00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio interfaces (Firewire)

989 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio interfaces (Firewire) 2015-09-11 10:38:53

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice, and I'm hoping someone here could offer me some.

Currently I have the Focusite Saffire Pro 24, but I'm looking to upgrade.

I'm after something with a built in headphone amp, that would be good enough to power something like the Sennheiser HD650. (I'm also looking to purchase some headphones as well)

I'm open to suggestions in terms of price range.

"money is no object, unless of course you plan on spending it" - Pointy-Haired Boss

Does anyone here use an audio interface to power their headphones, or is a headphone amp generally considered to be the better option?

Response to Audio interfaces (Firewire) 2015-09-11 10:47:05

If I recall correctly @Lich stated that the Saffire series was shit, and considering he's the hardware guru around here I'd totally trust his taste.
I have Focusrite Scarlett Solo, which is pretty much the simplest audio interface you can find. It's fairly cheap, robust, and has all I need: headphone jack, mic and line input and a volume knob. It's not FireWire though, and I wouldn't consider it an 'upgrade' after the Saffire, but it's a great interface.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio interfaces (Firewire) 2015-09-11 13:35:44

Thanks for the reply.

I've not had many issues with it in the past, so I guess I got lucky. I might look into another brand this time around, and see what I comes up.

Response to Audio interfaces (Firewire) 2015-09-11 13:40:30

At 9/11/15 11:34 AM, Lich wrote:
At 9/11/15 10:56 AM, Lich wrote: Stuff
Whoops, didn't read title thread. Above post still stands if you want to dive back to USB though haha.

Anyway, Firewire-wise the only other thing I could recommend at a reasonable price range would be the MOTU Audio Express. http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/audio-express

Thanks for the advice and recommendations.

I'll have a look into the usb one you've mentioned first.

To be honest I was only looking at Firewire because that's the one I have at the moment.

I guess if it's usb it's more flexible with choice of computer.