00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jibrail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art block!!! Tips please?

496 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I haven't drawn in a while due to school/miscellaneous things. It's only been a week and it feels like i haven't drawn in years. Any suggestion of anything (doesn't just have to be art it could be games, music, movies, etc.) that can inspire me artistically? Or perhaps ways to warm up/ overcome an art block?

Response to Art block!!! Tips please? 2015-09-11 20:37:12

I watched the thing yesterday. watch the thing. lots of beautiful white snowy landscapes, kurt russells dreamy eyes in contrast to his pale skin, wilford Brimley in a parka eating canned food in a shack learning how to tie a noose, and men engulfed in flames running out into the frozen tundra. OH! And gore.

Response to Art block!!! Tips please? 2015-09-11 20:59:15

At 9/11/15 08:37 PM, richalds wrote: I watched the thing yesterday. watch the thing. lots of beautiful white snowy landscapes, kurt russells dreamy eyes in contrast to his pale skin, wilford Brimley in a parka eating canned food in a shack learning how to tie a noose, and men engulfed in flames running out into the frozen tundra. OH! And gore.

That's a good one! I don't know why but for some reason i thought of the bad remake one. Gore is always a cool thang to draw,..as well as Kurt Russell's beautiful frozen beard.

Response to Art block!!! Tips please? 2015-09-11 21:34:51

whenever i get art block, I usually just scribble stuff and see if i can make anything out of that. Sometimes I also redo a very old drawing and see the improvements.

Response to Art block!!! Tips please? 2015-09-12 10:09:09

At 9/11/15 08:24 PM, goons wrote: I haven't drawn in a while due to school/miscellaneous things. It's only been a week and it feels like i haven't drawn in years. Any suggestion of anything (doesn't just have to be art it could be games, music, movies, etc.) that can inspire me artistically? Or perhaps ways to warm up/ overcome an art block?

The ways I Overcome a Art Block is to

A. Go outside look at the landscape and Clouds and feel relaxed/Good. [takes up to 5/10 min]

B. Play music on the pc and close my eyes.

C. Play my Most Fav Game. [ halo]

D. Watch alot of Movies. Example: How to train your dragon, Tron.