00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ever had a similar experience..

552 Views | 19 Replies

Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 00:51:43

about thirty minutes ago I was walking around, it's about midnight here, and well, the friends I was with confused a passing dick for a friend and waved to him, he stopped, illegally took a picture of us, said he was going to report us for harrassment and drove off. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Tell me about the cunts who live in your town, NG.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 00:53:48

At 9/7/15 12:51 AM, Suprememessage wrote: illegally took a picture of us

Unless he was standing on private property, it wasn't illegal.

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 00:54:00

If I were you, I'd invest in a kevlar vest in the next 24hrs in the likely event that police shoot you.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:01:00

I don't show up in pictures, so I don't have that problem.

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:02:23

At 9/7/15 12:53 AM, Bit wrote:

In Massachusetts it is illegal to take pictures of people without their consent, it's a state law.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:06:54

I have had cars park in front of my house and blast the radio for over thirty minutes. This has happened early in the morning and late at night. Some people are just assholes.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:17:54

At 9/7/15 01:02 AM, Suprememessage wrote:
In Massachusetts it is illegal to take pictures of people without their consent, it's a state law.

What a backwards place.

At least it's not New Jersey I guess.

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:20:01

At 9/7/15 01:17 AM, Bit wrote:
What a backwards place.

At least it's not New Jersey I guess.

I actually like that law. Makes me confident people won't record me while I'm walking down the street.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:22:31

At 9/7/15 01:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have had cars park in front of my house and blast the radio for over thirty minutes. This has happened early in the morning and late at night. Some people are just assholes.

I'm always glad that I don't have psychic abilities when stuff like this happens (or a bazooka).

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 01:28:31

At 9/7/15 01:22 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: I'm always glad that I don't have psychic abilities when stuff like this happens (or a bazooka).

I found out a peaceful way to handle it. Calling the cops to report disturbing the peace. I reported the same car twice in the same day. I wonder how many times until they get arrested?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 02:42:30

Where in MA?
I'm in NH, I've probably been there.

BBS Signature

At 9/7/15 02:42 AM, azurepanda wrote:
Where in MA?

I live in Ware. It's on the Western side of MA so we don't have that silly Boston accent. This town is full of heroin fiends. The graveyard is crawling with them at night because they go there to shoot up (lots of places to hide from cops) and they have tried to jump me more than one time before, it's not a nice town.

I try to avoid going by there because people have in fact been killed by those fuckers before. When I do I try to do so quietly and I keep a knife handy but it's nerve wracking to say the least. Ware isn't a nice place to live or visit.

The worst part is the graveyard is right across the street from where I live -- there's a fence but you can hear the addicts on the other side shuffling around. I kind of pity them but I also know that they'd stab me so I avoid the place at all costs.

If you ever stop by to visit don't be walking alone at night. Tons of tweakers and such.

I fucking hate Heroin, it killed my cousin.

BBS Signature

At 9/7/15 02:57 AM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 9/7/15 02:42 AM, azurepanda wrote:
Where in MA?
I live in Ware. It's on the Western side of MA so we don't have that silly Boston accent. This town is full of heroin fiends. The graveyard is crawling with them at night because they go there to shoot up (lots of places to hide from cops) and they have tried to jump me more than one time before, it's not a nice town.

I have a little bit of a Boston accent. The towns surrounding me have really bad heroin problems, the worst part is all of these towns are small so they're pretty much just merged with my own.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 09:06:38

You don't understand your own state's laws. There are no statutes in MA (or anywhere else, for that matter) that prevent people from taking pics or video of people without consent unless partial or full nudity is involved (mainly prompted by the whole upskirting debate). You have no right to privacy in public, period. He may be in the wrong by driving drunk and saying that waving was harassment, but that's it.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 09:24:23

I had an old man who tried to get me into his car once. He gave me $5 a few days earlier hoping it'd get on my good side. Oh well, guess he got bored in trying.

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 09:26:18

At 9/7/15 09:24 AM, TheDestroyerNG wrote: I had an old man who tried to get me into his car once. He gave me $5 a few days earlier hoping it'd get on my good side. Oh well, guess he got bored in trying.

I guess it isn't a simular experience though compared to topic creator. My bad.
Anyway, no. I've had no one threaten to report me for harassment just by saying hi. If they did, the cops in my town would just laugh at it.

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 10:32:27

At 9/7/15 12:51 AM, Suprememessage wrote: about thirty minutes ago I was walking around, it's about midnight here, and well, the friends I was with confused a passing dick for a friend and waved to him, he stopped, illegally took a picture of us, said he was going to report us for harrassment and drove off. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Tell me about the cunts who live in your town, NG.

I just have people that if you look at them for 3 seconds they'll abuse ya mate.

Really odd if i understand what you said though mate, seems whack aha!

BBS Signature

Response to Ever had a similar experience.. 2015-09-07 11:56:29

Two threads like this in a matter of hours, it's a plague!

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

At 9/7/15 08:49 AM, SwisherCovent wrote:
At 9/7/15 01:20 AM, Suprememessage wrote: I actually like that law. Makes me confident people won't record me while I'm walking down the street.
Are the public able to record police for accountability reasons? Are police exempt from this law?

Police are exempt, and CCTV cameras are an exception to this law if they're installed on private property. So if police are on your land you can record them without their knowledge for accountability.

It is of course legal to record them in public, (except secretly) but we were on my friend's land at that time (he owns a few acres)

BBS Signature

At 9/7/15 09:06 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote:

It wasn't in public we were on private property, as we were already on my friend's land. It is not legal to go around recording people on their own property.

BBS Signature