00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChiliChapters just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2!

7,931 Views | 114 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Noisysundae to the...ummm...rescue!

At 9/11/15 09:01 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: That I can definitely help you out with! Check out this handy FL Studio - Slides Explained - Warbeats Tutorial and you'll be bending notes in no time. I'm not really sure if it works with MIDI instruments or not, though...

Slides don't work with MIDI channels and most external VSTs in FL, unfortunately. For MIDI, the closest thing is controlling channel via the piano roll. :(
For example, if you want to make a legato, draw the graph in 'channel control > note fine pitch'.

At 9/11/15 08:41 PM, Gragon73 wrote: I'm also seemingly unable to change the patches on the MIDI in order to try out some of the different instruments (maybe due to Noisysundae using a preset?), so some help on that would be appreciated as well...

First, to import MIDI as a project, just drag the MIDI into the background area (not in the piano roll) or File > Import > MIDI file.
Every MIDI channel can be changed even if I used a preset. (which I didn't :P) You can change instruments in their MIDI out channels or in Fruity LSD.

Making mine too but I won't do a remix of my own in this contest because it's too predictable and mainstream. :P

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-11 23:36:11

I figured out/eliminated most of those problems by messing around a little.
@ChronoNomad, I eventually decided to screw around with a few of the channel presets and managed to get what I feel is a better track, so thanks for the suggestion there.
The note which I was having problems with decided to slide itself upon having its channel changed. :v
@Noisysundae - the reason I couldn't figure out how to change the patch was seemingly due to something about the imported Fruity LSD not liking me changing your patches. I eventually used totally separate channel presets, so problem solved.

Anyway...

Well, well. I had some excess time (unfortunately, not enough), to remake @SkelaNG's track for the second round of this contest XD
As I was in a hurry, I'm not actually sure whether the MIDI or this version is better, hahha :D
You decide ;)

If I have more time some other day, I may remake my own track as well as a second entry, although @ChronoNomad already uploaded a wonderful version of it :3

EDIT: Actually, ChronoNomad's version is so nice, I probably won't remake my own after all... But if I get time, I may perhaps choose another one from the pool, and bring it to life :p

At 9/12/15 05:23 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: If I have more time some other day, I may remake my own track as well as a second entry, although @ChronoNomad already uploaded a wonderful version of it :3
EDIT: Actually, ChronoNomad's version is so nice, I probably won't remake my own after all... But if I get time, I may perhaps choose another one from the pool, and bring it to life :p

Hey, where's the fun and the challenge if no one else does it ? Actually, I'm already working on my own version as well. :p

EDIT :

At 9/11/15 08:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: Every journey begins with a single step and no one starts out with mad skillz--trust me.

Can't agree more. Did I mention that when I began making music, I didn't even knew what "sounding right" meant ? Of course, I discovered it the hard way, making something sounding so wrong I probably killed a lot of people the day I published it. xDD

Sentient-ish thingy that likes making music. | My audio submissions | My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

EDIT : Whoops, I probably double-clicked the "post" button.

Sentient-ish thingy that likes making music. | My audio submissions | My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-12 06:12:38

At 9/12/15 06:06 AM, Ylmir wrote:
Hey, where's the fun and the challenge if no one else does it ? Actually, I'm already working on my own version as well. :p

Indeed, but whaaa? That's awesome :D!!!

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-12 13:01:43

At 9/12/15 06:12 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
At 9/12/15 06:06 AM, Ylmir wrote:
Indeed, but whaaa? That's awesome :D!!!

That is awesome! Really looking forward to hearing every track that comes out of this contest. I'm actually working on a second track since we're allowed to make two...

Which track? That's a secret. For now.

Submission deuce! This time around I went with @Noisysundae 's track and made it my own...with a twist!

A twist of Sytrus, that is! :v

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-12 22:52:13

At 9/12/15 08:55 PM, dem0lecule wrote: What if everyone take LSD track because it's the nicest haha?

Pfft... I actually like your track a lot m0le. If no one covers it (which I doubt will happen), you can expect a mockup from me. Too good to go to waste. :D

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-13 02:03:38

First time using someone else's music.
Im going to have a try with number 9 by @FaeryTaleAdventurer, that part at 0:36 is too good to be ignored.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-13 17:19:33

Working on another track for this but FL is deciding not to let me permanently change the panning of individual channels - when I play the track, it resets itself to what the original creator had chosen. Suggestions?

I just noticed something.

dem0lecule's MIDI is in 3/4 time. So is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (for the most part).
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is a song about LSD.
LSD can stand for LucidShadowDreamer.
LucidShadowDreamer is on a team with dem0lecule in the NGADM.

Illuminati confirmed?

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-13 18:41:28

At 9/13/15 05:19 PM, Gragon73 wrote: Working on another track for this but FL is deciding not to let me permanently change the panning of individual channels - when I play the track, it resets itself to what the original creator had chosen. Suggestions?

Ah, yes! I encountered this issue pretty early on, but there's a quick way around it. When you're in the Piano Roll, just go into the Channel Volume and change the variable at the bottom. That's why turning the knob doesn't stick, but if you adjust the Channel Volume it will.

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-13 18:49:10

At 9/13/15 06:41 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: When you're in the Piano Roll, just go into the Channel Volume and change the variable at the bottom. That's why turning the knob doesn't stick, but if you adjust the Channel Volume it will.

I figured out other ways to change the volume (though that will help for any mid-track changes) but needed help with changing the pan knobs for channels.

At 9/13/15 06:49 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 9/13/15 06:41 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: When you're in the Piano Roll, just go into the Channel Volume and change the variable at the bottom. That's why turning the knob doesn't stick, but if you adjust the Channel Volume it will.
I figured out other ways to change the volume (though that will help for any mid-track changes) but needed help with changing the pan knobs for channels.

In browser tab (left of the screen), go to Current project > Patterns > Initialized controls. Look for the pan. Right click and select 'delete event'.

At 9/13/15 07:41 PM, Noisysundae wrote: In browser tab (left of the screen), go to Current project > Patterns > Initialized controls. Look for the pan. Right click and select 'delete event'.

It took a little more fiddling as there was no "delete event" option, but using the piano roll-style editor I eventually managed it. Turns out you have to click the start of the event. Go figure.

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-14 00:47:45

At 9/13/15 02:03 AM, Daru925 wrote: First time using someone else's music.
Im going to have a try with number 9 by @FaeryTaleAdventurer, that part at 0:36 is too good to be ignored.

I appreciate this! Best of luck, m8!

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-14 20:01:46

I love how everyone is remaking pretty much the same track. But nonetheless, as my second submission, here's my rendition of @NoisySundae's lovely track ;)

Now, back to NGADM...

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 11:59:43

5 days remain! Get your entries goin', folks! :D

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 14:53:25

At 9/15/15 11:59 AM, samulis wrote: 5 days remain! Get your entries goin', folks! :D

Still waiting on a confirmation from the original creator for my second track...

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 15:09:28

At 9/15/15 02:53 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 9/15/15 11:59 AM, samulis wrote: 5 days remain! Get your entries goin', folks! :D
Still waiting on a confirmation from the original creator for my second track...

You don't actually need to wait for that. Just publish it and they can confirm after.

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 15:34:12

At 9/15/15 03:09 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: You don't actually need to wait for that. Just publish it and they can confirm after.

Ah, but I don't know what to name it yet.

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 15:38:08

At 9/15/15 03:34 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 9/15/15 03:09 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: You don't actually need to wait for that. Just publish it and they can confirm after.

Ohhh! Well, that's a whole other thing, then. lol

Coming up with a good title sometimes feel like the hardest part!

At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
At 9/15/15 03:34 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
Ohhh! Well, that's a whole other thing, then. lol

Coming up with a good title sometimes feel like the hardest part!

Or just use "No.[insert track number here] remix" to feel like you're doing a mock-up of a famous artist's masterpiece. XD

At 9/14/15 08:01 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: I love how everyone is remaking pretty much the same track. But nonetheless, as my second submission, here's my rendition of @NoisySundae's lovely track ;)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/644225
Now, back to NGADM...

Glad you chose mine. Thanks very much. Going to do a review later because I'm preparing to publish my submission too.
Anyway, I can only do 1 submission since I'm in preparation for the exam week starting this Saturday. Wish I could postpone........the exam week, of course! Not the deadline of contest. :P

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 19:27:14

At 9/15/15 07:14 PM, Noisysundae wrote:
Glad you chose mine. Thanks very much. Going to do a review later because I'm preparing to publish my submission too.
Anyway, I can only do 1 submission since I'm in preparation for the exam week starting this Saturday. Wish I could postpone........the exam week, of course! Not the deadline of contest. :P

Good to hear you're happy that I picked your track :)
And of course, it is an amazing track, which I realized even more when I tried to make something out of it :D
Don't worry about writing a review quickly! I have about 10 reviews I need to write atm, but I honestly don't have time either. School work for me too -_-
Not to speak of the NGADM o.O

I wish I could postpone school stuff too :)

Who doesn't? XD

At 9/15/15 07:14 PM, Noisysundae wrote: Or just use "No.[insert track number here] remix" to feel like you're doing a mock-up of a famous artist's masterpiece. XD

Unfortunately, that number would have to be 5 in order for it to be relevant at all on NG, so I'm out of luck.

Paragon is a legend

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 20:10:38

At 9/15/15 07:59 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
Paragon is a legend

I still secretly think that Noisy is actually undercover ParagonX9 XD

even though he told me he isn't, and it wouldn't make much sense for him to be :/

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-15 20:22:46

At 9/15/15 08:10 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: I still secretly think that Noisy is actually undercover ParagonX9 XD
even though he told me he isn't, and it wouldn't make much sense for him to be :/
Noisy makes too much trance and other genres for that

Hmm maybe this should stay in PM as it's secret

But I still wish it was true lelel

I'll be finishing my rendition of @LucidShadowDreamer's entry up tomorrow morning and uploading it then. I yanked out the percussion though, other than that the composition is unchanged.

I hope you like synthphonic morechestra.

Response to NGDIC 2: GM Results + Phase 2! 2015-09-16 01:38:47

At 9/15/15 08:22 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 9/15/15 08:10 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: [Rumor]
Hmm maybe this should stay in PM as it's secret
But I still wish it was true lelel

*Pops your bubbles*
Here's the prove that I'm not him. I'm Asian!

ถ้าอ่านออกให้เลย 10 บาท (ล้อเล่นนะ)

See? (Not sure if those alphabets become squares on your screen. :P)

At 9/15/15 10:44 PM, SkelaNG wrote: I'll be finishing my rendition of @LucidShadowDreamer's entry up tomorrow morning and uploading it then. I yanked out the percussion though, other than that the composition is unchanged.

I hope you like synthphonic morechestra.

Say hi to my submission too tmr night. :D