00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinions on online piano

1,092 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Opinions on online piano 2015-08-31 19:33:09

Is it promising for making music? or useless?

I just wanted to see what the community thinks...

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 07:41:30

Depends on how quickly you can control and record it, I think... It may be fine to teach someone how to play, but recording proper... probably not. I imagine controlling it with a mouse or a touchpad would be nightmarish, and unless you're adept with your own computer keyboard, you're probably not going to get much of a well-timed melody out of it, no?

If you're aiming to record, the best bet is to get a cheap keyboard and plug it (analogue/line in) into Audacity, or a small MIDI keyboard and plug it straight in through the USB port, use your already existing presets on FL or whatever DAW you use, and done.

Unless we have an online piano VST that works and sounds exactly like a Steinway grand... now that would make people's heads turn.

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 08:04:28

At 9/1/15 07:41 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Unless we have an online piano VST that works and sounds exactly like a Steinway grand... now that would make people's heads turn.

Not really useful for recording, but this is a pretty neat and fun tool! You can also apparently hook up a MIDI keyboard to it.

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 10:08:24

At 9/1/15 08:04 AM, Phyrnna wrote:
At 9/1/15 07:41 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Unless we have an online piano VST that works and sounds exactly like a Steinway grand... now that would make people's heads turn.
Not really useful for recording, but this is a pretty neat and fun tool! You can also apparently hook up a MIDI keyboard to it.

I guess if you manage to learn piano surviving that website, you are a great pianist! Bonus you get golden ear^^
Thanks for the good laugh.

I wonder if they have this for learning vuvuzela

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 10:13:07 (edited 2015-09-01 10:16:11)

i just spent like 20 minutes constantly bashing the flat 5th of whatever key someone was playing in on that; it was mildly amusing :v

i wonder if you could send midi out of FL into that. you could do some pretty funny/annoying stuff that way

p.s. i am gay

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 10:20:03

I loved that...

I like how with an online piano you can make note combinations that you cant on a real, and expensive one.

Like press keys on the left, right, and middle, to form a new chord.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 10:21:33

At 9/1/15 10:13 AM, midimachine wrote: i wonder if you could send midi out of FL into that. you could do some pretty funny/annoying stuff that way

Considering how MIDI works, I'm sure there's a way to route it to work that way. Possibly via using the MIDI Out in FL?

Response to Opinions on online piano 2015-09-01 12:04:57 (edited 2015-09-01 12:05:35)

Man, I don't know if it's just that I have adware (I doubt it, I run a tight shig, although maybe now I do) but I keep getting redirected to the nastiest sort of scammer sites (locked up the browser, fake windows error messages, fake BSOD in the browser window [lol cute]) in chrome when I click their buttons. Of course the site uses Java, so it only works if you enable it for their plugin. Fishy as hell. I don't get it with Firefox, which "For good performance, Chrome is highly recommended" Careful guys.

BBS Signature