00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

LGBT community

2,740 Views | 32 Replies

LGBT community 2015-09-30 20:23:30

It would be silly for me to think that homosexuals, bisexuals etc. shouldn’t be allowed to do what they want. They aren’t hurting anyone else and they should be allowed to do their thing with each other just as much as everyone else. However, as a heterosexual male (some heterosexuals don’t feel the same way, some do), I am allowed to be grossed out by homosexuality. I am entitled to feel this way if it’s how I really feel. They should be allowed to do what they want, but I am allowed to think it’s gross. Just like if you were to see an 18 year old guy make out with a 90-year-old woman, you may rightfully think that’s disgusting too. And you are entitled to feel that way. But to the LGBT community, by thinking gay people making out is disgusting is being a bigoted, homophobic asshole. Just because I am grossed out by a certain group that just happened to be oppressed for centuries doesn’t mean I hate them. It’s common sense. But to think, like I said, an 18-year-old guy making out with a 90-year-old woman is gross, that’s not being hateful according to these people, but being grossed out by two guys kissing is. The reality of it is that neither are hateful, and it is a blatant hypocrisy by these idiots who just refuse to use their heads.

As much as this radical leftist group refuses to admit it, they are exactly the same as their rival group, the religious conservatives. They hate religious conservatives because religious people force you to obey and follow their rules they made up, and tell you it’s the right way. Their group is composed of brainwashed followers that follow these rules because they are told to do so by their cult leaders. So while these religious conservatives follow the religious way, the liberal leftists follow the new, trendy way. The thing is, both are followers. Both are brainwashed and don’t use their heads. Neither of them take a step outside the box and analyze things themselves; instead they blindly follow the group that they are a part of. This is why they are so out of proportion when it comes to these issues. If they hear anything other than “gay people are wonderful” or anything like that, it automatically translates in their mind to “I hate gays and I am a bigoted homophobe”. Why do they blindly follow with a group? Because it’s easier. In human society it is just easier to conform because you have a giant group backing you up. Individual opinions and dissonant voices aren’t tolerated. If you establish your own opinion that doesn’t relate to either side, you get scorned for it. This is why people choose sides.

This is why the LGBT community are full of hateful idiots. While they scorn religion for being blind followers that don't think for themselves, they are blind followers themselves. Let me remind you that since this is my personal reason for hating religion, I hate the LGBT community or any radical leftist for that reason as well, just as much. I am allowed to think gay sex is disgusting just like you can find sex between 2 strange demographics disgusting as well. As long as I’m not against people doing it, I am not hateful.

Thoughts?

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 20:28:59

At 9/30/15 08:25 PM, dem0lecule wrote: I'm not discriminating, BUT...

I am discussing my hatred towards the radicals that go overboard while fighting for this cause, not the actual gay people.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 20:32:53

You forgot to add a Q and an A. That's the latest version I've seen floating around the net.

As long as they don't add another 'B' or 'P', I only care that they respect my choices as I would respect theirs. Obviously, as long as the choices don't adversely effect someone else. Then it becomes a problem.

In the end, the LGBTQA community is simply a group that has overlapping goals, with wide space for political shades from reasonable to batshit crazy. People are people, flaws and virtues are part and parcel.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 20:58:13

At 9/30/15 08:32 PM, someaveragechap wrote: You forgot to add a Q and an A. That's the latest version I've seen floating around the net.

How many groups are they gonna add to their community? Are they just forming a band with every "non-mainstream" identity there could be out there?

Furries are next, I bet.

Enter your signature text...

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 21:00:31

At 9/30/15 08:58 PM, DraxoBox wrote: How many groups are they gonna add to their community? Are they just forming a band with every "non-mainstream" identity there could be out there?
Furries are next, I bet.

Maybe one day they'll just call themselves the Alphabet soup.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 21:01:12

Rock on dude!

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 21:35:41

When I was 16 my mother was doing voluntary work with the LGBT community while working on her Bachelor's.
She convinced my little brother that he "might be a female in a male's body" and explained to me over the phone (I was living in Florida, away from that monster), that he might be undergoing some "changes" soon.
First off, you don't plant a seed like that in a 12 year old's mind
Second off, the fact she was working in the LGBT community and has two perfectly straight sons.. That would have benefited her at the time and given her leverage if she had a transgendered son.

My mother almost ruined my little brother's life.

Despite all this and the confusing feelings I had about all this at the time, I remain unbiased and tolerant of the LGBT community.
I know prejudice for their community and the issues I was having with my family aren't completely related, but it did scare the shit out of me and cause very confused and at times very angry feelings towards the LGBT community, but here as an adult I remain tolerant.

That being said, it grosses me out. Sorry it just does, it's weird to me, but I believe gay people have that right to explore that.. weirdness..

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 22:07:30

At 9/30/15 08:23 PM, mothballs wrote: I am allowed to be grossed out by homosexuality

I have never been so raped in my entire life. Take it back, shitlord, or I will bring the full weight of myself and my Tumblr sisters down upon you like a pod of blue whales falling on a newborn kitten. You will have no peace in this life nor the next as my banshee-like wails melt the inside of your brain like a melon in a microwave. You had better learn some tolerance and spread your asscheeks so that the long, dark cock of Darnell, our black trans-oriental paraplegic midget fryingpansexual cuck-machine, can inject a healthy dose of privilege checking into your bleeding anus.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 22:37:58 (edited 2015-09-30 22:39:20)

At 9/30/15 08:23 PM, mothballs wrote: It would be silly for me to think that homosexuals, bisexuals etc. shouldn’t be allowed to do what they want. They aren’t hurting anyone else and they should be allowed to do their thing with each other just as much as everyone else. However, as a heterosexual male (some heterosexuals don’t feel the same way, some do), I am allowed to be grossed out by homosexuality.

You are allowed to be grossed out. Though they may try, I think the libs will have a pretty difficult time enacting any laws prohibiting you from feeling a certain way about anything.

I am entitled to feel this way if it’s how I really feel. They should be allowed to do what they want, but I am allowed to think it’s gross.

You are allowed to think it's gross, and they are allowed to do what they want as long as what they're doing is not illegal. In many places in the US, public lewdness is still illegal, so lewd acts (whether they involve homosexuals or not) may still be prohibited depending on the location where said acts take place.

Just like if you were to see an 18 year old guy make out with a 90-year-old woman, you may rightfully think that’s disgusting too. And you are entitled to feel that way. But to the LGBT community, by thinking gay people making out is disgusting is being a bigoted, homophobic asshole.

Who gives a shit what the LGBT community thinks? You still have every legal right to feel the way you do. Their opinion isn't going to change that.

Just because I am grossed out by a certain group that just happened to be oppressed for centuries doesn’t mean I hate them. It’s common sense. But to think, like I said, an 18-year-old guy making out with a 90-year-old woman is gross, that’s not being hateful according to these people, but being grossed out by two guys kissing is. The reality of it is that neither are hateful, and it is a blatant hypocrisy by these idiots who just refuse to use their heads.

So what's your point? Why do you give a shit what they think?

As much as this radical leftist group refuses to admit it, they are exactly the same as their rival group, the religious conservatives. They hate religious conservatives because religious people force you to obey and follow their rules they made up, and tell you it’s the right way.

That's a false blanket statement. Most religious people in this country don't try to force anyone to obey their religion's laws. They just go about their everyday lives believing whatever they believe. The only people who do actually try to force others to obey the rules of their faith are religious extremists, who are a marginal group making up only a tiny fraction of all religious people living in the US.

Their group is composed of brainwashed followers that follow these rules because they are told to do so by their cult leaders. So while these religious conservatives follow the religious way, the liberal leftists follow the new, trendy way. The thing is, both are followers. Both are brainwashed and don’t use their heads. Neither of them take a step outside the box and analyze things themselves; instead they blindly follow the group that they are a part of. This is why they are so out of proportion when it comes to these issues. If they hear anything other than “gay people are wonderful” or anything like that, it automatically translates in their mind to “I hate gays and I am a bigoted homophobe”. Why do they blindly follow with a group? Because it’s easier. In human society it is just easier to conform because you have a giant group backing you up. Individual opinions and dissonant voices aren’t tolerated. If you establish your own opinion that doesn’t relate to either side, you get scorned for it. This is why people choose sides.

Again, why do you give a shit what other people believe? Let them believe whatever they want. Their beliefs do not affect you.

This is why the LGBT community are full of hateful idiots. While they scorn religion for being blind followers that don't think for themselves, they are blind followers themselves. Let me remind you that since this is my personal reason for hating religion, I hate the LGBT community or any radical leftist for that reason as well, just as much. I am allowed to think gay sex is disgusting just like you can find sex between 2 strange demographics disgusting as well. As long as I’m not against people doing it, I am not hateful.

Thoughts?

While I certainly agree that liberals are generally stupid and hypocritical, this is a meaningless rant and you are focusing entirely on the wrong things. I think you should focus instead on actual legislation that inhibits your rights as a US citizen, rather than things you have no control over such as what other people do or don't believe.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 22:52:11

At 9/30/15 08:58 PM, DraxoBox wrote:
At 9/30/15 08:32 PM, someaveragechap wrote: You forgot to add a Q and an A. That's the latest version I've seen floating around the net.
How many groups are they gonna add to their community?

One acronym which I've been hearing lately, that I actually kind of like, is GSRM: Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minority.

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 22:59:05 (edited 2015-09-30 23:01:56)

OP apparently had a label reading 'shake well before use' when he was born if he thinks gays wanting equal rights is the same as religions wanting to restrict people's rights.

Religion has long been an institution for oppression and the difference is nobody is saying 'Hey Mothballs you have to marry a man now', while for a long time the Catholic church has been saying 'Hey you have to follow the laws of our church even if you aren't a believer, you can't get married", you fucking idiotic sack of shit.

I wish your dad had been gay so this thread wasn't made.

You're entitled to not personally like gay sex, obviously, but nobody made you the objective measure of 'what demographics can fuck?", and for good reason. You've got as many brain cells as you have ears.

Please accept this gift:

LGBT community

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 23:06:17 (edited 2015-09-30 23:07:03)

At 9/30/15 10:52 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 9/30/15 08:58 PM, DraxoBox wrote:
How many groups are they gonna add to their community?
One acronym which I've been hearing lately, that I actually kind of like, is GSRM: Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minority.

Most of it's bull shit. But this isn't so bad-
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/9/20/5/enhanced-buzz-24843-1379668273-8.jpg
What i can't handle is this shit -
http://orig04.deviantart.net/e45d/f/2014/108/f/3/lgbt_community_flag_gradients_by_lovemystarfire-d7exrkx.jpg
http://img01.deviantart.net/8fbb/i/2014/278/b/0/lgbt_community_terminology_and_flags_by_lovemystarfire-d7et5c6.jpg
http://img06.deviantart.net/7135/i/2014/276/4/0/gender_symbols_by_caaloba-d81ds6u.png

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-09-30 23:12:11

At 9/30/15 11:06 PM, poinl wrote: What i can't handle is this shit -
http://orig04.deviantart.net/e45d/f/2014/108/f/3/lgbt_community_flag_gradients_by_lovemystarfire-d7exrkx.jpg
http://img01.deviantart.net/8fbb/i/2014/278/b/0/lgbt_community_terminology_and_flags_by_lovemystarfire-d7et5c6.jpg
http://img06.deviantart.net/7135/i/2014/276/4/0/gender_symbols_by_caaloba-d81ds6u.png

I want to believe those fall under Poe's Law so bad. But they're serious right? Those aren't stealth parodies?

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 06:11:31

My views about LGBT has moderated over the years but overall I am not a big fan of it and still will not be. During the 2008 election I had a very bad experience with LGBT and LGBT friendly people as they viciously attacked my views when I did not agree with them. Coming from a religious background I still believe in it being immoral but I am not going to be like WBC and tell them all to go to hell. If they want to have hot sausage fests then they can do it all they want. Just keep it away from me, don't throw it in my face, and don't be a douche about it either.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 07:06:48

At 9/30/15 10:59 PM, Suprememessage wrote: OP apparently had a label reading 'shake well before use' when he was born if he thinks gays wanting equal rights is the same as religions wanting to restrict people's rights.

OP is apparently saying that by socially shaming him, the queer community is trying to restrict his right to be grossed by them or their sexual actions, although he is fine with them and is not himself for suppressing them.

Religion has long been an institution for oppression and the difference is nobody is saying 'Hey Mothballs you have to marry a man now', while for a long time the Catholic church has been saying 'Hey you have to follow the laws of our church even if you aren't a believer, you can't get married", you fucking idiotic sack of shit.

OP never mentioned history of church or called out some gay inquisition. Nowadays many christian churches are making steps into embracing the queer community, though most of them still shame them, just like what OP said the queer community is doing to him.

I wish your dad had been gay so this thread wasn't made.

Wish you weren't such a pile of sticks and stopped misinterpreting stuff and absorb only the things you want from an entire wall of text, just to use an unfunny opening line.

You're entitled to not personally like gay sex, obviously, but nobody made you the objective measure of 'what demographics can fuck?", and for good reason. You've got as many brain cells as you have ears.

And another misinterpretation followed by an unfunny closing line...

Please accept this gift:

Oh look hilariousness continues strong.

I haven't stated any opinions above, only about how funny I find your comments. The rest is explaining you what you don't get combined with some mild insults.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 07:17:08

I think the general consensus is it's fine to like the same gender but it's a big no-no to push their own values down other people's throats.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 08:21:37

TL:DNTR

Shut the fuck up mothballs.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 08:33:17

At 9/30/15 11:06 PM, poinl wrote: What i can't handle is this shit -

The last one with the arrows. LOL

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 15:07:51

All this is normal logic.

To be honest, I don't this subject really merits that wall of text. If you think gays should do as they please, that's great, man.

If you don't like gays making out, fine. I'm sure there is some gays who think the reverse is gross.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-01 21:07:54

At 9/30/15 11:12 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
I want to believe those fall under Poe's Law so bad. But they're serious right? Those aren't stealth parodies?

If they are, then they aren't far off from the real thing. The parodies are usually even crazier.

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 01:46:55

At 10/1/15 07:17 AM, Radaketor wrote: I think the general consensus is it's fine to like the same gender but it's a big no-no to push their own values down other people's throats.

Religion.

LGBT community

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 01:55:20 (edited 2015-10-02 01:55:37)

At 10/2/15 01:46 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 10/1/15 07:17 AM, Radaketor wrote: I think the general consensus is it's fine to like the same gender but it's a big no-no to push their own values down other people's throats.
Religion.

I think you can convince someone to change mind about something(sadly doesn't work for the terminally stupid), not their sexuality. Didn't the people who made that whole thing about 'Praying away the gay' admit that the whole thing was a total fucking failure? Though there's still some groups that insist it works. RAEG.

LGBT community

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 02:36:47 (edited 2015-10-02 02:37:46)

At 10/2/15 01:55 AM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 10/2/15 01:46 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Religion.
I think you can convince someone to change mind about something(sadly doesn't work for the terminally stupid), not their sexuality. Didn't the people who made that whole thing about 'Praying away the gay' admit that the whole thing was a total fucking failure? Though there's still some groups that insist it works. RAEG.

Oh I was just making that reply because the person said about how it is generally accepted that people can like what they want as long as they don't push it on others, which is the thing religions never stop refusing to keep doing. Thought it would be funny and ironic to point out.

But yea, if actually mentioning people can attempt to change who they are by praying for it or whatever they are fucking idiots. You had that hack of a "psychologist" in America who made money from getting parents to take their gay children to him so he could apparently stop them being gay. Still claims it worked yet everyone else agrees the total lack of evidence coupled with his "clients" hating the way they were treated by him and returning to liking who they are naturally make it blatantly clear how bullshit it was. Then you had the people before him trying to electrocute children to stop them being gay.....again didn't work, just tortured children for no reason. These people are vile.

Oh fun note I have had someone "pray for me" due to me being gay......just take a minute to think about the notion of praying for this. IF you believe a God made us who we are, then he therefore made me gay (or bisexual idk or care tbh) so let us ignore for a moment the obvious bullshit notion of there being a God who purposefully made roughly 10% of his creations to be "morally evil" to quote the pope. Let us instead focus on the notion of God making me gay right? So this person prays TO God, which is basically an act of a human claiming to have a direct line to God and saying that this almighty being they believe in should listen to their petty little shit which is one hell of an arrogant claim. But again let us ignore the fact of how arrogant praying is and focus on this situation.

So God makes me gay right? And this person is telling God "What you did here isn't right my Lord, you best change this now and make this person straight or else." If I was this hypothetical God I would go down there and slap their face. Telling them to shut the fuck up. My world my rule, fucking asshole. That is effectively what praying to make a change is. Telling your apparently almighty being you believe in that you know better than them and that they should change something for your petty little mortal self. No wonder their hypothetical God doesn't do shit as he has to listen to all this arrogant shit all day from people claiming they know better.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 02:46:26

At 9/30/15 09:35 PM, PussyShark wrote: That being said, it grosses me out. Sorry it just does, it's weird to me, but I believe gay people have that right to explore that.. weirdness..

Didn't you say you kissed a gay dude once? If it grossed you out I don't think you'd do that. I mean yeah there's different levels of sexual exploration and all that, and kissing's pretty mild, but that's still at least a little bit bi. Even if you tried it to see if you'd like it, and it happened you didn't like it, that's still a bit bi-curious at the very least.

At 9/30/15 10:37 PM, DJ-Ri wrote: That's a false blanket statement. Most religious people in this country don't try to force anyone to obey their religion's laws. They just go about their everyday lives believing whatever they believe. The only people who do actually try to force others to obey the rules of their faith are religious extremists, who are a marginal group making up only a tiny fraction of all religious people living in the US.

I think you underestimate just how many far right-wing religious extremists there are in this country and the full extent of exactly what they want to do with America. Maybe not where you live. Maybe not anywhere near you. But much of the south is overrun with them. Door-to-door, constant protests, interfering with peoples rights, and so on and so forth. I guarantee there are many suicides as a direct result of completely intolerant, hateful religious groups and those unfortunate enough to be born into such groups but yet not believe as they do or have lifestyles incompatible with those of the groups. Because while I'm all about letting everyone make up their own minds and believe what they want to provided they're not harming others, but I am completely against those who would force their religious beliefs onto everyone, including via force of law.

Again, why do you give a shit what other people believe? Let them believe whatever they want. Their beliefs do not affect you.

I think he cares because their beliefs *do* affect him, because it's not merely about having beliefs but about restricting and enforcing what others are allowed to do, and that is exactly how the extreme right-wing operates. You can't live your life as per normal because they won't let you as they constantly interfere and that's just not right. And that seems to be what he takes issue with.

While I certainly agree that liberals are generally stupid and hypocritical, this is a meaningless rant and you are focusing entirely on the wrong things. I think you should focus instead on actual legislation that inhibits your rights as a US citizen, rather than things you have no control over such as what other people do or don't believe.

But I think those are the things he is focusing on, even if he didn't out-and-out say it. It's not merely about differences in beliefs. I am well aware of the abuses of the religious right-wing because I have directly experienced their abuses. I am thinking he has as well. They will outright break the law and try to claim religious immunity and they tend to get away with it. And they will try to change the laws to be in favor of their religious beliefs and against people of other, or no, religions. And they will do everything they can to violate your rights if you don't exactly agree with their beliefs.

And there are plenty of churches like that. Again, maybe not where you live. But they're definitely concentrated in the south and he's very right in that they operate like little cults. I see no difference between these churches and what people generally think of as cults either. You just don't hear about most of them and they don't make national headlines is all.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with LGBT but there you have it. To me, saying "LGBT community" is like saying "straight community" ... it's not really a unified community and doesn't really make a lot of sense to consider it as such. It's just an umbrella term for non-straight people I guess.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 04:19:42

Wait a minute... seeing two men or two women hold hands while walking down the street, sitting on a bench, or simply kissing in a restaurant. Mind you NOT, I repeat NOT making out, just kissing... disgusts you? How about you grow the fuck up and join the real world.

Perhaps I'm missing your point, but your rant seems to have rambled onto lumping people together. Pretty nice how the generalization works here.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 04:31:09 (edited 2015-10-02 04:39:33)

At 10/2/15 02:46 AM, NeonSpider wrote: I think you underestimate just how many far right-wing religious extremists there are in this country and the full extent of exactly what they want to do with America. Maybe not where you live. Maybe not anywhere near you. But much of the south is overrun with them. Door-to-door, constant protests, interfering with peoples rights, and so on and so forth. I guarantee there are many suicides as a direct result of completely intolerant, hateful religious groups and those unfortunate enough to be born into such groups but yet not believe as they do or have lifestyles incompatible with those of the groups. Because while I'm all about letting everyone make up their own minds and believe what they want to provided they're not harming others, but I am completely against those who would force their religious beliefs onto everyone, including via force of law.

These groups do not in any way represent the majority of religious people living in the United States. These extremists are a marginal group. I was addressing the blanket statement that OP made about "religious people" in general.

I think he cares because their beliefs *do* affect him, because it's not merely about having beliefs but about restricting and enforcing what others are allowed to do, and that is exactly how the extreme right-wing operates. You can't live your life as per normal because they won't let you as they constantly interfere and that's just not right. And that seems to be what he takes issue with.

I think OP takes issue with people thinking he's a homophobe for being grossed out by homosexuality. He is only affected by this because he allows it to affect him. I live in San Francisco and encounter these exact sort of people on a daily basis, yet I do not let their views affect me. I simply don't give a shit what they think.

If someone wants to think I'm a homophobe for being grossed out by homosexuality, they are more than welcome to think that. Their opinion of me does not bother me the slightest, and I will continue going about my everyday life as per usual.

Nobody can stop you from going about your normal life without your permission without breaking the law. If they start to physically attack you, stalk you, etc, that's when it's time to take action. If someone doesn't agree with how you feel about a certain issue and thinks you're a homophobe or whatever, that is not something you should be letting affect you. This was the point I was trying to convey to OP in my post.

But I think those are the things he is focusing on, even if he didn't out-and-out say it. It's not merely about differences in beliefs. I am well aware of the abuses of the religious right-wing because I have directly experienced their abuses. I am thinking he has as well. They will outright break the law and try to claim religious immunity and they tend to get away with it. And they will try to change the laws to be in favor of their religious beliefs and against people of other, or no, religions. And they will do everything they can to violate your rights if you don't exactly agree with their beliefs.

OP was complaining about people accusing him of homophobia and made a false blanket statement about how religious people force their views onto others. He didn't mention anyone breaking the law and actually forcing him to do anything at all. He was ranting about other people's views, which I pointed out as being something that is entirely out of his control and does not affect him in any way. Other people's views alone do not affect you unless you allow them to.

And there are plenty of churches like that. Again, maybe not where you live. But they're definitely concentrated in the south and he's very right in that they operate like little cults. I see no difference between these churches and what people generally think of as cults either. You just don't hear about most of them and they don't make national headlines is all.

Again, these are in no way representative of all religious people living in the United States.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with LGBT but there you have it. To me, saying "LGBT community" is like saying "straight community" ... it's not really a unified community and doesn't really make a lot of sense to consider it as such. It's just an umbrella term for non-straight people I guess.

And saying "religious people" is like saying "atheist people." It's just an umbrella term for people who follow some form of religion.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 05:14:16

At 10/2/15 04:31 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: These groups do not in any way represent the majority of religious people living in the United States. These extremists are a marginal group. I was addressing the blanket statement that OP made about "religious people" in general.

I agree, but they do have disproportionate power and many times more moderate religious people turn a blind eye to their abuses because it doesn't directly affect them or because they agree with their core views even if they don't agree with their methods.

I think OP takes issue with people thinking he's a homophobe for being grossed out by homosexuality. He is only affected by this because he allows it to affect him. I live in San Francisco and encounter these exact sort of people on a daily basis, yet I do not let their views affect me. I simply don't give a shit what they think.

If someone wants to think I'm a homophobe for being grossed out by homosexuality, they are more than welcome to think that. Their opinion of me does not bother me the slightest, and I will continue going about my everyday life as per usual.

If you don't like watching people kiss you can always look the other way. It doesn't bother me. If he cares about a perception and not about an action against him then, yes, that's a bit silly.

Nobody can stop you from going about your normal life without your permission without breaking the law. If they start to physically attack you, stalk you, etc, that's when it's time to take action.

Many groups will break the law though. Even of those which don't, they oftentimes try to see exactly how far they can go and stay barely legal, often strictly on technicalities, and often where their actions would be illegal in some areas but happen to technically be legal where they operate, or etc... And they actively push to have laws changed in their favor. There is also local government corruption to consider.

Even if a group breaks the law it can be difficult to prove and many people won't speak up because either it didn't affect them or they're scared and they don't want the group to attack them next, and I think look up all you can on cult mentalities and get sort of an idea of the personalities and psychology involved. Everyone will turn against the outcast like a pack of wolves and they'll do anything their leader instructs, legal or not. It's how cults operate. They also cover for each other.

Other people's views alone do not affect you unless you allow them to.

Other people merely having differences of views is okay provided they allow you the same.

Again, these are in no way representative of all religious people living in the United States.

Quite right, but unfortunately they have power in some areas. My problem is not with all religious people. It is with the extremist cult-like sects and with government corruption in their favor in areas in which they operate.

And saying "religious people" is like saying "atheist people." It's just an umbrella term for people who follow some form of religion.

I agree. But I don't have a problem with "religious people" umbrella term. I have a problem with specific groups. In particular, those which operate in a cult-like way and which have heavy influence. You have to understand these are among the most intolerant of all groups.

Those who freely practice their religion without impeding the free exercise of the religious or non-religious lifestyles of others are not those I take issue with.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 05:51:48

I'm not even going to read this thread, but I can tell something bad is going to go down...

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-02 09:07:34

I don't support the LGBT.
I couldn't care less about gays or trans, but a lot of the time they're shoving their ideals down my throat.
this "Politically Correct" stuff is bullshit.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to LGBT community 2015-10-03 03:43:26

At 10/2/15 04:19 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Wait a minute... seeing two men or two women hold hands while walking down the street, sitting on a bench, or simply kissing in a restaurant. Mind you NOT, I repeat NOT making out, just kissing... disgusts you?

No. I think it's strange, but it's not disgusting. But if an 18-year-old guy was telling his co-workers how he was hanging out with his girlfriend, who is a 90-year-old woman, it would be socially acceptable to say it's disgusting. If he was saying how he was hanging out with his boyfriend, it would be socially unacceptable to say it's disgusting. In my opinion it's wrong to say either are disgusting - and if you're a liberal who thinks the guy should be called out if he's talking about his 90-year-old girlfriend, you're completely contradicting your argument of "people should be allowed to do what they want if they aren't hurting anyone else".

The rest of the responses on this thread I will ignore because as I expected the leftists are going crazy and I don't feel like feeding them. Take this response I just wrote, and understand that's basically everything summed up.