00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

losing interst in all of my hobbies

822 Views | 21 Replies

I really don't know why. maybe i'm just exhausted with work, or something. but I cant bring my self to actually do any of the things i used to do, and enjoy them. i just feel like... there's rally no time to get involved with it anymore, so why put in any effort?

Writing
drawing
3D anmations
Videogames.

I wan to do all of these and enjoy them. but I just cant. I drew a shit load a few years back, and worked on a book that I've had in my head for most of my life. ut now it just feels like theres no real point to bother with it.

is there some ay I can fix this? I really ant to get back into my hobbies, they mae me happy.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 22:51:48

At 8/18/15 10:44 PM, Sekhem wrote: that's depression

see a real doctor about it

the problem is I don't feel depressed.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 22:54:49

At 8/18/15 10:38 PM, blazer133 wrote: drawing
3D anmations

I've stopped doing those a decade ago.

Was great at it too.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 22:59:25

Maybe you're just bored of doing those hobbies, find some new ones and take a break from the usual for while.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Try doing another hobby, maybe? Exercise is a great way to pass the time, but that's just a hunch. I'm also predicting a "but I'm too lazy to do this shit" sort of response.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 23:04:22

At 8/18/15 11:01 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Try doing another hobby, maybe? Exercise is a great way to pass the time, but that's just a hunch. I'm also predicting a "but I'm too lazy to do this shit" sort of response.

Nah man i lift about an hour a day.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

At 8/18/15 11:04 PM, blazer133 wrote:
At 8/18/15 11:01 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Try doing another hobby, maybe? Exercise is a great way to pass the time, but that's just a hunch. I'm also predicting a "but I'm too lazy to do this shit" sort of response.

May i feel your big bulgy biceps, then?

Also, have you ever tried running before? If you get really good at it, you can run really fast and run really long distances, and it encompasses over a large portion of your day.

Also, try watching ponies.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 23:15:21

At 8/18/15 11:06 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 8/18/15 11:04 PM, blazer133 wrote:
May i feel your big bulgy biceps, then?

Also, have you ever tried running before? If you get really good at it, you can run really fast and run really long distances, and it encompasses over a large portion of your day.

Also, try watching ponies.

I run too every other day or so, im a fit person, I eat healthy foods, and have a healthy life style.

No you may not feel me.

No i will not watch ponies.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 23:20:38

At 8/18/15 11:15 PM, blazer133 wrote: No i will not watch ponies.

https://youtu.be/HcE2AkTtGZg?t=12

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-18 23:42:51

At 8/18/15 11:15 PM, blazer133 wrote: No i will not watch ponies.

That's so sad I just wanna...

losing interst in all of my hobbies

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 00:07:45

Let NG become your new home. Nah i'm just joking, get help before it eats you up.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 00:50:48

Go in woods and hug a tree.

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 01:11:02

Just be yourself.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 02:48:51

give up that nerd shit and be a family man

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 08:10:28

Sounds like burnout with a side of changing life priorities and changing interests.

You can't force passion. That just eventually leads to embitterment. Only do your thing when the fancy strikes you.

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 18:46:53

take a break for a while from those hobbies and explore new things, either that or take up like different forms.

Like drawing? try painting.
Like video games? learn to edit them and mod them ( i got bored with video games and spent 2 years dicking with gta iv mods and eventually attempted to make my own texture mods which are basic)

etc.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 20:10:52

At 8/18/15 10:44 PM, Sekhem wrote: that's depression

see a real doctor about it

My thoughts exactly.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 21:59:35

If you're serious, then it's either a sign you're growing out of your old hobbies, or that you are perhaps depressed.

Are there any other symptoms? Sleeping either longer or shorter than you usually do? Not talking to friends?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 22:52:41

move somewhere else

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 22:59:56

All of your hobbies are entry level shit

That's the problem

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 23:12:33

They say the body changes every seven years. Far be it from me to say that might be an inacurate statements, but I think a lot of people loose interest in the things they do. This could also be a form of mental corruption. I'd say do something scocial, like play some games with other people. it doesn't even have to be friends, it could be random people. Make freinds that way, maybe. Cheddar cheese.

Response to losing interst in all of my hobbies 2015-08-19 23:29:01

At 8/18/15 10:38 PM, blazer133 wrote: I really don't know why. maybe i'm just exhausted with work, or something. but I cant bring my self to actually do any of the things i used to do, and enjoy them. i just feel like... there's rally no time to get involved with it anymore, so why put in any effort?

Sounds like a lack inspiration and exhaustion (if work sucks and is full time or better). Creative hobbies are the hardest to maintain, emotionally speaking. You may actually be depressed, or work's created such a rut, your better nature can't see over top of it anymore.

Maybe you think your words and ideas don't matter anymore, after all, school and modern society is set up to reinforce that bullshit, so we're better workers and not boat rockers.

You're not a kid anymore, there's no need to rush any new projects, once the inspiration arises.... a little work each day, in your own way and in your own time, adds up. Nothing feels better, than being the first person to enjoy your completed work :)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature