00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Google Chrome taps your room

1,693 Views | 27 Replies

Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 00:18:39

Finally found the source of my privacy leak, apparently. Perhaps.

If you're on Chrome, check this:

chrome://voicesearch

I read about this here: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/06/google-chrome-listening-in-to-your-room-shows-the-importance-of-privacy-defense-in-depth/

And due to their Terms of Service, they can use anything uploaded to their network (ie. anything you say in a room with your computer) to "improve Google products or develop new ones".

Hence, things I've said being used on shows I was watching on the web without any explanation. I've been diagnosed as schizophrenic because of this. They said I had delusions of reference. I was sent to a hospital by a judge and forced to take medication, because I was scared because someone was listening in on my home and mocking me by having people on shows I was watching say things from my house. No one believed me. No one who's done it will admit it.

But this seems to be what happened.

I can't tell you how much this has affected my life and how livid I am right now that this seems to be all it might have been.

There's nothing I can do about this. There's nothing I can do. I have no recourse for all that was stolen from my home that they used to make all kinds of stuff that people got paid for. No one believes me. I can't prove it. I don't have access to the data I'd need to do so, and I wouldn't have a case because it's in their terms of service.

I hate the Internet right now.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 00:22:58

I already have tape on my webcam. I need to put tape over my mic now too? Jesus Christ.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 00:37:37

here come the conspiracy theorists

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 01:09:58

Google is slowly turning into Big Brother.

There is everything you can do about it. Just use Firefox instead~

Google Chrome taps your room

Actually in my opinion this is good news. If Google actually listens to me then we should be seeing Smell-O-Vision Hentai apps on the Google store by as early as Spring 2016.

I've waited so long. It's finally coming.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 01:33:46

ITT: People ignore the fact that Google actually does stuff like this.

At 10/7/15 01:33 AM, Bit wrote: ITT: People ignore the fact that Google actually does stuff like this.

Actually I don't ignore it I just don't care. The world is so interconnected that if they're going to try to sell me stuff they might as well sell me things I want, and if they're going to listen to me talk about and masturbate to hentai as well than that is their burden, it doesn't hurt me, but,mercy on the soul of whoever has to listen to such noise...

In fact I hope that by listening to my weird fetishes Google will open up the untapped market of macrophillia sex toys.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 02:36:25

At 10/7/15 01:33 AM, Bit wrote: ITT: People ignore the fact that Google actually does stuff like this.

I don't use Chrome or other google services, other than gmail which is managed through the my university (do any universities have non-gmail accounts anyway??). But I have nothing to hide from Google. I may not want to disclose to my colleagues that I wank off to gay furry hentai, but I couldn't care less that Google knows. I'm not important nor interesting enough to matter more than a infinitesimally small statistic in Google's endless sea of digital data.

If there's something you REALLY need to hide though, don't ever record it through digital media, and especially don't post it on the internet, regardless of how private or protected you think your personal webspace is.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 05:35:34

At 10/7/15 01:11 AM, Copywrong wrote: There is everything you can do about it. Just use Firefox instead~

Simple as.

It's no secret that Google collects data about you and what better way to do it than get all your information through your browser

420 blaze it

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 10:05:56

There is a novel written by George Orwell way before any of us were alive. It's called 1984. It is a good read for anybody worried about being spied on.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 10:24:43

At 10/7/15 02:36 AM, S3C wrote:
I don't use Chrome or other google services, other than gmail which is managed through the my university (do any universities have non-gmail accounts anyway??). But I have nothing to hide from Google. I may not want to disclose to my colleagues that I wank off to gay furry hentai, but I couldn't care less that Google knows. I'm not important nor interesting enough to matter more than a infinitesimally small statistic in Google's endless sea of digital data.

It's not about having something to hide. It's about the principle of the thing. Mass data collection (from any entity) is a huge invasion of privacy. Companies like Google and agencies like the NSA are harvesting data on millions of innocent people daily. Google tries to justify this by claiming that the information is anonymous, but that's a completely ridiculous statement. They know exactly who you are. The NSA tries to justify this by claiming that what they're doing is in the interest of the United States, but how many terrorists have they caught? Not many, if any at all. How many innocent people have they stalked needlessly? All of them.

If there's something you REALLY need to hide though, don't ever record it through digital media, and especially don't post it on the internet, regardless of how private or protected you think your personal webspace is.

If there's something that you really need to hide, you shouldn't tell anyone. You shouldn't tell anyone, anywhere. Forget about mentioning it on the Internet. Loose lips sink ships.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 11:53:36

If this were 100% true mass shooters would be stopped before it happened because Google would see their 4chan fuckery on Chrome, right?

Ok byyyye

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 12:44:25

And you guys just keep pretending the Ironfist scandal never happened, lol.

If it wasn't for Edward Snowden and wikileaks, I probably wouldn't be on NG right now.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 12:57:40

At 10/7/15 11:53 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: If this were 100% true mass shooters would be stopped before it happened because Google would see their 4chan fuckery on Chrome, right?

Maybe Google is in league with those shooters by letting them get away with it.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 13:45:10

At 10/7/15 12:57 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/7/15 11:53 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: If this were 100% true mass shooters would be stopped before it happened because Google would see their 4chan fuckery on Chrome, right?
Maybe Google is in league with those shooters by letting them get away with it.

Probably.

When it comes to a competition between Google, Viacom, Disney, and FOX to take over the world, you need to play dirty sometimes.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 20:30:06

When you're using an 8 year old ThinkPad it doesn't matter

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 20:36:17

Maybe I'm misreading what you said, but if you're saying you believe people are using surveilance data from your mic to steal plot or dialogue ideas for the shows that you're watching, that's paranoid delusion for sure. That said, I sometimes wonder about the predictive text when I use Google search on my phone cuz I can't think of a specific example, but I seem to recall times where it was something that had only been said out loud by someone and not related to searches I'd made. The creepiness outweighs the convenience if there's any truth to that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 21:22:29

At 10/7/15 08:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Maybe I'm misreading what you said, but if you're saying you believe people are using surveilance data from your mic to steal plot or dialogue ideas for the shows that you're watching, that's paranoid delusion for sure.

This is why I'm killing myself. Because this is all anyone will ever believe, and there is nothing I can do about it.

You don't know what a "paranoid delusion" is or isn't.

None of you does. You read about it in a book and the TV reinforces the standard you learned.

"If anyone says that there are people of any importance plotting about them specifically to ruin their lives, that's never true. People of low social status are always CRAZY and WRONG when they say people of high social status have done something to them specifically."

All I'll ever be, because of what they've done, and you fucking dipshits laugh and just want to kick me around or spit out the ad for "mental help" you've been trained to say by everything they've paid to have you see and hear.

This whole thread. This is all I face when I try to tell anyone what's happened.

I don't know WHY they did it. I was an easy target. No friends. Recent personal tragedies. History of psychiatric treatment (for "depression", because I believed their marketing and thought I was SICK for being sad about my social status back in fucking HIGH SCHOOL).

I show you where to find the evidence that this level of surveillance is possible without any special equipment, and I'm still insane.

Yes, NETFLIX. To the guy who said it. You won't believe that, because you won't believe that anything you see anywhere that matters could have been made to mock someone who wasn't involved with it. That's an assumption.

If it happened to you, you'd get it.

There's nothing worth saying to anyone anymore. You'll laugh when I'm dead. I'll be a fucking joke, just as I am now, and everyone who did these things-- those same people making the things you watch for fun-- will get their big laugh and have their big celebratory victory orgy or whatever they do when they've taken someone out successfully. My dog will be sad, but everyone else will forget in a couple weeks. People will send my parents sympathy cards. You will make jokes. People will probably fucking donate money to the very people responsible-- the thoroughly corrupt and generally fraudulent field of psychiatry. "We'll collect money for the CURE for people like him!". Which means more people will be detained and forced to take newly randomly developed mystery drugs just to see what happens until they find the next batch to sell as if it will help people and make them "normal", when no one in their lives understands why they're upset or has the ability to do anything about it. The answer must be a fucking drug. Of course! The problem must be the person who's upset. Not anything happening in their lives. That's IMPOSSIBLE.

The burden's always on me to say it in a way others will believe. And there's no way to say it that doesn't involve people partially responsible for the content in mainstream media presentations using surveillance data to mock me and reference me in their work, in ways no one will ever believe are specific enough for me to be anything but "confused" and "mentally ill", so that nothing I say is taken seriously and I'm ostracized from society on every level.

Maybe it was funded by UGI. They destroyed my home and paid off my lawyer to pressure me into a shit settlement before the facts of the case came out and anyone knew they didn't scent their fucking gas. There was a sniffer truck there the night before it happened. It wasn't just an accident. It was avoidable. It was their fault. Now they want me silent. That lawyer is ostensibly dead now. I think he faked his death to avoid being sued for legal malpractice. I can't prove anything.

Maybe it was one of the doctors I've seen since. Maybe the one who didn't look at the fucking picture of the CT scan and dug down my urethra with a fucking camera and a knife, through a tube, to insert stents into my bladder, crookedly in a way that would make me piss syrupy cola-looking bloody urine and experience extreme pain, <blink>FOR NO REASON</blink>. Or the guy who pulled them out and cut the inside of the head of my dick.

When I cum, it only oozes now. There's little or no squirt. I never got to cum on a girl's face. I likely never will unless I hire a prostitute.

Is that too personal? I don't care. I'm leaving. I'm not spending indefinite years on this planet as a fucking crazy person with no rights, getting kicked around and mocked everywhere (specifically or just by virtue of the label) by all of you FUCKING eachother and traveling around making things of yourselves and feeling like you know shit and you're better than me by some natural fucking force of superiority. Like it wasn't people teaming up to fuck me over and ruin my life.

Because nobody on the Internet likes to just ruin peoples lives by teaming up on them for fun. That shit doesn't happen. Not to people with no friends. Not to people who can't handle it. And if it did, it would be on TV, and you'd know about it, and you'd know all of who was involved, because the authorities would find everyone and you'd know from the full list of people the news provided to you who had any connection to the shit you see on TV or the web.

Everything is fucking gone. This is what there is now. I just wish I could watch all of you lose everything too and have no one to turn to. I wish you were afraid like me. I wish you could understand, but there was no one around you who you could talk to without getting this same fucking reaction. No one believes you. Everyone believes what they learned by listening to the culture created by the people who are doing what you're saying they do.

At first they tried to make me believe it was something good. And I was stupid. I'm a stupid person. I believed it. I didn't know any better. I didn't know what they were like. You probably would too. It's humiliating. All of this is. But it's all there is. There's never going to be an answer. An excuse. A conclusion that doesn't end with everyone believing I'm just insane, and I'm still alone while all the people out there who did this are comfortably fucking away in bliss, enjoying what they've done.

There's nothing I can say to any of you. I'm wasting my time. It's just a laugh or an opportunity for you to spill out the garbage you've memorized about what types of sentences mean what types of "disorders" you were told exist.

You don't know anything. I hate all of this. There's nothing good out there. Everything good is just a fucking illusion or it's reserved for the kind of people I'm not. For me, there's nothing. I hate you. I wish I could personally destroy everything for everyone before I go. But I can't. There's nothing I can do. There's fucking nothing. Nothing.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 22:06:27

At 10/7/15 09:22 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote:
At 10/7/15 08:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Maybe I'm misreading what you said, but if you're saying you believe people are using surveilance data from your mic to steal plot or dialogue ideas for the shows that you're watching, that's paranoid delusion for sure.
This is why I'm killing myself.

Don't do that. I wasn't making fun of you. It's just a very out there thing to think anyone with access to such information would use it for that, or thay anyone who'd use it for that would have access to it. To me, something else is definitely more likely.

There's nothing worth saying to anyone anymore. You'll laugh when I'm dead. I'll be a fucking joke, just as I am now, and everyone who did these things-- those same people making the things you watch for fun-- will get their big laugh and have their big celebratory victory orgy or whatever they do when they've taken someone out successfully. My dog will be sad, but everyone else will forget in a couple weeks. People will send my parents sympathy cards. You will make jokes.

I would not find that shit funny and hate to think anybody would expect me to.

You don't know anything. I hate all of this. There's nothing good out there. Everything good is just a fucking illusion or it's reserved for the kind of people I'm not. For me, there's nothing. I hate you. I wish I could personally destroy everything for everyone before I go. But I can't. There's nothing I can do. There's fucking nothing. Nothing.

I mean, I wouldn't fault people for not believing things like this everytime someone on the internet has stories like this. I'm sorry. I hope you don't do any harm to yourself.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-07 22:37:38

What was done to you and by who?

I'm reading your post history right now and it does make me think you're having schizophrenic episodes. I do know a handful of schizophrenics in real life. But if you're saying you're not, I'll listen to what you have to say before you go. Can you start before you were Baker Acted?

Just an 02er.

At 10/7/15 10:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 10/7/15 09:22 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote:
This is why I'm killing myself.
Don't do that. I wasn't making fun of you. It's just...

Not because of your comment specifically. Don't shit your pants.

Not because of being made fun of. Because something has transpired that's been very difficult for me, and the only people who believe that anything has happened at all are the people who've done it, and they're not coming clean. They're the ones who did it. Everyone else believes I'm insane and imagined everything, because the thought of the people responsible really doing anything to anyone as unimportant as me is so far out for them that it's more likely the problem is just my brain and my perspective on everything is just flat out WRONG, because they only believe the view that's consistent with the way the TV presents it.

The only people who can understand are other people they've done this to. I'm fairly certain it's been happening to people for decades. The "diagnosis" you know of, and all its criteria, are written to facilitate it. It says in the BOOK that anyone who says anything on the TV or radio is about them or that anyone working in or around the entertainment business has done anything to them is experiencing delusional psychosis, so because the book says it, no matter how many people complain of it, it must be what the book says. They must ALL be WRONG. Because that could NEVER happen.

No one with billions of dollars and professional television equipment would abuse their power to team up on someone who wasn't so well off just for shits and giggles! That's INCONCEIVABLE!

The hot young writing talent the TV and web people are fundamentally different from the people meeting up on 8chan to plan harassment campaigns against vulnerable targets. Nobody lies on their writing resumé. Nobody steals shit from hacked computers to get hired as interns and abuses the position to harass the people they stole their shit from.

IMPOSSIBLE.

If any of that were happening, the people doing it would do it in such a way as to make it easy to be caught, and I wouldn't look like a crazy person like they planned.

Gaslighting doesn't exist. That's a word like "conspiracy". There aren't conspiracies. Nobody with the money and power to do so ever works together. There is no media cartel. There is no Bohemian Grove. Anyone who says anyone with any money or notoriety has done anything is wrong unless all the media outlets cover the story, at which point it's absolutely true no matter what. Or you wouldn't have heard about it.

"omg no one believes ur egocentric conspiracy that it's all about u, so you're gonna kill urself. lol ur stupid".

Still not fucking getting it. And no one ever will. I'll never be anything but crazy for as long as I live, so my life is a dead end now, no matter what I do. I don't care to land a shitty job just to hang on to my vantage point from this dead-end looking out at a world I'm not part of-- seeing people come in with their friends and head out to go fuck and laugh and fuck and laugh together-- hanging on waiting for life to start, to pick up where it left off years ago and to be a full-fledged person again among others, and get to do the same things they get to do together--but knowing it's never coming. Swallowing down my anger and resentment every day to put on a supportive and friendly face as if I don't mind being left out and alone in a life of nothing but servitude in exchange for the food and shelter to support continued fucking servitude-- while the slippery, giggly, pumping thrusting thoroughly alive young garbage frolics by to gather its party supplies.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-08 00:26:01

I think you should try not watching any TV or listening to any radio or a while. Just read books. If you feel like the authors are talking about you, then you know it's something you should see a doctor for.

If somebody is listening to you and trying to steal your ideas, then just stay silent about things you're coming up with. If somebody is stealing things from your computer, switch to a paper notebook.

Just an 02er.

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-08 00:36:26

At 10/7/15 12:44 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: And you guys just keep pretending the Ironfist scandal never happened, lol.

Fuck you, you dumb piece of shit. You got tricked by a bunch of little spammer kids, fucking retard.

If it wasn't for Edward Snowden and wikileaks, I probably wouldn't be on NG right now.

Well golly gee I should send Mr Snowden a cake and a card or something what a nice fellow

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

i think google chrome is pretty gay

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-08 04:30:30

Heaven forbid they hear me hum along to music as I jam on my headphones. Or talk in a high-pitch voice to my cat, how embarrass...

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Google Chrome taps your room 2015-10-08 10:04:17

At 10/8/15 12:36 AM, Shikamarana wrote: Fuck you, you dumb piece of shit. You got tricked by a bunch of little spammer kids, fucking retard.

You're right. It's completely my fault that I've been warning everyone about this actively happening for years and now you guys act all shocked when they no longer bother keeping it a secret. I had been inactive for months dodging Ironfist, but yeah, I got phished... you know, when I wasn't online. Because that happens. Wait. That never happens. I got backdoored via my gmail account... which is owned by Google... which also owns Chrome...

But yeah, I'm totally making it all up and I'm just very, very stupid. Stupid enough to warp the basic laws of cause and effect, apparently.

Well golly gee I should send Mr Snowden a cake and a card or something what a nice fellow

If I had any of my Ironfist money left I would totally do that.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature