00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you miss flip phones?

2,946 Views | 50 Replies

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 05:14:39

I didn't own a phone until smartphones were a thing so I can't really say I miss them but it would have been cool to have one.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 06:58:29 (edited 2015-09-28 06:59:07)

At 9/28/15 02:34 AM, Lepy wrote: https://youtu.be/T7Qf9FTAXXg?t=39

Can you throw it at a concrete wall without breaking it?

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 07:48:48

At 9/28/15 02:21 AM, rottenray wrote: Actually, Doors Greatest Hits sounds better on 8-track than it does on CD.

Discuss...

dude that's impossible

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 10:43:59

At 9/28/15 04:19 AM, Mismo wrote: If only to again have the opportunity to hang up the phone like a badass.

THIS.
I fucking remember that my first flip phone automatically ended the call if i closed it and got so used to doing that when i got a slider phone the first week whenever i was going to end a call i'd just stare at it trying to remember how normal phones end calls before i'd remember what the red phone symbol did.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 11:55:14

I've had my current flip for 7 years.

That is not a typo.

7 (SEVEN) years.

Same battery. Same screen. Texting intentionally disabled (never text anyone; it's the dumbest shit. if you want to send text, use the goddamn internet like FSM intended)

Internet sucks on tiny screen. Huge screen defeats the purpose of being mobile. Phone is phone. Computer is computer. I like dogs and I like cats, but a dog/cat hybrid is some igno-dumb powered retard shit. Same with my phone and computer.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 14:28:58

At 9/27/15 07:42 PM, Lorkas wrote: I miss flip phones. Everyone I know uses smart phones. I wish we were back in 2006. What do you guys think?

I can't check my shit on a flip phone. So no.

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 16:52:21

I miss utilitarian phones that are simply mobile telephones.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 18:39:47

No because I still have one (pictured below). I keep telling myself that I should just pony up the money to get an iPhone, but I keep finding other things to spend my cash on like bills and food. Maybe I'll finally catch up with the rest of the world during this Christmas season when my relatives gift me a ton of cash.

Do you miss flip phones?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 18:49:37

2006 sucked. flip phones sucked. Everything you stand for and believe sucks.

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 18:59:14

At 9/28/15 06:39 PM, ZJ wrote: No because I still have one (pictured below). I keep telling myself that I should just pony up the money to get an iPhone, but I keep finding other things to spend my cash on like bills and food. Maybe I'll finally catch up with the rest of the world during this Christmas season when my relatives gift me a ton of cash.

Get with the times!

You can get all the fun of a smartphone in the same dated clamshel flip style you love!

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-announces-galaxy-folder-flip-phone-for-korea-629682/

Do you miss flip phones?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-28 20:38:50 (edited 2015-09-28 20:39:27)

the shapeshifting mature from a contemporary generation to the next is vita in transhuman evolution into the 14th dimension, thus to understand the elevating of the medulla obligonta to fully equip itself with understanding and knowledge, you must embnrace this change

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-29 01:34:38 (edited 2015-09-29 01:35:50)

At 9/28/15 11:21 AM, Vixuzar wrote: Nah man. I don't miss that stuff.
My aunt had a flip phone, She dropped it from a desk and guess what happened next. It broke into two peices.
I'm just glad all sorts of phones these days use touch screens and nothing else. It's pretty much better that way.

I don't have that problem with my phone. I've literally dropped it on the sidewalk hundreds of times, thrown it at concrete walls, dropped it in water, etc. Never had it break on me. The worst that happened was an error message displayed on the screen for a few minutes, then went away. I never saw the error message again and the phone still works fine to this day. I've had it for years now.

My phone is a Kyocera DuraXT. It's a military spec phone, MIL-STD-810 compliant. Totally indestructible. Wouldn't be surprised if it could survive a direct hit from a 9mm or .40s&w round (I haven't tried shooting it.... yet.)

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-29 01:58:34 (edited 2015-09-29 02:02:32)

No, I'm not retarded. I'm really fucking sick of the anti-technology circlejerk from all you dumbfuck neckbeards.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-29 02:09:12 (edited 2015-09-29 02:20:10)

At 9/29/15 01:58 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: No, I'm not retarded. I'm really fucking sick of the anti-technology circlejerk from all you dumbfuck neckbeards.

Enjoy spending like $300 to replace your new iPhone if you drop it by accident.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think someone is retarded for not wanting a smartphone? Let's say for example that a person:

1.) Does not use any sort of social media sites, unless you count Newgrounds - which they only browse when they're at home.

2.) Does not have any need for internet access when they're not at a computer

3.) Prefers not to spend hundreds of dollars replacing their phone if they accidentally drop it

4.) Prefers having the ability to take their own battery out and replace it instead of having their phone held hostage by Apple

5.) Likes the amount of money they save on their phone bill by not having to pay for an expensive data plan which is required for most if not all smartphones

What is it about this sort of person that you think makes them retarded for not wanting a smartphone? Just curious...

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-29 12:47:43

At 9/29/15 02:09 AM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 9/29/15 01:58 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: No, I'm not retarded. I'm really fucking sick of the anti-technology circlejerk from all you dumbfuck neckbeards.
Enjoy spending like $300 to replace your new iPhone if you drop it by accident.

I don't have an iPhone.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think someone is retarded for not wanting a smartphone? Let's say for example that a person:

1.) Does not use any sort of social media sites, unless you count Newgrounds - which they only browse when they're at home.

The internet isn't solely social media and Newgrounds.

If you had a smartphone you'd find it very useful. Not everyone is at home 24/7/365.

3.) Prefers not to spend hundreds of dollars replacing their phone if they accidentally drop it

Or you can not be so careless with your belongings.

4.) Prefers having the ability to take their own battery out and replace it instead of having their phone held hostage by Apple

I can do that with my phone. If you weren't so out of the loop, you'd know that apple isn't the only smartphone maker in existence

5.) Likes the amount of money they save on their phone bill by not having to pay for an expensive data plan which is required for most if not all smartphones

Anyone with a life will tell you it's money worth spending.

What is it about this sort of person that you think makes them retarded for not wanting a smartphone? Just curious...

Well maybe not necessarily retarded, but I picture you as some hermit who sits in front of a computer all day, has never had a job, and has 0 friends. For normal people a smartphone is a very useful tool in life.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-29 12:56:34

I too miss flip phones because you can hang up on jackasses with authority by flipping the phone shut. However i've become too accustomed to the convenience of smartphones over the past few years. So for now I'm waiting for the dual screen flip phones to become reality.

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-30 01:51:25 (edited 2015-09-30 02:04:16)

At 9/29/15 12:47 PM, NuclearInfected wrote:
If you had a smartphone you'd find it very useful. Not everyone is at home 24/7/365.

Why would I find it useful if I don't have any need or desire for internet access when I'm not at a computer? The only time I need internet access is when I'm at home or at work. I have a computer both at my office and at home with internet access, so why would I find a needless and expensive feature useful when I already have it where I need it at no extra cost to me?

Or you can not be so careless with your belongings.

Who said I was careless? The fact remains that my cheap flip phone is a lot more durable than a smartphone. Smartphones are still subject to accidental damage, whereas my phone will survive practically anything, whether I'm careless or not.

I can do that with my phone. If you weren't so out of the loop, you'd know that apple isn't the only smartphone maker in existence

I am aware that there are other smartphone manufacturers. However based on what I've observed, most people use iPhones, hence why I cite them as an example.

Anyone with a life will tell you it's money worth spending.

I find this amusingly ironic. "Anyone with a life?" So let me get this straight, you think that a person has more of a life when they interact with people indirectly via the internet instead of in person? Lol. That's rich. Money is worth spending on things I actually need and enjoy rather than something I don't need or want at all.

Well maybe not necessarily retarded, but I picture you as some hermit who sits in front of a computer all day, has never had a job, and has 0 friends. For normal people a smartphone is a very useful tool in life.

This is a classic case of projection. A person with a life is not someone who obsesses with having access to the internet/social media 24/7. I'm an IT professional and work full-time. In case you haven't noticed, I only post on NG a few times a day, and am only online for a few hours per day at the most. I spend most of my day working.

When I'm not at work, the last thing on my mind is the internet. I'd rather hang out with my friends at the local pizza shop, knock back some beers and shoot the shit than spend my day staring at a smartphone screen like some kind of mindless loser, being a keyboard warrior on internet forums and projecting my own lack of an actual IRL social life on others.

For normal people, a smartphone is a needless and expensive luxury that serves no purpose other than to hinder your situational awareness, distract you from the real world and allow you to be a "hermit" anywhere you go by spending your entire day staring at a phone screen rather than engaging with actual human beings like people have done for thousands of years before the advent of this technology.

This is the most ironic shit I've read in years. You assume I have no job, no life and no friends because I prefer to interact with actual human beings face-to-face than interact with people indirectly via the internet. I genuinely feel sorry for you if you truly believe the nonsense you're typing. Even the biggest fool can see the absolute irony here.

You prefer to hang out with friends IRL? You have no life.
You prefer to spend your day staring mindlessly at a glowing smartphone screen, exchanging messages with your friends via Facebook? You have a life. Welcome to the cool kids club.
LOL.

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-09-30 07:50:05

My mom still has one of them flip screen phones, I still have an old Nokia, I do have a smarthphone as well, but I fucking hate those pieces of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-10-02 15:21:30

I still use a flip phone. I have an touch which takes care of my need for quick internet without going on a computer. Other than that all I do with it is make calls and sometimes send a text. I have no need of a smartphone right now, nor could i really afford one anyway.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-10-02 16:28:25

Not really..the last one I had got broken for reasons......

Give me your soul!

BBS Signature

Response to Do you miss flip phones? 2015-10-02 16:53:31

lol no

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature