00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How many have you..?

2,160 Views | 37 Replies

How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:31:14

Ever been arrested? I just got busted last week...

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:33:12 (edited 2015-09-01 14:34:02)

A grand total of zero times! What did you get arrested for?

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:33:44

Never. I'm a good boy!

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:45:46

At 9/1/15 02:33 PM, FinaLee wrote: Never. I'm a good boy!

Me too! I have seven good-noodle points! Unlike Tyrone...

How many have you..?

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:47:42 (edited 2015-09-01 14:54:21)

June 22nd 2013 I got arrested for 2nd degree battery. Fucked someone's shit up for threatening my mom. Spent 111 days in jail fighting the felony down to a misdemeanor from the inside.
This is where most of my racism came from. For anyone who wonders. Sorry @Avery.

Sometimes I'll end up back in the can for public intox, the last two I don't even remember. I just woke up in a holding cell thinking "ah fuck, again"

My first time in jail was 2011, I unknowingly evaded a warrant for marijuana related paraphernalia (like $4,000 worth) by absconding to another state and I got hauled off back to florida for a fun 3 months at Sharps.

Right now I have until september 8th to pay these fines off or I go to jail. I'll probably manage it.
When you're an adult who's NOT a fucking SQUARE, jail is kind of a normal thing for you when you're an American guy in his mid- 20's. You kids enjoy high school while you can. Lifw gets much much harder no matter who you are.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 14:58:04

At 9/1/15 02:33 PM, icecreammac wrote: A grand total of zero times! What did you get arrested for?

Assaulting a police officer...

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 15:04:15

At 9/1/15 02:58 PM, SF-Productions wrote:
At 9/1/15 02:33 PM, icecreammac wrote: A grand total of zero times! What did you get arrested for?

So your grand plan was...?

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 15:06:26

..............but why?

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 15:39:52

OHHHH SHIT. TALK ABOUT THAT RIHT NOW. WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 15:46:20 (edited 2015-09-01 15:46:51)

I was arrested for arson. I burned down my room in an apartment. 17 years old.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 16:33:59

At 9/1/15 03:39 PM, PussyShark wrote:
OHHHH SHIT. TALK ABOUT THAT RIHT NOW. WHAT HAPPENED?!?

He was just in my way. I GRABBED his vest and threw him out of my way. I'm in trouble and now have to go to court...

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 16:47:25

At 9/1/15 02:47 PM, PussyShark wrote: When you're an adult who's NOT a fucking SQUARE, jail is kind of a normal thing for you when you're an American guy in his mid- 20's. You kids enjoy high school while you can. Lifw gets much much harder no matter who you are.

No it's really not. If you end up in jail it's usually because you fucked up. Sure, there's innocent people in there too, so it's possible to just be unlucky, but still in no way is it just "a normal thing".

It's called don't be a dumbass and know how to handle yourself around cops. 9/10 they'll just let you go with a warning provided you're not a complete douche about it.

I mean if you have to self defense or protect someone, do so, but if the cops get involved, know how to handle that too. Also don't take things overboard and never be the first to take things physical. If the dude was just verbally threatening then yeah you keep a close watch (also that's a really good time to alert the cops on the matter). There's always a chance there wasn't any better way to handle the situation and since I wasn't there I don't know, but rule of thumb is don't throw the first punch.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 17:01:53

At 9/1/15 04:33 PM, SF-Productions wrote: He was just in my way. I GRABBED his vest and threw him out of my way. I'm in trouble and now have to go to court...

You're either BSing or a serious ass. He's in your way, so that's the first thing that comes to your mind? Sorry, but you got what you deserved.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 17:29:38

At 9/1/15 04:47 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 9/1/15 02:47 PM, PussyShark wrote: When you're an adult who's NOT a fucking SQUARE, jail is kind of a normal thing for you when you're an American guy in his mid- 20's. You kids enjoy high school while you can. Lifw gets much much harder no matter who you are.
No it's really not. If you end up in jail it's usually because you fucked up. Sure, there's innocent people in there too, so it's possible to just be unlucky, but still in no way is it just "a normal thing".

The "not a square" thing was a reference to @FunkBRS 's recent topic, I was hoping someone would pick up on it and not attack me over it. That's actually very compassionate of you to acknowledge that there ARE good people in jail. Jail is a weird place. Sometimes it's a good place, sometimes it's not. sometimes the guy you bunk with in an open barracks is there for driving on a suspended, and sometimes it's a dude on his way to the Penn for murder waiting on court. Jail is a very weird place where you have no choice but to be on your guard 24/7. It is a normal thing becauss: we're all human. We all make mistakes. Just ask Funk, if you live your life within the confines of society like a good peon, your chances of going to jail are pretty much nil, yeah.
But sometimes a man finds himself confronting disrespect to his girlfriends, his friends, his own mother. You encounter these situations in life that you cannot ignore, and if you do then you're nothing bit a fucking CUCK. Fuck that, I'll take jail. I'd rather lay on a bunk proud of myself for defending myself and my family and loved ones from bad people than give in to weakening myself at the hands of the police state nation we often find ourselves in.

It's called don't be a dumbass and know how to handle yourself around cops. 9/10 they'll just let you go with a warning provided you're not a complete douche about it.

I agree with you there. But these weren't issues where your demeanor have any role to play. These were officers who were briefed on my situation and knew I had messed up, especially with that issue with the felony (which I am extremely grateful I got knocked down to a misdemeanor, I stand here to this day not a felon). This isn't like a parking ticket, Neon. You mess up bad and you have to pay for it, and there is absolutely no talking your way out.

I mean if you have to self defense or protect someone, do so, but if the cops get involved, know how to handle that too. Also don't take things overboard and never be the first to take things physical. If the dude was just verbally threatening then yeah you keep a close watch (also that's a really good time to alert the cops on the matter). There's always a chance there wasn't any better way to handle the situation and since I wasn't there I don't know, but rule of thumb is don't throw the first punch.

Hey, I made a mistake. I learned from it though. I know better ways to handle situations like that now, I used to be a very angry kid, but now if something like that happens I'm pretty sure I can just talk them down/yell their bitch ass down, and if they feel ballsy, well, I'll do what I have to I guess.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 17:34:22

At 9/1/15 05:01 PM, icecreammac wrote:
At 9/1/15 04:33 PM, SF-Productions wrote: He was just in my way. I GRABBED his vest and threw him out of my way. I'm in trouble and now have to go to court...
You're either BSing or a serious ass. He's in your way, so that's the first thing that comes to your mind? Sorry, but you got what you deserved.

It was in the hospital. He shouldn't have been in my way to start with. I'd say he's the ass for pressing charges on me when IT WAS his fault.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 18:14:15

At 9/1/15 05:34 PM, SF-Productions wrote: It was in the hospital. He shouldn't have been in my way to start with. I'd say he's the ass for pressing charges on me when IT WAS his fault.

So of all the people you could choose to be a dick to, you chose a cop. Did you even so much as ask him to step aside? Technically, that was assault, so I'm not quite sure what to say to you. Still, imprisonment would be kinda harsh for something so relatively small. As much as I disagree with what you did, I sincerely hope you don't get put away for it.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 18:20:01 (edited 2015-09-01 18:21:43)

I haven't been arrested. Arrests are public records and there are a lot of mugshot sites that try to extort arrestees, and it doesn't matter if you're innocent or guilty. Your collars will still show up on a background check, sending red flags to employers.

I have, however, been summonsed, both times in 2010 for fare evasion violations, resulting in a $25 fine in criminal court and later on, a $100 fine in kangaroo court.

Most cops are in the pockets of wealthy people and big banks and corporations in general, even if they don't fully realize it themselves. The idea is that cops should be serving the public, but they're really doing the devil's bidding just by being in the profession. Policing is a loathsome profession, and cops have been reduced from public servants to revenue collectors and perpetrators of unwarranted violence. I absolutely can't stand cops that just sit around in their cars all day looking for people to give speeding tickets just for going a little bit above the speed limit. No good purpose is being served by doing this, except to bring in more revenue to the state, town, city, village, whatever. Let's also not forget about cops that look for people minding their own business by drinking beer on their stoop, relaxing or sleeping in the park late at night, riding a bike on the sidewalk, operating electric scooters, selling untaxed cigs (because who wants to buy cigs in NYC with our cig taxes here?)...I could go on and on, but that's enough.

With the ongoing gentrification in big cities like mine, none of it would be possible without so many cops around. Right now they're on a campaign taking pictures of homeless people and basically publicly shaming them just for being homeless. The idea behind it is that the mere sight of homeless people, especially in rich neighborhoods, scares away buyers from other countries or states with a lot of money. And that's good. I don't want any more rich outsiders here. Plus, there would be almost no homelessness if we could all afford homes. Let everyone see how it's really like when no one can afford to live because of high rental and ownership prices. Overzealously enforcing low-level violations and breaking up homeless encampments just makes our existing problems worse and over time, makes just living a lot more expensive.

You've heard me say it before, but I have no problem saying it again until there are no longer any cops around here looking for reasons to harass people: fuck the police.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 21:44:27

If it were a normal person, you would say excuse me.

However, this particular man had a gun, and possibly pepper spray and a taser, so you grabbed him and pushed him aside.

This is why people get killed by the cops and then cry brutality ok goodbye.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 23:29:38

I been pulled over and let off with a warning, that was the most trouble I got in with the law.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-01 23:32:45

At 9/1/15 11:29 PM, BloodPact wrote: I been pulled over and let off with a warning, that was the most trouble I got in with the law.

I had lights flashed at me because they had better things to do than to pull over a Cobalt.

#thuglyfe

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 00:04:58

At 9/1/15 05:29 PM, PussyShark wrote: But sometimes a man finds himself confronting disrespect to his girlfriends, his friends, his own mother. You encounter these situations in life that you cannot ignore, and if you do then you're nothing bit a fucking CUCK. Fuck that, I'll take jail. I'd rather lay on a bunk proud of myself for defending myself and my family and loved ones from bad people than give in to weakening myself at the hands of the police state nation we often find ourselves in.

You do what you have to do. I never said not to. Just make sure it's necessary. I totally advocate fighting in self defense or in defense of others, if necessary. Implication is to first exhaust all better options. If it's verbal you keep that shit verbal. Always let your opponent be the first to escalate.

The only thing I take issue with is your suggestion that going to jail was normal -- it's not normal. Doesn't mean everyone that's been in jail are bad people or that they even deserved it. Just that, for most people, they're just never going to find themselves in that situation. "Normal" means "the norm" and it's certainly not the norm is all.

I agree with you there. But these weren't issues where your demeanor have any role to play. These were officers who were briefed on my situation and knew I had messed up, especially with that issue with the felony (which I am extremely grateful I got knocked down to a misdemeanor, I stand here to this day not a felon). This isn't like a parking ticket, Neon. You mess up bad and you have to pay for it, and there is absolutely no talking your way out.

I wasn't there so I really can't say. Only you or other witnesses were there so only you would know. I'm just saying in general, knowing how to behave around cops goes a long way to the chance they'll just let you off with a warning. Doesn't mean it's 100%. And you say they were briefed after, but what about during? There had to be some cop there on the scene or shortly afterwards before it was known what all took place.

Like let's say you were fighting with the guy, cops show up, break up the fight, and you're cooperative but the other guy is all cussing out the cops and swinging at them. Who do you think the cops will side with in that case? See what I mean?

Hey, I made a mistake. I learned from it though. I know better ways to handle situations like that now, I used to be a very angry kid, but now if something like that happens I'm pretty sure I can just talk them down/yell their bitch ass down, and if they feel ballsy, well, I'll do what I have to I guess.

It's fine. As long as you learn from your mistakes then it wasn't a complete loss. Better to learn from other people's mistakes instead of making them yourself, but if you learn from your own mistakes that's fine too. It's not stupid to make a mistake. It is stupid not to learn from it. Contrary to popular opinion (which is frequently wrong anyhow), smart people don't "not make mistakes". They merely learn from their mistakes, whereas stupid people do not. And the really smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

Plus if someone's physically attacking you, you have a right to defend yourself. You don't have a right to start a physical confrontation but you sure as hell have a right to defend yourself or someone else, if need be. Just make sure not to take things too far, don't escalate, and once the other person is no longer fighting, stop.

Escalation doesn't mean they have to connect. If it's currently verbal and they choose to swing a punch at you and miss? Boom, they've just escalated it to physical. Game on. Let your opponent make the escalations if you plan on claiming self defense.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 00:08:45

Once for common assault, my boyfriend at the time cheated on me so i belt the living shit out of him, he later dropped the charges because i thinking living with fact he got his ass kicked by me was embarrassing enough

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 00:36:30

hillarious thread!

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 00:47:56

Been detained a few times for skating.
Got threatened by a copper to go to court if i kept going down this one hill aye!

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 01:52:12 (edited 2015-09-02 01:56:42)

Too many times...

Word @PussyShark that's some real shit. I used to be a real knucklehead when I was younger (which is really a pretty big understatement, but that's another story.) I kinda squared up as I got older and started working. Had some pretty humbling experiences that changed my perspective on a lot of things, but... TBH if I didn't have anything to lose I probably still wouldn't hesitate to bank a dude's shit for coming at me sideways. I'd be lying to myself if I said otherwise.

I mean, everyone has their threshold. When that threshold is exceeded, mother fuckers will snap. Unless you're like the biggest fucking pussy on Earth, if someone keeps pushing your buttons you're going to have the impulse to sock that mother fucker in the mouth. Not saying that doing this would be a good thing, but unless you're able to find a way to disengage from that situation before you succumb to that impulse, it's only a matter of time before you do. It's just a natural human reaction.

In the past, I never really gave a fuck about going to jail for some shit like that because unless you fuck someone up really badly you're likely not going to be facing any serious time. It's usually just a week or two in county and right back out again. Before I started working, when I'd get locked up I always chose sitting down instead of posting bail. I wasn't about to drop a significant amount of cash just to spare myself a week or two at 850 Bryant. Same shit went for fines...

Only thing that really stops me now is that I've got important obligations like a job, making sure all my bills are paid, etc. I have way too much to lose right now, and in the unlikely event that I did get locked up for beating someone's ass again, I'd have no choice but to post bail because I can't afford to lose my source of income. If I couldn't show up for work because I was in jail, I could easily lose my job. I'd lose a lot more money in the long run as opposed to just taking a temporary hit to my bank account and posting bail.

I'm also really not in any shape to be fighting anyone anymore. My heart's badly damaged, my entire chest is totally FUBAR after having surgery and if I get hit hard enough it could very well prove fatal to me. I generally avoid getting into any sort of physical altercation because of this. If someone tries to put hands on me or someone I care about, there's not going to be any fight... If there's a problem, I've got a problem solver.

This discussion actually reminds me of a little incident that occurred just the other day... I was on BART coming home from work (I work in Oakland) and this punk mother fucker tried to act sick with me because apparently I wasn't disembarking from the train fast enough for him (even though dude could have easily boarded through any of the other like ~30 doors).

I just took one look at dude and thought to myself "Wow. I could fucking drop you right now and you wouldn't even realize what hit you." I shrugged it off and kept it pushing, since I wasn't about to risk my job and my freedom just to put some cocky little mark in his place. If dude had caught me back when I was like 17 though, I would have mopped his shit real good. I would have left him leaking and went to jail laughing my fucking ass off...

It's good for both him and me that I don't act so impulsively anymore.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Carry on, gentlemen!

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 03:28:47

Not yet, somehow.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 03:54:24

At 9/1/15 02:44 PM, OutlawSlayerk wrote: None..but I killed a man with a dart once [Nah I'm lying]

So you killed a man with a dart once, but actually went to jail?

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 05:22:16

At 9/2/15 05:17 AM, OutlawSlayerk wrote:
At 9/2/15 03:54 AM, Makakaov wrote:
At 9/1/15 02:44 PM, OutlawSlayerk wrote: None..but I killed a man with a dart once [Nah I'm lying]
So you killed a man with a dart once, but actually went to jail?
I was joking.

About not being in jail, right?

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 05:34:47

Never but I kind of wonder why the cops never turned me in for disorderly behaviour whenever I've been on a drink spree.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to How many have you..? 2015-09-02 06:40:34

Three times.