00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Hearts Journey [Chapter 9]

373 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A Hearts Journey [Chapter 9] 2015-09-22 21:08:51

Chapter 9

Kale woke with a start. The sound of footsteps thundered through the house. He quickly threw the sheets onto the floor and bolted out into the hallway. His eyes scanned the area carefully. After learning nothing exciting was happening upstairs, he leapt down the stairs and rushed to he living room. There he saw Molly's mother, Sarah, and a strange man who was bleeding out on her couch. Sarah's teary eyes met Kales stern gaze. She threw herself towards him and guided him to the back door.

"Kale," She said. "I need you to go out into the shed and grab a small black briefcase. Can you do that for me?" Here eyes were wide, as if this briefcase were so important she was hesitant to trust him with the task. Kale nodded and headed off for the shed.

Once he reached the rickety wooden storage, he discovered that there were several locks on the door. As if it had been intended to stay locked. Having a sense of urgency, he felt a sudden rush of power. His muscles felt as if they were on fire. His whole body was tingling. And then suddenly, he changed.

His eyes filled with a strange orange liquid, turning them int bright and vibrant orange bulbs. He clenched his fist tightly and swung it at the door.

The door flew off the hinges,

Through the back of the shed,

And another thirty feet after that.

He was stunned speechless. What was this power he felt deep in his chest? Where did it come from? Not wanting to waste any more time, he quickly dug through the shed in search of the black briefcase. After a few moments of searching, he found it. However, it was much smaller than he expected. In fact, he checked a second time to make sure that this was the briefcase she was talking about. He jogged into the house and showed Sarah the briefcase. But she didn't even bother to look at it. She waved him out the front door.

"Get that to Daniel!" She screamed. She had been drawn into the care of the man on the couch. Kale nodded and stepped outside to find Molly's father removing the license plate on the car. He ran over and set the briefcase on the battered car.

"This is for you."

Daniel looked at the briefcase with weary eyes. He nodded and looked up to thank Kale, but was immediately silenced by his glowing orange eyes. Daniel had never seen anything like that, and was now sure that this boy was not just an exchange student. He merely shook his head and grabbed both the briefcase and Kale. He sped through the lawn and into the house. He tossed the briefcase on the couch and dragged Kale into the bathroom.

"Kale, I need you to stay here. Don't unlock the door. Don't leave under any circumstances. Do you understand?"

Kale nodded quickly, and then took a moment to observe the room. The bathroom was cold and uncomfortably large. The pale turquoise tiles that lined the wall made the room feel even colder. And there was a strange wall mounted mirror by the sink. It was large and bright, but it seemed to blend in with the wall. If Kale hadn't been paying attention, he might not have even noticed it. But the night had been strange and stressful. He wanted nothing more than to help them, but something in Daniels voice made him want to stay. He sat on the edge of the tub and watched Molly's father leave, but not before he pulled a small tile on the bathroom wall open. Kale looked at the space behind the tile, and found himself staring at a large red button. He slowly moved over to the button and examined it to see if there was a purpose behind it. But no matter how hard he tried, he wasn't sure what its purpose was. Was it a light switch? A bell? Painfully curious, Kale pressed the button. He stood for a few moments looking around the bathroom, when suddenly the wall mounted mirror moved into the wall a small bit, and slid upwards. It revealed a stairway downwards. He looked back at the door confused. Molly's father definitely wouldn't have made the button accessible if he wasn't meant to press it. He looked back at the bathroom door, and then headed down the stairs to who-knows-where.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Molly was sitting in the living room furiously fiddling with her pajama top. Her mother was just a room over with her Uncle Lloyd. She had heard stories about her uncle on numerous occasions, and that should they ever meet again, she shouldn't grow too fond of him. In this moment, she didn't feel pity, or pain, but instead urgency. She knew her uncle was a dangerous man, and that his presence would bring nothing but ill fortune. She gently bit her bottom lip as her mother slowly began to relax. Her uncles breathing had leveled out, and he seemed to not be bleeding.

"Mom, what is uncle Lloyd doing here?" Molly inquired. Her mother let out a soft sigh and threw her arms down to her side.

"He's ruining our sofa and my new apron. That's what he's doing, honey." Sarah motioned for Molly to follow her and took her upstairs to her room. "Molly, I want you to stay up here and don't come down no matter what you hear, okay?" She looked into Molly's eyes, awaiting her response.

"Okay..." Molly knew never to question her parents. Both her father and her mother were unbelievably strong, and it was probably for the best that she just stay out of their business. She nodded, said goodnight, and went to bed without another word.

End of Chapter 9 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the sudden leave of absence! I was away from the internet over the summer, and I just now managed to get back. If you were following the story before, and are looking forward to more, I promise I will have more out eventually. My posting will be inconsistent. Every one or two days another chapter will be here. Im also working on a One Piece comic, and I need an artist to make it happen! If you know anybody who'd be interested, send them my way!

I also write game reviews, so if you're an aspiring game developer, and you would like my opinion on a game of yours, message me the nam or link and i'll be sure to give it a try! The same can also be said for movies and music!

Thanks for being radical readers [if any of you are still reading! Haha!].

Sincerely,
ProfessorX