00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My dad keeps falling

2,157 Views | 21 Replies

This is the second time this has happened this month, my dad keeps falling over randomly and when I help him up he's really confused, he'll start saying stuff like "I thought I was talking to your mom" or he'll start talking about where something is. Does anyone know why this could happen? He does have diabetes but he doesn't take any medication for it.

He's also only 46 years old so I really doubt its Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 13:50:54

He's having some kind of seizure.

Do you call the medics or are you just gonna let him die one of these days?

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 14:15:53

My uncle was having similar symptoms and they diagnosed him with stage 2 butt aids

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 14:17:18

"Help, Iv'e fallen and I thought I was talking to your mom!"
Anyone get that?

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 14:23:35

At 8/16/15 12:47 PM, solamander wrote: He does have diabetes but he doesn't take any medication for it.

It could be low blood sugar.

Tell him to stop trying to kill himself and take his damn meds. If it continues, take him to a doctor.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 14:37:42

At 8/16/15 02:23 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 8/16/15 12:47 PM, solamander wrote: He does have diabetes but he doesn't take any medication for it.
It could be low blood sugar.

Tell him to stop trying to kill himself and take his damn meds. If it continues, take him to a doctor.

I was thinking it could be mad cow or something, bugs like that take years to develop symptoms. But yeah, blood pressure and diabetes meds have to be taken regularly (even if not at full dosages), and blood tests done every year, to make sure certain organs don't fail |: Depending on lifestyle and genetics, it could be dementia or Alzheimer's. Having a physical and mental routine every day helps in that regard... for everyone really.

The thing is, if your insurance is sub-par, you'll rarely get good healthcare. They'll milk the insurance companies for what little they can get, and get the patient out the door, so the better paying policies (patients) get better treatment, and more billable hours.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 15:10:52

Can you people take nothing seriously? "Butt aids" ? Are you childish fucks kidding? The correct term is Anal Aids.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 15:38:12

At 8/16/15 12:47 PM, solamander wrote:

::

He's also only 46 years old so I really doubt its Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Just a heads up, Alzheimer's and dementia don't just come to people of a certain age, its just more common in the elderly. My G ma is 92 going on 93 and she has mild dementia where she may just forget what time of day it is, or some close relatives names.

You might want to take him to the doc and see what they recommend

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 16:07:06

Consult a doctor.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 17:01:23

I laughed out loud at this topic title.

though i do feel you man. Was in a similar situation recently.

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 17:11:27

At 8/16/15 12:47 PM, solamander wrote: He's also only 46 years old

My dad died at 46.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 17:34:52

At 8/16/15 01:50 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: He's having some kind of seizure.

This, probably.

He should speak to his doctor about it.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 17:52:16

Alcoholism.

Its a chronic, fatal disease

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 18:49:23

Falling is not a symptom of either Alzheimer's or Dementia.
He may be having mini-strokes or have a blood clot or problems with arteries; on a less serious note, it could be something as simple as a middle ear infection which can cause loss of balance.

The confusion after a loss of balance indicates something like a stroke or blood clot.

It would be really bad if it happened when he was driving or going down a flight of stairs. A trip to the doc to get checked out would be a REALLY good idea.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 18:55:53

most likely butt aids.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 19:46:58

At 8/16/15 07:19 PM, Shauna wrote: Jesus Christ this thread is stupid. TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR.

Yeah okay, I'll just take my imaginary car with my imaginary gas and drive him to the hospital and use my imaginary medical insurance, I'll get right on that.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 20:20:03

As someone who is currently facing mounting ambulance and ER bills, I understand the hesitancy to just call 911 and get it over with. If you don't pay on time or fall behind fast while on a payment plan, they'll just keep hounding you and eventually turn you over to collections. That's why I keep saying over and over that all health care should be rendered with high quality and be completely free of charge.

I don't think seizures are involved. These sound like syncopal episodes that are rooted somewhere in the brain, heart or perhaps somewhere else. The tests involved that could lead to a proper diagnosis, such as an MRI, are expensive.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 20:27:55

At 8/16/15 07:46 PM, solamander wrote:
At 8/16/15 07:19 PM, Shauna wrote: Jesus Christ this thread is stupid. TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR.
Yeah okay, I'll just take my imaginary car with my imaginary gas and drive him to the hospital and use my imaginary medical insurance, I'll get right on that.

What happens when he has an episode while walking up the stairs, driving, or slicing vegetables with a large knife? You'll have to use your imaginary phoenix down to bring him back to life.

This isn't the time for sarcasm.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-16 20:37:57

"Son, I guess I should go to the doctor"
"No, that's silly, I'll just ask the people of Newgrounds BBS for help"

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-17 11:24:08

If you're really asking for advice on newgrounds general BBS, you must be on your ropes' end. And only now you've realized that the rope is on fire.

See, this is why I say medical care should be free.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-17 11:47:37

Damn son, full blown butt aids is helluva way to go.

Response to My dad keeps falling 2015-08-17 15:18:31

Reading books such as this makes me feel happy and warm inside. Maybe you should get him to read more if he already doesn't because reading improves the memory thus decreasing forgetfulness

My g ma would read the newspaper, old western books, etc. everyday and she has a good memory for a person her age. She also always tells me she has forgotten more than I know which is funny to me

My dad keeps falling

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature