00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

exporting anim. for android games

336 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

exporting anim. for android games 2015-09-04 03:51:19

Hello guys :)

this is also my first post here on Newgrounds, so nice to meet you all! :D

First of all, I'd like to ask if there is a particular way to export ANIMATIONS in VECTORS from FLASH for the purpose of Android games?

Here's the thing: I'm a graphic designer/illustrator and I also started to animate lately. I collaborate with a programmer on creating an android game. All this is kinda new for him too. And we'd like to put vectors into the android game, so far we had PNGs.
after I created my animation that's supposed to be in the game, all the png's created a huuge file. So it's tough on the phone, some older phones might not even load it etc. Vectors were the solution. He also needed the vectors for creating an interactive animation in the game.
And, he needs the file in FXG for some reason, I have no idea why because I don't know anything about those things.
The same file
in flash is 3 MB,
in FXG it's 11 MB,
in SWF it's only 915 KB!!!!
This animation that has 11 MB in FXG is only a small bit of all the animations that there will be. So this doesn't really solve the problem with the file size!

Besides the fact that saving animations in FXG is a real pain, it needs to be flat, with only vectors with fills that don't overlap (no masks, no tweens, no layers etc), I don't think FXG is a way to go, when SWF is far smaller and still has vectors.

So..... do you have any ideas how to export animation for an android game, what file format of the vectors is the best??

ANY help in this matter is greatly appreciated.