00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for music or composer

1,332 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 06:37:21

Currently working on a 2D Run & Jump (Platformer) and I'm looking for the music that will go with the game.

The game is intended to be a fun and colorful platformer with an educational background, since the primary target of this game will be middle and high school students.

The game will involve several stages, which will have different themes and different obstacles, so I believe I will require a few different types.

Regarding the style of music, I'm open to suggestions.

I'd be ideal if someone already has a set ready, but I'll also pay for new compositions as much as I can stretch the budget.

Feel free to write If you have any further questions

CC,

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 07:55:33

Have you got any screenshots as to the art style, so that we could perhaps derive any musical inspiration from it? Any works in progress involving this game?

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 10:53:27

I would love to help. I'm pretty flexible funding-wise, and I love writing in different themes.

check out my website and soundcloud, see if there is anything that already exists that you'd like to use, or we can discuss original compositions for you :-)

https://timothyadan.wordpress.com/

https://soundcloud.com/brassbgeek

brassbgeek@gmail.com

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 11:05:10

I'd love to help out. I'm not the best composer, but have a look at my tracks and see what you think :)

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 11:14:15

I think this would fit perfectly for a run and platformer :)

I can also make more music like it if you want cause this is actually my first DnB song

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 15:06:54

Sent you P. M. ;)

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-18 15:08:35

At 9/18/15 06:37 AM, CaeserClown wrote: Currently working on a 2D Run & Jump (Platformer) and I'm looking for the music that will go with the game.

The game is intended to be a fun and colorful platformer with an educational background, since the primary target of this game will be middle and high school students.

The game will involve several stages, which will have different themes and different obstacles, so I believe I will require a few different types.

Regarding the style of music, I'm open to suggestions.

I'd be ideal if someone already has a set ready, but I'll also pay for new compositions as much as I can stretch the budget.

Feel free to write If you have any further questions

CC,

I'd like to help. https://soundcloud.com/skyler-sefic has a collection of different styles though I have a much larger portfolio here on my hard drive. I think the project would benefit the most from an original composition tailored to the game itself honestly. This is my forte. You can PM for sync details but honestly with the amount of hungry musicians here, my guess is you will get a great deal.

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-19 21:32:03

I'd love to help you out on making some music for your game, bro!

You can hit me up on my SoundCloud and check my stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/geoffreydaniels

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-19 21:42:02

At 9/18/15 06:37 AM, CaeserClown wrote: Currently working on a 2D Run & Jump (Platformer) and I'm looking for the music that will go with the game.

I'm going to suggest licensing from @Waterflame, his music fits pretty well.

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-20 10:43:52

Thank you guys for the replies.
The art is still in progress, since the illustrators are still working on the characters, but I will ask them to give me some samples and update the post tomorrow.

CC

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-20 11:27:05

This song has a dark vibe, maybe useful for Dark/scary stages:

This song has a emotional toch, maybe for some end stages:

This song has a 8bit style, maybe for some stages with that style:

I hope this helped you alot!!

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-21 03:00:12

No luck from the illustrators today (._.)

I don't have any of the art done, since the game is only a prototype at the moment ( only the frame and code functions), but I could give you guys some reference material for help.

Based on Art style, look for apps like Anipop.

Sample music is a game (possibly mistranslated , ok here goes ...) "Cool running every day" ... yeah... Or just search for
天天酷跑 <~~ This on google.

I know the reference material might seem strange, but I have to jump hurdles and VPN's to cross the great firewall of China. Please bear with me.

If you guys need anymore reference material, feel free to write,

CC

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-24 07:09:42

I don't suppose you can find a youtube video for the reference music.. XD
Also, how many tracks are you looking for? And what deadline?

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-24 22:04:49

Yeah, finding references to help you guys with the general feel of the game is difficult.
I have to keep switching VPN's just to access Newgrounds. What kills me most is that I can't access Soundcloud and listen to the music samples.

Regarding the music, I believe I'll need somewhere between 8 to 12 tracks

Id be happy to help and do have a wide array of instruments at my disposal. My newgrounds page has some of my works, check them out. I can compose to fit pretty much any game.

The Unknown

Bouncin Round

Milky Way Soul

I also have a large file of songs and compositions that have never seen Newgrounds.

I kill people. Sometimes only to watch them die...

Response to Looking for music or composer 2015-09-30 09:48:09

hey,

Here is my soundcloud . I could also provide new compositions for you, PM if you're interested.

Regartds,

1Hanzo