00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PC is NOT the Master Race

1,308 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-13 23:04:26

Whats with these idiots saying it is? If it is WHY IS IT SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE. Actually for that matter No console or PC is so shut up!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-13 23:25:42

when I think master, I think ultimate. And when I think ultimate, I think all the bells and whistles - the best of the best. Ain't gonna get that on the cheap. Also as a note, when you have a salaried job, pc gaming is not expensive.

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-13 23:33:54

PCs aren't really expensive in the long run. Prebuilts are overpriced and underpowered, but a PC made with $600 worth of bought parts will last you the entire generation. And you can always upgrade your PC if need be.

Also Steam, Humble bundle, and GoG games go on sale every day. Not only that, but PCs have access to tons of emulators. Somehow there's an Xbox 360 emulator in the works but a classic Xbox emulator is practically nonexistent.

Nobody can be master race though if they cling to just one brand or one gaming platform. The true master race are the idorts.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 00:39:50

I do PC and console gaming. I see advantages to both, especially when it comes to exclusives. Unless you steal a game you can't get the newest Mario games on your PC. You can't really access any of Nintendo's home console games on your PC. There's also the issue of stability, which you get more often in consoles than you do PC's.

Since PC hardware upgrades quicker than consoles, which has advantages and disadvantages, you often times find yourself needing to shell out more money to keep your gaming software running at optimum on your PC more often. I know there are plenty of exceptions, but I'm speaking broadly for a reason.

I like to collect physical games, though, which does give the console market more of an edge since PC is now almost completely digital.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 02:42:30

PC is the mastar raic however.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 03:00:46

Games are mad cheap yo.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 04:27:28

Arcade Machine Master Race.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 05:04:52

Own imagination because no money master race.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 17:57:42

For any of the complaints you could have chosen, you chose price. While it is true that there are very few reasons you could have chosen which would have been difficult to argue against, the only real exception being local multiplayer which Nintendo still excels at (since no other consoles seem to remember it exists anymore). You could still have chosen something to argue which would have at least required a little thinking and finding examples to help prove which would have taken more of our time. But instead you chose price.

Okay. If you really want to attempt to argue price then sure it means I don't even have to try and remember anything specific so thanks. So then, price. I'm going to ignore "build your own machine" since I don't understand doing that myself so I buy my PCs currently even if it is more expensive, but alas keep that in mind to further the points of why PCs are cheaper.

Okay, so price. I bought my most recent computer for like £500 overpriced since I had to get it quickly since my old one broke so probably could have got basically the same machine for under £400 if properly looking and cheaper still if making myself. So that is about £500 as an initial investment for a PC. Now what do I use a PC for? Well the internet, talking to people, watching videos, basically the majority of my free time. Games also come into this but some days I won't even bother with them and will use other aspects. So overall I would say I use my PC for games about half or less of the time, so if taking the price in that way about £200 for the gaming aspect of the PC.

Now onto expensive stuff you need to run games....£0 basically. Because you don't need it. I bought this new PC like I mentioned and didn't need to upgrade a thing for it and it plays any game I want to play totally fine with no issues with good graphics and stuff. Most of the good stuff on the PC doesn't need that good graphics. If you did want to upgrade to play something like I had to do with a new graphics card in my old PC then that and the power source to run it cost me under £100 which considering it was the only upgrade I ever got was pretty insignificant money wise for like a 10 year old machine. It is such a stupid misconception that you need to spend a lot of money to upgrade your PC often such a pointless waste of money.

Now then we come to the actual part, the games. You know the thing you are talking about playing. With the wide variety of options to purchase from on the PC there is a healthy competition between GOG and Steam which results in wonderful beautiful Steam Sales. You can get games that would have once cost £40 for like £10 or less. It isn't even rare. There is NO variety of options with consoles they must be provided by Sony or Microsoft etc. through sources they want and as such the prices barely move from £40 or $60.

Basically put, any game you want to buy on a console will net you like £40 / $60 per game, PC wise with Steam and the like you can get these down to under £10 for the SAME games. Let's also not speak about the fact a console is made to play games, that is what a console is for. A PC on the other hand ALSO plays games. That is one of the things they do. So the £500 or whatever you put into the PC is spread among all the other stuff you want to do. Like I said for me I'd rate about £200 of the cost of mine going to the actual game playing and probably less than that, most of the cost I'd see as being for stuff like talking to people and watching videos and things. I do those more than play games anyway (except for currently since playing Elder Scrolls games atm which is a bit of a time sink of pure gameplay time)

So yea.....cost.......like.....what were you even trying to argue here? Cost has always been better for PC gaming regardless of if you want to join the ranks of the "Glorious PC Master Race" or not. Like it's not something debatable or arguable looking at prices between console games and PC games it comes across as just a clear blatant fact.

The only thing which could make it more expensive would be if people honestly did the stupid thing of buying thousands of dollars costing PCs, but as previously stated I personally refuse to believe anyone does that regardless of anyone throwing facts and names in my face to prove otherwise. Since it is so retarded and pointless to do that I want to live in my own happy world where people aren't wasting money I could really do with having on pointless shit.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-14 20:35:11

PC is best due to the fact that it lets game devs push the latest tech on new games, plus you get the constant 1080p+ 60FPS mods, you can pirate console exclusives and run it on a emulator so you cant use the exclusive argument.

the problem with consoles are thats the majority devs pander to consoles which are highly limited to hardware thats five years behind high mid to high end PC's that run games better.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 00:45:18

As long as it works ,it doesn't make that much of a difference .

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 00:51:40

Yes it is.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 00:58:23

Aryan race is mast.....

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 15:13:35

Everyone knows that consoles hold back gaming 30 FPS 1080p please on a PC you can go up to 100 FPS 4K and have mods and access to so called console "exclusives".

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 15:13:47

Everyone knows that consoles hold back gaming 30 FPS 1080p please on a PC you can go up to 100 FPS 4K and have mods and access to so called console "exclusives".

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 18:57:36

At 9/15/15 04:26 PM, MMHM wrote: If you're paying more then £500 on a gaming PC you're doing it wrong. You get a starter PC and upgrade over time. I've upgraded my PC every three years by using the money I would have wasted on PS+/Xbox Live. The whole master race thing started as a joke by the way, it was an insult that got twisted around. No one is really that arrogant.

Actually you start at 1200 then work your way up I seriously don't understand how people think 600 dollar PCs are good, thats borderline console specs.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-15 19:26:36

Wow. Talk about misaimed fandoms. That entire PC Master Race thing comes from this review by Yahtzee, and he was definitely not saying it sincerely. He was making fun of them, watch it if you don't believe me.

Seriously love the Miestas zeitgeist....

BBS Signature

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-16 13:57:18

Are people still arguing about this...?

I wish everybody would just play the games and stop fighting.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-16 15:05:24

At 9/16/15 01:57 PM, AudioDog wrote: Are people still arguing about this...?

I wish everybody would just play the games and stop fighting.

Thing is, we can't all play together.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-19 06:04:12

At 9/14/15 04:27 AM, Painbringer wrote: Arcade Machine Master Race.

Actually, yeah I can side with this.

If you own tons of arcade machines and they're set up in a huge room of your house, or several rooms, that is indeed gaming master race. Of course it only counts if the machines are kept up -- meaning all the buttons better work and with no "sticking" buttons and all joystick directions better work and not where some of the diagonals don't like to cooperate.

Essentially, are you a rich dude with his own private personal arcade?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-19 07:07:40

PC's and consoles are great. There isn't a "Better" one..both have their advantages and their disadvantages.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-21 12:00:50

I have to agree but not because of your reasoning. My reasoning is that as long as console exclusives exist there is always a reason for people to prefer console gaming over PC gaming. It's the big reason I still prefer console gaming over PC gaming myself.

Response to PC is NOT the Master Race 2015-09-21 13:07:18

PC and consoles are both good. They each only have certain games, so picking one means you will miss several games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature