00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Counts As A "Web Based Game"?

463 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I make games with unity and really suck with music. So I want to know what counts as a "Web Based Game" because there is some music I would like to use for my game and it said it can only be used in a web based game/ animation without the creators permision.

Response to What Counts As A "Web Based Game"? 2015-08-24 14:04:22

At 8/24/15 01:06 PM, Cordyceps wrote: It should be free and available to the public, and its better if you upload it here on Newgrounds.

Thank you! I was just confused because I diddnt know if it had to ONLY be playable in the browser. This really clears things up.

Response to What Counts As A "Web Based Game"? 2015-08-24 18:23:55

At 8/24/15 02:04 PM, ThePugProgrammer wrote: Thank you! I was just confused because I diddnt know if it had to ONLY be playable in the browser. This really clears things up.

I'm pretty sure it has to be ONLY playable in the browser hence Web Based Game. Otherwise, you have to contact the artist and get permission say if you were going to release a Mobile game or Desktop game. Correct me if I'm wrong please. @liljim

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to What Counts As A "Web Based Game"? 2015-08-25 10:30:44

At 8/24/15 02:04 PM, ThePugProgrammer wrote:
At 8/24/15 01:06 PM, Cordyceps wrote: It should be free and available to the public, and its better if you upload it here on Newgrounds.
Thank you! I was just confused because I diddnt know if it had to ONLY be playable in the browser. This really clears things up.

If you're releasing a desktop or mobile version, even if it's free it is still always good to get the blessing of the artist - when a song is used (and credited) in a web game on NG the artist can see it but if it's used elsewhere it's a bit of a mystery to them.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature