00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

another baltimore shooting

785 Views | 15 Replies

another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 13:21:43

some honky tried to fill a fake prescription so the police were called on him.
they found him outside and he ran, a chase ensued into another parking lot where some sort of altercation occurred and he was shot.

thoughts? it's ironic that when police brutality is at it's highest, police related deaths are at their lowest in 20 years.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 13:45:35

Link?

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 13:51:28

At 9/24/15 01:21 PM, swaenK wrote: police related deaths are at their lowest in 20 years.

Fucking lol

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 13:56:58

I had to get to my computer to help you smell that shit coming out your mouth.

This article was written in May, it's only gotten worse;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fatal-police-shootings-in-2015-approaching-400-nationwide/2015/05/30/d322256a-058e-11e5-a428-c984eb077d4e_story.html

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 13:58:12

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 14:04:56

The pharmacist was wrong to call the cops after getting the fake prescription. He/she simply could have refused to fill it and that would have been the end of it. Everyone involved here handled this situation in the worst possible way, from the pharmacist that called the cops to the suspect that ran to the cop that shot.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 14:10:51

At 9/24/15 02:04 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: The pharmacist was wrong to call the cops after getting the fake prescription. He/she simply could have refused to fill it and that would have been the end of it. Everyone involved here handled this situation in the worst possible way, from the pharmacist that called the cops to the suspect that ran to the cop that shot.

Duh.

'Muricaaaa

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 17:33:58

At 9/24/15 01:56 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: I had to get to my computer to help you smell that shit coming out your mouth.

This article was written in May, it's only gotten worse;

This. Seriously, this shit is an epidemic, and some of it isn't even reported. Our police are WAY too fucking eager to unload lead into people.

And I'm not sure if it is just the frequency of this being reported due to the nation's attention turning to it, OR a direct effect of that attention, but it seems like the more we criticize the cops for these shootings the MORE they occur.

I'm sure there's an article about it somewhere.

So someone ran from police and was probably getting away so they used their long range option to stop the guy? Sounds legit. The issue shouldn't be the fact they shot the guy but should be the fact they should be armed with some non-lethal options to shoot the guy like rubber bullets and the like as well as their normal gun. Or to aim at the legs and cripple them, that is always a good option if you only want the 1 gun.

If someones getting away you gotta stop then you gotta stop them. It's in the job description. Now killin' ain't in the description so make it a non-kill and you done good work.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 20:08:51

At 9/24/15 07:15 PM, dem0lecule wrote: So cops killed someone because of a fake prescription? What the fuck America?

Hey when you give people guns with egos as wide as the C-'s across their transcript, there's going to be issue.

We need some reform.

You should fucking hear the kids in Police Academy at school.
They sound like thugs, not protectors of the law.

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 20:22:15

At 9/24/15 08:04 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: they should be armed with some non-lethal

Like this?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

At 9/24/15 05:41 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: they're police officers. it's the inherent corrupting aspect of the job to try and kill people. stay around the muck too long, you're inevitably going to get some on yourself.

"Gazing into the abyss," I suppose.

So, what do you think? Should we remove that temptation, as other countries do?

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 21:13:28

Preposterous. Nobody gets away with shooting a white man, nobody.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-24 22:39:43

It was his own fault he got shot by the police, one of the things that you absolutely do not do is to stick your hand in and act like you have a weapon. Now did the cop overreact in the situation? Yes he did, but some time now, we need to stop defending criminal morons who try something like that in front of police officers on the off chance that he could have an actual weapon and start killing people with it, and cops aren't going to take that chance. Considering how Baltimore has gone to shit after the riots, it's hard not for cops to be on edge.

When you defend idiots who seem to have a desire for being on the Darwin Awards, your intelligence suffers and rationality goes with it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-25 12:43:02

At 9/25/15 12:17 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: and the own fault of ordinary citizens that they get shot by serial killers by that logic.

Which has nothing to do with the situation at hand, you can't compare the two situations.

the mindset is exactly the same.

Except when it isn't.

no more reason is needed than "i dont like you, so i'll murder you in 'self defense'..."

But there was a reason, it may have not been a good one in hindsight, but considering the circumstances, the only thing that we should blame the cop for is aiming at the position that could kill.

the difference is cops have buddies in csi who are more than happy to cover up for their mistakes.

I highly doubt that their CSI would cover up their mistakes. Besides, any good law enforcement group are going to cover for their own, it is a dangerous profession after all.

law enforcement are brothers in arms. they care about each other and see the civilians they allegedly protect as nothing more than the pigs we see them to be.

Oh okay then, let's just regard that vast majority of law abiding citizens and cops who do their job without incident as irrelevant, while the minority of folks who do something illegal and those who supposedly overreact to the crime at hand be allowed to generalize the populous as a whole. Yeah, that's some sound logic right there.

BBS Signature

Response to another baltimore shooting 2015-09-25 15:09:10

At 9/25/15 01:34 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: cops kill people repeatedly, serial killers kill people repeatedly... the difference is one has a badge and training and respected by society for it because the people they kill are claimed to be dangerous.

A lot of the criminals that they do go up against are dangerous, either to themselves or to others, they wouldn't be wasting their time otherwise. I'll grant you that there are a few that are trigger-happy and stubborn, but there are plenty of police officers out there who have never shot anybody before or ever.

wise civilians know not to trust them.

If you mean that they are either part of a gang or is a constant victim of crime, then yes, these people are wise.

the other kills for whatever reason they decide, but must practice in order to refine their art. people are scared of them, as they should be. as a result, i dont focus my efforts on them. people already know they're horrible.

As I just said, there are plenty of police officers who have never shot anybody, much less kill. Why is it that we seem to conveniently ignore those officers when we make total blanket statements like everyone here seems to make? I get that not everyone is going to be calm around the police, but as long as you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

and is there any more than the word of law enforcement we have to show for this that can be verified to not have been planted there?

So you're saying that they planted evidence? Yeah, sorry if I don't take your claim at face value. I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but it doesn't seem like they did that in this case.

ahh how blissful it would be to be that naive...

Like you know any more than I do. Then again, you haven't exactly been known for common sense.

what are your statistics and where did you get them?

They don't keep statistics on facts, it's no different than if I were to say that the vast majority of soldiers do their duty regardless of whether or not we support the war or whatever, (though there are a few cases that it wasn't the case) or say that the majority of garbage men do their jobs properly even if they smell like shit at the end of the day.

furthermore, what reason have i to believe there is no motive for them to fake the data?

I can ask you the same thing.

motive is the only thing you can prove to me in the end. if they stand to gain more than they stand to lose, they're guilty.

And what exactly the motive then?

BBS Signature