00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Percussion: triangle samples!

2,185 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-11 21:30:48

So this is crazy, but out of all the samples and instruments I have, I don't have a single decent dainty triangle sound. Everything is either this low resonating behemoth of a chunk of metal, or there are tons of stupid rolls and pre-set performances. All I need is a clean sample of 2 high pitched triangle hits. 1 open, 1 closed.

Again, looking through orchestral samples online I've found a ton of preset performances or, in the case of a lot of free sounds, very dirty recordings. Does anyone have any leads on a high quality triangle? I can't afford, nor do I need another orchestral or percussion sample pack...I just need this one thing for a track I'm working on.

aaaaaand GO!

I'm a composer. I'll make music for you.

Visit my site for my portfolio!

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-11 21:33:12

Make your own using FM.

p.s. ur gay

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-11 21:47:50

At 8/11/15 09:33 PM, TheBetterAudioPortal wrote: Make your own using FM.

In most settings, synthesis would work pretty well, but not this time. The chaotic bell overtones in the attack of metal is something that I'm not good enough to model and unfortunately is important for this particular piece as it already features a lot of struck metal. The part would be exposed enough and the attack prominently featured and I don't think I could get away with it without it sticking out like a sore thumb.

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-11 22:09:11

At 8/11/15 10:05 PM, Braiton wrote: You could get a real one for like $5.

I may at some point in the future and if I do I'm going to sample the hell out of it and corner what is apparently a niche market. Unfortunately this doesn't help me this evening :(

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-12 07:00:28

At 8/12/15 05:56 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: EWQLSO has a good triangle instrument. If you're willing to pay for all the other instruments.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/593805
Here's an example of the triangle's sound.

I have that! It doesn't have a muted triangle sample though. It only has a one hit, and a bunch of pre-fab performances.

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-12 14:24:44

blackattackbitch's 800-odd soundfonts has a triangle amongst them, which has muted, choked and free-ringing triangle samples. (Rolls too.) Perhaps you might want to check the forum thread associated with it?

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-12 14:34:06

At 8/12/15 02:24 PM, Troisnyx wrote: blackattackbitch's 800-odd soundfonts has a triangle amongst them, which has muted, choked and free-ringing triangle samples. (Rolls too.) Perhaps you might want to check the forum thread associated with it?

will do! Thanks :)

Response to Percussion: triangle samples! 2015-08-12 19:31:29

At 8/12/15 07:09 PM, dem0lecule wrote: The thread that Troisnyx was talking about.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1200140

Thank you!!! [s]he's posted a lot on that topic and I was having a hard time figuring out which one Troisnyx was talking about.

@sleepFacingWest If you hang on for a month or so, I'll be putting up eight triangles, heavily sampled, in the orchestral pack I've been building when I finish it... we even got a time lapse of them all getting recorded, haha.

https://www.facebook.com/116909634996143/videos/985327034821061

If you really need 'em now, I can see about cutting one of the triangles and popping it your way tonight. You'll have to specify which mic position, how many RR, and which velocities you'd like. :P

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature