00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Banned from audio? 2015-08-16 08:33:14

Why the heck am I banned from audio? I have submitted 2 songs, both made by garage band. This morning, I received 2 pm's by M-Bot, both saying:
---
You have been banned from submitting audio by BrokenDeck.

Reason: You have been temporarily banned for uploading songs comprising entirely of pre-made loops. These do not qualify as being your own compositions. Your ban ends in 30 days.

Ban Expires: 1 month from now

Featured Content
Games
Movies
---
Da hell? Who is Broken Deck? Why am I banned from audio? Can I like not make a song on garage band because of pre-made loops? But, seriously! I don't get why I'm banned. I just don't know. The message:
"These do not qualify as being your own compositions." makes me really mad. IT'S GARAGE BAND!!!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE SONGS WITH THE LOOPS!!!!! Ok, here's something. How come garage band lets me use the loops when I can't for my my music on here? I didn't make the loops, the owner of garage band did, and HE lets me and the other world-wide users use the loops. I want to be unbanned. If I'm not, I will make another post. I don't care what it takes, but this is just WRONG. How do you expect people to make their songs without loops? Newgrounds, wow. Just wow. Give me a break. Damn this website.

Bacon for vegetarians.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned from audio? 2015-08-16 09:02:16

I could get @BrokenDeck involved with this, but to be fair that ban message is pretty clear:

At 8/16/15 08:33 AM, VegetarianBacon wrote: Reason: You have been temporarily banned for uploading songs comprising entirely of pre-made loops. These do not qualify as being your own compositions. Your ban ends in 30 days.

You're not allowed to upload music that is made up of a bunch of existing content from somebody else.

IT'S GARAGE BAND!!!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE SONGS WITH THE LOOPS!!!!!

This is Newgrounds. You can't submit songs that consist of premade loops.

How do you expect people to make their songs without loops?

We would expect people to make the loops themselves.

I want to be unbanned. If I'm not, I will make another post.

That's childish, and only going to make your situation worse. Speak to @BrokenDeck if you want to get your temporary ban shortened ... but that's only likely to happen if you understand why you got banned in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned from audio? 2015-08-16 09:04:02

At 8/16/15 08:33 AM, VegetarianBacon wrote: I didn't make the loops, the owner of garage band did

There's your problem. You broke the Golden Rule of Newgrounds, which says that you must be the owner and creator of everything you submit. For more info…

Audio guidelines, and
contact BrokenDeck if you feel the need to complain, though I highly doubt it'll get you anywhere.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Banned from audio? 2015-08-16 10:02:21

Well, then this is BS. If I can't use garage band... What's the point of even submitting audio? Gonna use soundcloud now. Thanks a lot for the ban. I really appreciate it. -_-

Bacon for vegetarians.

BBS Signature