00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If you had a choice to be immortal

1,253 Views | 23 Replies

If you had the choice to be be immortal would you want to be?

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 12:03:57

Yeah I was thinking about that too. It would suck to watch everyone you love die.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 12:37:27

You do have the choice to be immortal though aye!

Just do something radical that i changes the world enough and your name and memory will live forever!

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 13:58:37

Is it frozen in time immortality or life without youth? If it's the latter, fuck no.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 14:27:08

At 9/4/15 12:03 PM, motokocat22 wrote: Yeah I was thinking about that too. It would suck to watch everyone you love die.

Speak for yourself.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 14:56:06

I don't see why not. Eternal torture is a small price to pay for (semi-)eternal renown.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 15:49:12

At 9/4/15 11:57 AM, motokocat22 wrote: If you had the choice to be be immortal would you want to be?

You know not what forces you tamper with.
Live your life, without wishing for such things.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 16:03:17

Life is a gift. Immortality is a curse.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 17:24:54

As long as I had the killswitch

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 17:31:25

Yes, of course. Perhaps I already am though; I haven't died yet.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

At 9/4/15 11:57 AM, motokocat22 wrote: If you had the choice to be be immortal would you want to be?

In ancient times, no. People existed for thousands and thousands of years without advancing or making significant progress technologically. It would be boring and uneventful as shit.
But today? Oh hell yeah, we're advancing and progressing as a species in so many different ways, it would be absolutely amazing to be immortal in this period of time, I could watch humanity for a thousand years come up with the craziest things ajd never get bored. There's always something to do and something new to learn. We live in the absolute best time to be immortal.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 18:45:16

Personally I like the highlander style immortality. You're ageless, heal fast and the occasional sword fight to either spice things up or allow you to end it.

Those movies a d the tv show imprinted on me at a young age and I beleive them to be way better than they probably are.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 20:31:01

In a sense we are immortal

Do great things and you can be immortalized through other means

Planar existence

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 20:43:15

At 9/4/15 06:45 PM, stafffighter wrote: Personally I like the highlander style immortality. You're ageless, heal fast and the occasional sword fight to either spice things up or allow you to end it.

Those movies a d the tv show imprinted on me at a young age and I beleive them to be way better than they probably are.

Highlander is still pretty damn enjoyable, even if not very good.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 21:00:57

At 9/4/15 08:43 PM, Slint wrote:

Highlander is still pretty damn enjoyable, even if not very good.

I will say that I think the show is better than any of the movies. Mainly because it's a format that allows for the extended history of the character. And it did a respectful job of expanding an already fun but limited mythos. And yes, I own a cheap ass katana styled like his.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 21:53:24

I would never choose to be fully immortal. I'd much rather have the attribute of my body not physically aging past my prime though.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 22:01:20

At 9/4/15 09:53 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I would never choose to be fully immortal. I'd much rather have the attribute of my body not physically aging past my prime though.

So like the Highlander. Like @stafffighter said.

What kind of weapon would you use to take the heads of your enemies Tails? I'd carry a machete with a hand cannon like a Desert Eagle or something.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 22:22:53

Definitely not

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 22:23:25

At 9/4/15 10:01 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
What kind of weapon would you use to take the heads of your enemies Tails? I'd carry a machete with a hand cannon like a Desert Eagle or something.

I'd have a kukri. It's a little bit more consealable than a full sized machete but with all the hacking power you need. As for a gun, well if we're going to be unsporting, which we are, anything 9mm or bigger should do. It's not like a lot of people walk around in armor

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 22:57:23

At 9/4/15 10:01 PM, someaveragechap wrote: What kind of weapon would you use to take the heads of your enemies Tails?

I'd bring a Muslim midget.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 23:14:12

These are the realities.

1.) Mankind survives long enough on Earth to develop the technology to move out to and colonize other planets, in our solar system at most. After a few billions years, the sun explodes and wipes out the solar system, leaving only you behind, floating around in space forever.

2) Mankind develops technology to colonize planets in other solar systems. If you're lucky you'll always have human company and be able to move to a different solar system before your current one dies.

3.) Mankind destroys itself before developing the technology to leave Earth. You're not smart enough to develop the technology on your own. You're stuck on Earth for a few billion years until the sun eventually envelops the Earth. The Sun's gravity pulls you in to it's center. Even if you were immortal against the sun's core, you would be stuck there until it exploded and then floating around in space forever.

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 23:28:39

I'd like the ability to not die until I want to.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-04 23:41:31

To stay in this 3rd density forever? No.

BBS Signature

Response to If you had a choice to be immortal 2015-09-05 00:29:28

I'm terrified of dying but I'm even more scared of seeing all my loved ones die before me. I wouldn't want that curse being put on my worst enemy.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature