fine but please don't insult me either.

Looking for an animator - paid

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 13:23:02

At 10/8/15 01:07 PM, Freebix wrote: Hey, I absolutely know how time consuming animation is.

Which is why you aren't doing it yourself then?

However, 1000 a minute isn't true for average animators.

So are you going to be happy with an average product?
And yes $1000 dollars is average for someone who works in the industry and would have to pay the bills when working on your project. Of course you can get someone a lot cheaper but if they aren't invested in the project especially considering the length you will get a lot of drop-outs or half finished work.

I recently seen an ad for $50 compensation for 5 minutes.

You get what you pay for.

I provide the music, the voice acting, character design, and sound effects. Maybe even backgrounds.

And why did you not provide any of these samples in the pitch. And I am definitely going to go into more detail on all of these as I was soooo insulting in my last post...

the music

I just checked and yes you do make music so you can have that one.

the voice acting

I can't see any samples on your profile so you may be completely shit at voice acting, and if you are getting others to voice act and then just sending the files over, you aren't really providing it are you.

character design

So you are going to design all the characters, what if the animator has a completely different style to you and if that's your drawing in your last post I wouldn't bother with even attempting character design you are just going to make it so the animator has to redesign everything.

backgrounds

Yet again no samples to be shown.

I even spoken to someone who is really good with a huge following only charging 100 a minute.

Well this is like 10x your budget so you can't afford them apparently also there is no proof shown, quit trying to lowball everyone.

I also animate.

So why are you not working on your own project?

So if you are not interested that is fine but please don't insult me either.

I didn't insult you in my last post. No I am not interested and I hope anyone who is only gives you the quality you paid for.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 13:46:16

bounty.. you do nothing on any of your posts but spread mass negative energy. I've seen you post on numerous forum topics and it's 90% of you bickering on how much money someone should get. Lol, what is your problem? This is a simple project for someone looking for freelance work. I like how you went through my profile even though you claim to be uninterested. Why comment on people's posts? I know you think it is your duty to fight for every artist but believe it or not on my first few gigs to play somewhere I got nothing. Well I got experience but that was it. No one is lowballing anyone but why don't you look up animation for hire and see how many people offer pennies lower than I did. This isn't a huge deal this is a horror 5 minute animation. I do agree they should get more but some of us don't have the money to pay thousands of dollars and I really don't know what average person statically does. Sure if you have a huge studio and you do high quality work then you should get thousands for your work. However this is a forum for people to connect and work together to make some kick ass art. I have other projects I am working on having nothing to do with animation. I have no clue as to why I am arguing with someone that does nothing but argue with everyone. I hope you never run low on money and need someone to help out bc with that karma you probably won't get it. If every artist received 1000 per minute animation work, we all would be wealthy. Btw that is not my finished character design. Good day.:)

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 13:47:45

Sounds good... I recently finished this (took around a week.) http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/664489
Yeah.. there are some more work in my profile http://shademachine.newgrounds.com/
PM or just ping me. if you wanna hire me...! Skype : picartz.sm

Its all in the Design... Worship Design... cause its what matters, Muhaaahaaahaaa....haaa haa hee aa... hrmmm...

Sci

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 19:22:53

Hi Dude,

I have to say $100 for 5mins is pretty small for a task like this reading the post so far. Even if you do provide audio and music the script and your own character design, the wrk produced won't be as proffessional.

However If you could fill me in with what your story is about and understand an animatic is what you would recieve at best we can move from there.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-08 20:29:46

Nowhere near enough to temp even a semi-professional animator.

5 mins at (basic fps) 24 frames per second = 7,200 frames, not including multiple layers, backgrounds, special effects, plus all your standard prelim drawings, alterations and refinements.

Your budget is too small. Perhaps learn some animation and have a crack at it yourself?

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 03:34:47

Add a couple more zeros on that number and we might be interested. Otherwise its a no go and I'm pretty sure you will not get any qualified responses for your current offer. 5 minutes of animation, dependent on a number of factors, is going to take around 3-4 weeks, that's like working for $25 a week . Let me ask you this... What do you work for? I'm sure that it is not for $0.50 an hour. Our time is of value, so is yours, please do not waste either of our time by making such low ball offers. I challenge you to do the animation yourself. I'm certain it will give you a new appreciation for those in the know.
Take care and good luck with your project.

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 05:36:55

lol $100 dollar worth nothing were I live!

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 08:32:01

Mo10/9/15 03:34 AM, QArtsMedia wrote:

Add a couple more zeros on that number and we might be interested. Otherwise its a no go and I'm pretty sure you will not get any qualified responses for your current offer. 5 minutes of animation, dependent on a number of factors, is going to take around 3-4 weeks, that's like working for $25 a week . Let me ask you this... What do you work for? I'm sure that it is not for $0.50 an hour. Our time is of value, so is yours, please do not waste either of our time by making such low ball offers. I challenge you to do the animation yourself. I'm certain it will give you a new appreciation for those in the know.
Take care and good luck with your project.

Thanks. I have narrowed it down to 2.5 minutes. Some people are asking to do free work on this forum which is why I put my offer on the table but I see no one going on those posts encouraging people to get paid for their work. I also Do animation myself and it is a lot of fun to do. However I am not always available and I'd like to get a project done with another animators help. I know how much work it takes to make an animation but most of us real artists are passionate about doing work and more happy to work with other artists. I've been on newgrounds since I was a little kid and have been animating since I joined in 2004. The community was a lot different then. Anyways thanks everyone. :)

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 09:25:20

Just ask people to do it free like everyone else here lol. I like your music btw.....most of the adults on here just wanna get rich by doing scrappy animations. The reason they aren't rich is because nobody is paying them bc thy r too high. Lol. I would do it but I don't know how to... I got a friend who wud do it for free.

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 12:29:41

At 10/9/15 09:25 AM, dams10 wrote: Just ask people to do it free like everyone else here lol.

Because that works out so well for everyone right?

most of the adults on here just wanna get rich by doing scrappy animations.

Not really, most of would be happy to afford electricity, the internet and maybe some coffee while we work on peoples projects. Why are you even here if all you are gonna do it bad mouth the animators; In an animation forum...

The reason they aren't rich is because nobody is paying them bc thy r too high. Lol.

Mate from what you are posting you are most likely living with your parents still and have no concept of having to pay for shit anyway. Not everyone is trying to become rich, just make enough money to live while working on people's shitty projects.

I would do it but I don't know how to...

This is why you should just shut your mouth and move on.

I got a friend who wud do it for free.

Your "friend" must hate you.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 12:44:40

At 10/9/15 12:29 PM, Blounty wrote: Not really, most of would be happy to afford electricity, the internet and maybe some coffee while we work on peoples projects. Why are you even here if all you are gonna do it bad mouth the animators; In an animation forum...

You sound miserable sir lol!!!! Why not get a real job and create a name for yourself before trying to get kids to pay like a thousand for a scrappy animation you do.start a business with your name on it and pitch to execs or something on tv shows and other stuff. No one will pay you that kinda money here dude. Especially if your work isn't up to par wit what they want and they are very demanding so you don't get to do it how u want. the most I've seen someone pay on here is two fifty. Now leave me alone! Lol

I got a friend who wud do it for free.
Your "friend" must hate you.

Lol not all the time but he wants to get experience and his portfolio together so when he gets 18 he would have like a lot of work done. :p

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 14:28:29

At 10/9/15 12:44 PM, dams10 wrote: trying to get kids to pay like a thousand for a scrappy animation you do.

don't you think 5 minute is bit too much for a kids to ask for animations in the first place!

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 14:58:01

if you have a good script and enough time ( you can also make it a collab)... its worth a shot...

Its all in the Design... Worship Design... cause its what matters, Muhaaahaaahaaa....haaa haa hee aa... hrmmm...

Sci

Response to Looking for an animator - paid 2015-10-09 16:17:00

At 10/9/15 12:44 PM, dams10 wrote:
... before trying to get kids to pay like a thousand for an animation you do.

They're not trying to make kids pay anything. They're telling them that the rates they propose are ludicrously low and that they shouldn't expect someone with experience to stoop down to that rate.

No one will pay you that kinda money here dude.

How do you know?

Especially if your work isn't up to par wit what they want and they are very demanding so you don't get to do it how u want.

If the animator's work isn't up to par with what they want, they won't commission them in the first place.
Also, if the people asking for animations are so demanding, then they need to be able to pay for someone skilled enough to meet those demands. They shouldn't be so demanding to animators and not expect the animator to be financially demanding in return.

BBS Signature