00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Political Compass

982 Views | 11 Replies

Political Compass 2015-08-24 12:13:34

Have you guys taken the Political Compass test? How did you score?

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-24 13:59:45

At 8/24/15 12:13 PM, E-U-R-I-C wrote: Have you guys taken the Political Compass test? How did you score?

For those who are wondering what OP is talking about, he's referring to this test. My results for the test can be found here.

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-24 14:42:39

I don't think anyone who knows me would be surprised by this.

Political Compass

Derp.

BBS Signature

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-24 23:45:11

I've posted several of these throughout my time here. I believe this is the first time I have been on the libertarian side of the line (If I remember right.)

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-26 00:28:40

At 8/26/15 12:02 AM, Entice wrote: Last time I took it the dot was further to the right IIRC

I think I scored rite about where you are the first time I ever did the PC test. I remember it was about where Ghandi is. My current score is 4.25, -2.87.

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-26 00:30:11

Done this before, decided to do it again. Pretty much the same results as last time.

Political Compass

Response to Political Compass 2015-08-26 00:36:23

I have noticed these tests can vary widely merely based on your mood and your decisiveness on any given day. I should run an experiment by doing this every day for a week, or every week for 2 month to test this theory out...

...but I won't.

Pesonally I prefer those quizzes which match you with candidates or issues. They allow for importance to come into play and they have a middle opton too. They are still succeptible to the problem I stated above. Perhaps that problem is less with the test and more with the nature of humans, human opinions, and political opinions in general.

Response to Political Compass 2015-09-02 14:14:13

I don't like the test. The difference between "agree" and "strongly agree" makes a HUGE difference for the results, when the underlying sentiment is pretty similar. This time I turned out more left-wing (at least economically) and more libertarian than the Greens, when I hate that party. I suppose I'm economically left wing (being suspicious of mega corporations generally), but I'm not one of those who espouses sentiments like "tax the rich and everything will be better". My economic left wingness is more restricted to corporations instead of individuals, making it stack with my anti-authoritarian-ness. But I'm also young and naive which translates into anti-authoritarian sentiment. Anyway, a third axis might help. All in all I'd call myself pretty centrist. Left of center on domestic affairs and right on foreign. I feel like the dissonance lies in it asking very theoretical questions rather than actual policy. I feel like way more people espouse feel-goody left-wing sentiment than would want to make legislation of it. Also, I find that it interprets rejection of superlatives as a diametric disagreement. Rejecting "no public broadcasting information should receive public funding" does not mean I think there's inherent value in having funded left-of-center broadcasts which are no longer free to watch, defeating the entire purpose. That's just me...
My results: a link

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to Political Compass 2015-09-04 15:20:42

At 9/4/15 12:53 PM, kanef wrote: middle, top

kanef, i think your link is broken

Response to Political Compass 2015-09-04 17:24:37 (edited 2015-09-04 17:25:34)

I feel like I get different results everytime I take it. I took it again and got -4.0, -4.1

Political Compass

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to Political Compass 2015-09-19 11:48:40

Eh. I'm not suprised.

Political Compass

Response to Political Compass 2015-09-19 17:51:47

At 9/19/15 11:48 AM, Cazamal wrote: Eh. I'm not suprised.

Jeb? Is that you?