00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you support the death penalty?

2,527 Views | 36 Replies

Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 13:59:03

Do you support the death penalty? Explain your answer.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:00:46

Yes. If a piece of shit kills a random innocent man/woman. He should just be killed right away...that also counts for messed up crimes not something like theft.

BBS Signature

I support the death penalty due to humans being too complex to consider rehabilitation.
What I don't support is keeping someone on death row for 17 years. Texas has the right idea, we need to gove those fuckers an express lane.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:11:11

At 9/30/15 02:00 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote: Yes. If a piece of shit kills a random innocent man/woman. He should just be killed right away...that also counts for messed up crimes not something like theft.

awww @DoctorStrongbad had a baby!

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:13:48

At 9/30/15 02:11 PM, PussyShark wrote: awww @DoctorStrongbad had a baby!

Ugh..how many times do people have to say that?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:19:35

Yes

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:22:18

I support the death penalty, but the way our legal system is today we spend enormous amounts of money, you figure there is the investigation, pre-trial/grand jury, main trial, appeal after appeal, and finally if someone exhausts all of their appeals, doesn't die from natural causes, isn't pardoned/has their sentence commuted, then we finally execute them after a long/expensive process. In short, I support an expedited death penalty such that if there is irrefutable evidence of murder or treason we skip most of the steps in the legal system and move straight to the execution, if there is a lack of irrefutable evidence (no DNA evidence/eye witnesses/video evidence/forensics/etc.) then we follow through with our current process.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:23:25

Wooooow, this is a pretty hefty topic. If I'm being honest I'm stunned it wasn't moved to politics. Personally, depending on the crime I'm all for the death penalty. But I'm talking the severe stuff, like being a serial killer. If you just rob a bank with no damage to any and all hostages done other than mental damage, I have no problem with just shoving people in jail. However the moment people start killing, off with their head. And even then, I'm rather forgiving. Say for example you kill someone, but it's proven to be in self defense. At that point, charge them with manslaughter and throw them in jail for 5 to 6 years.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:24:56

At 9/30/15 01:59 PM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.

Explain your answer.

No.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:27:18

At 9/30/15 02:24 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
At 9/30/15 01:59 PM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: Do you support the death penalty?
Yes.

Explain your answer.
No.

I demand an explanation for your refusing to explain.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:29:41

No. Dead people can't pay for their crimes.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:35:11

At 9/30/15 02:27 PM, Link12345123 wrote: I demand an explanation for your refusing to explain.

This is a total bait waiting to happen and really belongs in the shitstorm that is the Politics Forums.

If I were to give my reasoning some schlup is just going to whine how I'm an inhumane, selfish asshole so I'm not wasting my breathe.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:47:49

No.

1. It costs less to sentence someone to life in prison.

2. Death row inmates are exonerated from time to time. No possibly innocent persons should be executed.

3. In cases where there is no doubt of guilt, the justice system is not your revenge fantasy.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:52:35

At 9/30/15 02:35 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
At 9/30/15 02:27 PM, Link12345123 wrote: I demand an explanation for your refusing to explain.
This is a total bait waiting to happen and really belongs in the shitstorm that is the Politics Forums.

If I were to give my reasoning some schlup is just going to whine how I'm an inhumane, selfish asshole so I'm not wasting my breathe.

Lol, guess I should have used a response mood after all. I was just screwing around. Sorry if I pissed you off in any way.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 14:54:56

At 9/30/15 02:13 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote:
At 9/30/15 02:11 PM, PussyShark wrote: awww @DoctorStrongbad had a baby!
Ugh..how many times do people have to say that?

Just look at his stats though bro! His e-penis makes your e-penis look like a toddler's!

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 15:01:19

At 9/30/15 02:52 PM, Link12345123 wrote: Lol, guess I should have used a response mood after all. I was just screwing around. Sorry if I pissed you off in any way.

You didn't, you're not the one that laid down this steamy log of a thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 15:21:30

At 9/30/15 02:54 PM, PussyShark wrote: Just look at his stats though bro! His e-penis makes your e-penis look like a toddler's!

I just registered a few days ago...what do you expect?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 15:30:59

I do not. It is generally more costly than having a prisoner serve a life sentence. I don't believe the federal or state government should have the authority to formally kill its own citizens, either. There is also a notable chance that the prisoner is completely innocent of the crime they were convicted of.

While I don't believe it works for everyone, I am a strong supporter of rehabilitation programs, as well as a general reformation of the prison system.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 16:09:33

No, because no matter what. No human being has the right to choose who lives and who dies.
Capital punishment is a outdated and an illogical way of dealing with criminals.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 16:26:54

At 9/30/15 03:21 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote:
At 9/30/15 02:54 PM, PussyShark wrote: Just look at his stats though bro! His e-penis makes your e-penis look like a toddler's!
I just registered a few days ago...what do you expect?

Idk, change your name and theme to something less embarrassing for you maybe? Hey of you like being some else's beta male bitch then whatever I guess, everyone's got their "thing" and I'm not judging.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 16:35:16

At 9/30/15 04:26 PM, PussyShark wrote: Idk, change your name and theme to something less embarrassing for you maybe? Hey of you like being some else's beta male bitch then whatever I guess, everyone's got their "thing" and I'm not judging.

Since when is being a fan of a cartoon being some else's "bitch".... yeah I guess naming yourself Pussy isn't embarassing at all ...is it?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 16:59:48

At 9/30/15 04:35 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote:
At 9/30/15 04:26 PM, PussyShark wrote: Idk, change your name and theme to something less embarrassing for you maybe? Hey of you like being some else's beta male bitch then whatever I guess, everyone's got their "thing" and I'm not judging.
Since when is being a fan of a cartoon being some else's "bitch"....

Hey whatever man like I said I'm not judging. You like being someone's lesser, whatever.

yeah I guess naming yourself Pussy isn't embarassing at all ...is it?

I am what I eat (;

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 17:56:52

"What did he do?"
"He killed"
"Kill him back"

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Morally? I don't have any objections to the death penalty. If you murder more then two people, you're a pretty shitty human being. Note: I said murder, not kill. If you don't understand the difference, a professional soldier in a combat zone is a potential killer. If he discharges his weapon in a battle, he kills. If the same person were back home and shot someone in the face after getting in a shouting match with him, he's a murderer. Circumstances matter.

Practically? There's not much difference between life in prison and the death penalty, except that the death penalty turns out to cost a bit more.

There's also the pesky fact that death by lethal injection is getting harder, due to businesses not wanting to supply it. At least one state is considering about bringing back the firing squad option. Utah I think?

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 18:15:08

At 9/30/15 02:29 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Dead people can't pay for their crimes.

I bet you have no idea what it's like to be dragged to someplace where you're absolutely afraid to go.

Whether it be the gallows, torture chamber, or a deep, dark pit full of spiders/snakes/clowns. You will be kicking and screaming.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

At 9/30/15 06:15 PM, Painbringer wrote: I bet you have no idea what it's like to be dragged to someplace where you're absolutely afraid to go.

Whether it be the gallows, torture chamber, or a deep, dark pit full of spiders/snakes/clowns. You will be kicking and screaming.

And then once you die, you won't have to pay for your crimes anymore. With life imprisonment, you'll be paying for it until you die of old age.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 19:55:23

At 9/30/15 02:00 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote: Yes. If a piece of shit kills a random innocent man/woman. He should just be killed right away...that also counts for messed up crimes not something like theft.

that is if it is not 3rd degree.

Happy Posting!

BBS Signature

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 20:06:32

At 9/30/15 04:35 PM, SawedOffKiller wrote:
At 9/30/15 04:26 PM, PussyShark wrote:
Since when is being a fan of a cartoon being some else's "bitch"....

I think it's less being someone's bitch and more like being the little half of Master Blaster. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Do you support the death penalty?

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 20:40:02

My opinions are mixed.

First of all, to those of you who don't support the death penalty. Do you support the meat industry senselessly slaughtering innocent animals, who undergo tremendous pain and lose the right to natural life? I won't say any more. (inb4 angry meat eater attempting to convince himself and others that he's not a bad person for supporting it)

As far as my views go, they are mixed. The government does a lot of things to screw people over, but the government forcing you to die is a little extreme. Unless you did something absolutely heinous, which in America you definitely don't need to do to get a harsh sentence, I think it's extreme considering your survival instincts will kick in, and most death penalty methods are extremely painful and inhumane. Just to rub it in, you'll be sitting on the death row for years, to make the process mentally torturous as well as physical.

But, I can guarantee you that most prisoners that have been given life sentences or close to life sentences would have much rather been given the death penalty. As much as everyone will refuse to admit it, prison is literally so bad that most of those guys attempt suicide every single day but survival instincts and a lack of resources for a proper method make it very difficult. For the government to make it easy on the person and put him to death, preventing him from dealing with the mental and physical torture of prison for the rest of his life, that is something most prisoners do want.

I know if I were to be given a life sentence, I would much rather get the death penalty. Anyone who disagrees with that has either never been to prison or doesn't know how bad it really is there.

Response to Do you support the death penalty? 2015-09-30 23:30:19

I'm happy to see the amount of responses this topic has gotten. Now, let me say that personally I support the death penalty, as long as the person being executed is truly innocent, and doesn't spend almost all or all of their lives on death row before actually being executed. And it doesn't need to be expensive. I'd say hanging is a very humane method of execution. As well as the guillotine. Besides, the person being executed (as long as they're guilty) probably deserves even worse punishment, so I don't care if they feel pain. Their crimes weren't humane. I'm sick of all these bleeding heart liberal pussies.

Anyways, there's my opinion about it. Thank you all, I appreciate it. Discuss more if you'd like, it's interesting to see what other people think about this topic.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.