00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

October 2015 Challenge of the Month

27,020 Views | 241 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 14:05:10

How many posts do I need to make clear?. I don't care about being noticed. But it's shady they can't even scout me, when I my skill level is 100000000000 times higher than them.

Lol

It is too bad you feel that way, just when I was about to scout you, but no! you decided to go on this . He is a good artist and an excellent teacher, has helped me an many others go get inspired and perhaps even see things with a different perspective. you have had your 15 minutes of fame in the worst way posible. if you don´t have anything good to share,please let us be with the mimimal art skills that we have and go and do whatever you want to do in peace. from me I wish you to become a more gentle artist in the future, we all have bad days, may be you are not shinning right now, may be in the future you can shock us with art, rather than with rants. cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 14:44:30

At 10/13/15 12:33 PM, Thorstone wrote:
At 10/13/15 10:44 AM, fires-storm wrote:
At 10/13/15 10:36 AM, Riserva wrote:
At 10/13/15 10:30 AM, fires-storm wrote: Hey, I have a bit of a question, every drawing I've seen so far and your example are male. Does the Grimataur have to be male? I was going to sketch out ideas for both a male and a female one before I settle on which, but if it has to be male I'll know what to focus on from the get go.
Not at all! Go wild! :)
The only parameters you need to abide to:
- 2,5 meters tall
- Black in color
- Scales for skin
- Humanoid bipedal
- Hulking muscular build
- Tail and horns
- Lives in human areas
- Devours souls

Whether it's male, female, unisex or no sex is totally up to you. Good luck! :)
Ok, thanks a ton! Now to dig up natural muscular female reference, a lot of the bodybuilders are just too much, lol, maybe the wwe would have some!
I recommend even if you do female you still do draw it of a highly muscular build, given one of the parameters are "Hulking muscular build", given drawing natural muscular female proportions would somewhat go against that criteria.

It's your decision of course, not trying to state otherwise, just wanted to make sure you kept that in mind.

I agree, I'm trying to keep that in mind as much as possible which is why I'm using she hulk for an example. I am making her extremely muscular for a woman, but I'm also still making her look like she could fight easily without muscle getting in the way.

ok, I fixed the legs 'n stuff (thanks ReNaeNae for pointing it out :D) and started on the painting, I'm not sure on the face for the monster, doesn't look as good when I paint the body.

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 15:19:53

Ok, thanks a ton! Now to dig up natural muscular female reference, a lot of the bodybuilders are just too much, lol, maybe the wwe would have some!
I recommend even if you do female you still do draw it of a highly muscular build, given one of the parameters are "Hulking muscular build", given drawing natural muscular female proportions would somewhat go against that criteria.

It's your decision of course, not trying to state otherwise, just wanted to make sure you kept that in mind.
I agree, I'm trying to keep that in mind as much as possible which is why I'm using she hulk for an example. I am making her extremely muscular for a woman, but I'm also still making her look like she could fight easily without muscle getting in the way.

That's a good way of doing it yeah - even though I find fanart of She-Hulk to be more fitting the title of She-HULK than the actual one in the comics I've seen. Just wanted to make sure you remembered it.

Though it may just be me who think of much larger proportions when thinking of "hulking mucles" XP

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 15:25:16

i just got an idea ,idon't know if i have the time to finish it !!

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 15:43:22

At 10/13/15 03:25 PM, bouhmad wrote: i just got an idea ,idon't know if i have the time to finish it !!

Time, time, time. Don't worry man! It's been less than a week and there's already a lot of finished pieces. With about 10 days left, I'm sure someone who started literally right now can get it done in time. Don't worry about time, there's enough of it. Just take your time, give it your all and make it amazing! :)

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 16:04:52

At 10/13/15 03:19 PM, Thorstone wrote:

That's a good way of doing it yeah - even though I find fanart of She-Hulk to be more fitting the title of She-HULK than the actual one in the comics I've seen. Just wanted to make sure you remembered it.

Though it may just be me who think of much larger proportions when thinking of "hulking mucles" XP

Yup, I made her pretty much female body builder ripped, I think anymore would've just looked overboard...She is also probably 10 feet tall, I may have gotten carried away, hah! I've got the inks done now though, I just need to probably scan it and add digital color, or traditionally color and hopefully submit it tonight or tomorrow!

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 18:37:21

Hi guys :)

My very very very first WIP! Its also going to be my first colored drawing on a computer :) so give me some feedback :P
Im kinda nervous

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 20:04:15

At 10/13/15 06:37 PM, mkeuken84 wrote: Hi guys :)

My very very very first WIP! Its also going to be my first colored drawing on a computer :) so give me some feedback :P
Im kinda nervous

I really enjoy the pose of the woman, it looks promising so far!

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 20:15:14

Finally got done and submitted my entry, hope it makes the cut! It's not as monstrously muscular as some others but whenever I tried to do that it just looked overboard and ridiculous to me instead of intimidating...

Update for my Grimataur, Nearly finished I think..just need to do a bit more cleanup.
[Pic won't upload for some reason so here's a link x.x http://41.media.tumblr.com/d7324608af9564053b6c8424d9899f4b/tumblr_nvxhzxJp0R1rhynkuo4_r1_500.png ]

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-13 22:27:44

At 10/12/15 09:37 PM, BWoodford94 wrote:
At 10/9/15 08:38 PM, benzychan wrote: WIP update, starting to clean it up a bit.
This looks so good! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words.

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 07:07:28

Hi everyone :) I'm new to Newgrounds, and thought I'd introduce myself here. I found Jazza's Youtube-channel a while back, and really enjoy the videos. I'm Norwegian (so apologies in advance for spelling errors and bad grammar), 43 years old and enjoy drawing as a hobby. It's been on and off through the years, sometimes life gets in the way of things we'd really like to be doing ;) I've always drawn with graphite-pencils, and have been heavily influenced by the western comic superhero-style. I have done a few drawings on my iPad, but mostly just graphite on paper. Recently I purchased a galaxy note 10.1 (with the s-pen) tablet, and this COTM will be my first ever digital drawing/painting/art-thing :) SO exciting and scary - this will be the first time I ever enter a contest as well :o

In previous COTM I see that the art is divided into categories - beginners or professionals (is this right?). I don't really consider myself a beginner (I'm in my mid-forties and have been drawing most of my life), but I'm by NO means a professional! Where do I specify which category I'm entereing in, and how do I decide which one?

Thank you for enduring this very long first post, looking forward to getting to know the Newgrounds-community :)

Camomilla :)

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 08:37:45

wip. enjoy

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 11:45:30

Grimataur's day off and he has to cut the grass WIP

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 13:00:25

At 10/12/15 02:56 PM, ddraw wrote: I attach my version of Grimataur, in sketch and vector.

It looks very cool so far!!!

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 14:27:15

I uh think I'll opt out on this after all ^^" My skills just aren't up there with the rest of you guys and my ideas aren't exactly revolutionary..

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 14:33:42

Tried out a few poses that I may use in the actual drawing, though having some problems decind properly, due to I've not fully decided on how it'll all look just yet.

What I'm trying to decide on is either action and high focus on the Grimataur itself, or a bit more ominous, with also some focus in the background. The former allows for far more detail into the Grimataur than the latter though, even though characters are where my artistic skills shine.

Anyhow, thoughts/opinions are welcome.

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 14:37:26

I hope my idea of a pattern for scales work...

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 15:48:13

At 10/13/15 05:00 AM, Riserva wrote: Making progress! My new set of tones of letraset markers are coming in the mail today, so i guess it's gonna be a traditional art entry after all :D

Great line work, i like the style.

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 17:13:38

Finished lol Hope you guys like;D

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-14 21:29:37

Hello there, I am uptading the file, wonderful entries so far guys congrats to all.

BBS Signature

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-15 00:11:12

10/15/2015- Scales huh. Not much liberty I can take this monster with.

I have decided to give up because I can see how well some people are doing and I don't have to time to get near their level. So this will be my finished work.

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-15 08:42:59

At 10/15/15 12:11 AM, C-Johnigan wrote: 10/15/2015- Scales huh. Not much liberty I can take this monster with.

Love the angle/perspective in this - can't wait to see the finished result :)

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-15 08:45:46

I don't have a wip to show off, as I have just submitted mine - but here goes, this is my entry. All feedback apriciated :)

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-15 11:10:47

progresssssssss

Response to October 2015 Challenge of the Month 2015-10-15 11:52:22

Got the tablet like, 3 hours ago and the only thing I could think of drawing was the Grimataur. Unfortunately I still have to ajust myself to the tablet and think a bit more about the piece, the idea and the drawing are a bit rough yet.

LUNCH BRAKE!
(And at the end I changed, again, my idea for the Grimataur... :q )

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I'M FOR PARTICIPATING IN A JAZZA'S CHALLENGE . THIS IS MY SKETCH, HOPE YOU LIKE PRODUCT. WHAT JUST LOOKING UP AND DO WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

THIS IS MY FINAL, I JUST UP, BUT I CANT FIND IN THE FINDER.