00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trump's Tax plan

803 Views | 16 Replies

Trump's Tax plan 2015-09-28 12:51:45

Holy balls in my mouth batman! It's brilliant.

pretty much no tax for the poor schlubs who already dont really pay much in federal taxes to begin with. Lower corporate income tax..

Also the repatriation and one time 10% tax rate for bringing overseas money back may work but i doubt it. Why would anybody with that money want to bring it back when it could go poof due to an EO by the next administration?

Trump's Tax plan

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-09-29 14:27:40

-Cutting taxes for people in the highest bracket from 39.6% down to 25%
-Elimination of the estate tax, which generally only applies to people with a net worth >$5.4 million.
-Lowering the cap on the corporate tax rate from around from 35% to 15%

It's a tax plan that, if it was sustainable, would benefit many classes to varying degrees, but mostly the rich. I think the number to break even was $10 trillion over a few years. And he said that it won't contribute to the national debt. Sounds like an impossible plan to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-09-29 15:52:40

At 9/29/15 02:27 PM, FinaLee wrote: -Cutting taxes for people in the highest bracket from 39.6% down to 25%
-Elimination of the estate tax, which generally only applies to people with a net worth >$5.4 million.
-Lowering the cap on the corporate tax rate from around from 35% to 15%

It's a tax plan that, if it was sustainable, would benefit many classes to varying degrees, but mostly the rich. I think the number to break even was $10 trillion over a few years. And he said that it won't contribute to the national debt. Sounds like an impossible plan to me.

I agree. My favorite analogy is that you dont finance a new car then ask your boss for a pay cut to pay it off.

Cutting taxes is all fine and well. But you still need to meet your bare requirements. And if you're in debt like we are you cant do this. Restructure and streamline the government to cut spending, eliminate or combine redundant agencies, close loop holes; reallocate some of that military budget to infrastructure, public safety, and veteran aid. I do agree on tariffs on imports. It shouldn't be cheaper to buy and ship something from across the globe than it is to just make it here... but it is. You cut taxes when they're too high compared to what you need to pull in, not before. Look at Jindal killing Louisiana's economy

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-09-30 19:47:28

At 9/29/15 04:40 AM, UltraAusterity wrote: It sounds better than anything the democrats can come up with.

I agree with this. The more I hear from Donald Trump, the more he has a chance to actually win.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-09-30 19:56:25

At 9/30/15 07:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I agree with this. The more I hear from Donald Trump, the more he has a chance to actually win.

Zero more than zero is still zero.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-01 17:46:18

At 9/30/15 07:56 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 9/30/15 07:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I agree with this. The more I hear from Donald Trump, the more he has a chance to actually win.
Zero more than zero is still zero.

You have been doing hating on Trump since his name was mentioned on here. Did he fire you from a job or something?

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-01 19:10:07

At 10/1/15 05:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You have been doing hating on Trump since his name was mentioned on here. Did he fire you from a job or something?

No. I'm just not an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-01 19:19:45

At 10/1/15 07:10 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 10/1/15 05:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You have been doing hating on Trump since his name was mentioned on here. Did he fire you from a job or something?
No. I'm just not an idiot.

I dont like Trump either, but this isn't really helpful to the discussion. Sling us some perspectives here on why specifically.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-01 20:04:28

At 10/1/15 07:19 PM, MasterStalker wrote: I dont like Trump either, but this isn't really helpful to the discussion. Sling us some perspectives here on why specifically.

Primaries aren't democratic.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-02 01:45:31

At 10/1/15 07:10 PM, Feoric wrote: No. I'm just not an idiot.

If Trump does win you and some other people will be eating crow and humble pie.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-02 23:02:49

At 10/2/15 01:45 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If Trump does win you and some other people will be eating crow and humble pie.

Good thing I don't see it happening. I think people keep getting confused about what stage of the process we're at. He's playing to a small segment of the total national electorate, just like those on the blue side are right now. The difference though is on the side he's playing on anger, railing against the government, and blaming all our problems on foreign interests. It's great for the base, but I still have to believe that when he gets to the big stage that they'll go "oh shit no...just no" and that'll be that.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-04 02:53:15

At 10/3/15 10:00 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Dear Strongbad,

Why do you feel so confident that Trump will win?

Crapfully yours,

-G-Gigaxxx

I would rather see Trump win than another Clinton or Bush.
Also we would actually have an attractive first lady for once. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-06 15:50:15

I swear to god, if Trump actually gets elected, I'm gonna blow my brains out. Ron Paul should be the next president.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-06 17:11:00

At 10/6/15 03:50 PM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: I swear to god, if Trump actually gets elected, I'm gonna blow my brains out.

Many people said the same thing about Obama.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-06 22:46:15

At 10/6/15 05:11 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 10/6/15 03:50 PM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: I swear to god, if Trump actually gets elected, I'm gonna blow my brains out.
Many people said the same thing about Obama.

Yeah, and South Park captured it perfectly the year he beat McCain.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-07 20:52:12

If Donald Trump is going to win he needs more support, and less people bad mouthing him.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's Tax plan 2015-10-08 13:24:38

Trump's concept of money and business is the only thing that he can bring to the US that is good. He'd make a great economic advisor or something of that sort, but his big mouth is gonna get him canned. And his Mexico policy is absurd. Honestly, his tax plan sounds nice, and considering he's rich himself, it's actually quite intelligent of him to propose it. Everything else I've heard is god awful.

Today I learned I'm a pimp and a cool. Upvote me to karma heaven, bitches.

Here's my letterboxd that I don't update.

Here's my IMDb that I update more.