00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paid Animation Gig

504 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Paid Animation Gig 2015-08-09 22:58:57

Hey, how's it going? My name's Wettworker. I'm a touring musician for hardcore bands and a producer/MC in an intelligently low-brow fucked up hiphop project. I want to team up an artist, or artists, who would be interested in paid gigs to add animation to music videos that are soon to be shot. We will start with one project and see how well it goes. If it goes well, I would gladly work with you more. I do not expect you to work for free.

I'm independent and underground (by choice (had the opportunity to sell out before, took it to test the waters/my own limits - never again)), so cash is low, but I'm looking at an animation budget of around $200 if you deliver a quality product by our deadline.

This first project is simple:
Total runtime 2 minutes 36 seconds. I will film a silhouette of me rapping of a greenscreen with no detail on my person, and you will be responsible for animating a twisted fucked up mouth on top of that silhouette that raps my lyrics. Start kinda normal, but as the song progresses/climaxes, I would like the mouth to get more evil/dark/twisted/psychedelic/randomized. Like for the first then seconds normal-ish human mouth, next ten seconds it grows some fangs, next ten seconds a giant tongue, then turn it into a tentacle, then a bunch of tentacles, then vomit blood, then vomit bombs and bullets and guns, etc.

These are just decent examples, but you have creative freedom, but the theme has to be over-the-top, (satyrically) hyperbolic sex-and-violence fucked up Heavy Metal homage meets twisted malevolent psychedelic self-aggrandizing lyrics.

References:
Like a less-inconsistent version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29KK5Q1lLQ

Or a less-boring version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfuCLp8VEng

If you are interested, leave some samples of your work and how to contact you. Myself and my director will get in touch.

Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to seeing who is interested. Get in touch soon.

Paid Animation Gig

Response to Paid Animation Gig 2015-08-10 16:14:29

Damn. I'm terribly interested because your project sounds unique and Heavy Metal is my jam, but that budget. What resolution and frame rate is your project set at? What kind of deadline are we talking? This project requires motion-tracking and frame-by-frame animation for it to look the way you intend.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Paid Animation Gig 2015-08-12 13:24:21

At 8/10/15 04:14 PM, maficmelody wrote: Damn. I'm terribly interested...

Thank you for your response. I have sent you a message!